A few things to ponder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs Gangst

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
To start I would like to say well done Kevin Moore for holding Barba back and finally seeing the great things he can do. Good to see we don't throw kids to the lions.

Secondly the bys for next season are very impressive. Hodkinson, Keating and Tolman are three of the best young guns in the comp. Hopefully there are more great signings to come, Blake Fergusson would be nice.

Last of all I would also add that just maybe we could be back and start to roll on now. The finals should be easy for a team in good form with so many average teams in this years comp.
Keating LOL he is 1 of the most dumbest signings in the history of dumbest signings ever ! PLus KEVIN moores an idiot :slick:

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It was always going to be a win/win for Kevvie.

If Barba flops - he says: "I told you he's not ready yet";

If Babrba Kills It - Kevvie is commended for not rushing him.

Reality is that Barba has looked a cut above in just about every game he has played this year. He was criticised and dropped after the Panthers game, yet we are all agreed that he is not a halfback and when pushced wider in the second half of that game, he, Jake Foster and Josh Morris almost got us out of a massive hole.

Its time to give credit where its due. The kid has earned his spot and in my opinion, KM is not the person to thank for that.
Spot ****ing on.

It's what I was kinda trying to say myself, but you put it into better words.

C

chipandchase

Reality is that Barba has looked a cut above in just about every game he has played this year. He was criticised and dropped after the Panthers game, yet we are all agreed that he is not a halfback and when pushced wider in the second half of that game, he, Jake Foster and Josh Morris almost got us out of a massive hole.

Its time to give credit where its due. The kid has earned his spot and in my opinion, KM is not the person to thank for that.
spot on mate, make sure Berries reads also, he doesnt think Barba should play "any" time on the field at 5/8.
maybe berries is Steve Folkes lol

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Let's bash Berries.

X

XxFoVoSxX

OMFG!! some has common sense in this shiithole...

god bless

gregh23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In terms of recruits, I hope we haven't finished in terms of trying to buy forwards for next year. Sure, we have bought Tolman and I'd be suprised if Tandy isn't re-signed but more size is needed to really cope with some of the other packs in the competition.

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done Kevin Moore - planning for season 2011 when in the middle of 2010 and a premiership to still fight for.

IMO Barba should've been there from the start...Imagine the experience he would have had already...as a result, the club is only seeing the benefits now - which I believe is too late.

How long ago did Roberts get injured??

bluewhiteblood

Waterboy
Reaction score
To be totally honest, looking back at all our games, there are little things that let us down in many of the games that we lost. And by little things I mean little things, most of them involving Barba and him being on the field for longer. I think the first game of the season, we lost due to poor conversions, this seems like a Kevin moore thing as Mic ennis said himself that he didn't want to kick. And with the way Bry's going right now, we would have won that game, and all those games where barba was getting "match fitness", we could have had him at least in the team and won a couple, that would have us in a MUCH better position than what we are in right now. Ben roberts has been injured for ages, and green is not the proper replacement as we can see. Ok if barba couldn't play the full 80, chop and change between him and green.Congratulations Kevin Moore!

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
just letting everyone know that i broke the kris keating signing here first as he is my mate..let me assure u that he is a gun player.all is not well at parra and we was dying to leave them..from the horses mouth,he is very very pumped to join the dogs next season and he will be 5/8 along side very good friend and player in trent..that has been the whole plan from late last year to bring these to players together at the dogs..all other players linked to the dogs is just a managers tactic to boost there players value on the market..future is looking great at the dogs..

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
just letting everyone know that i broke the kris keating signing here first as he is my mate..let me assure u that he is a gun player.all is not well at parra and we was dying to leave them..from the horses mouth,he is very very pumped to join the dogs next season and he will be 5/8 along side very good friend and player in trent..that has been the whole plan from late last year to bring these to players together at the dogs..all other players linked to the dogs is just a managers tactic to boost there players value on the market..future is looking great at the dogs..
ok genius...explain 2 me where roberts goes then?
does he play centre...or lock?.....tell me...because if he is resigned to the bench....once he comes off contract sum1 else will sign him....and i wouold not like 2 see roberts play against us

bluewhiteblood

Waterboy
Reaction score
ok genius...explain 2 me where roberts goes then?
does he play centre...or lock?.....tell me...because if he is resigned to the bench....once he comes off contract sum1 else will sign him....and i wouold not like 2 see roberts play against us
THANK YOU!! someone has brains... Kris keating is a dud as far as I can see, even at parra he can't get a locked position. Roberts at centre is a waste and him at lock? where does stagg go? or do we get rid of stagg the only guy who tries every single game?
If he is brought to the bench for the whole season, I would not be surprised if he left, we have persevered with him for so long, we can't let him go when he's going to perform.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
To start I would like to say well done Kevin Moore for holding Barba back and finally seeing the great things he can do. Good to see we don't throw kids to the lions.

Secondly the bys for next season are very impressive. Hodkinson, Keating and Tolman are three of the best young guns in the comp. Hopefully there are more great signings to come, Blake Fergusson would be nice.

Last of all I would also add that just maybe we could be back and start to roll on now. The finals should be easy for a team in good form with so many average teams in this years comp.
Too bad he held him back until it was too late in the season. He shouldn't get any credit for that. For me it's another reason for him to be next on the chopping block.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
lmao, his only spot is hooker and we have Ennis, unfortunately he has no role in the team if we have Ennis
Why cant Romelo come off the bench as a utility and interchange with Ennis like Hughes and Perry used to? It would keep the dummy half plays fast.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
we've won 2 cripple fights.

C

chipandchase

Why cant Romelo come off the bench as a utility and interchange with Ennis like Hughes and Perry used to? It would keep the dummy half plays fast.
bob cause ennis can play 80 minutes where the other you mentioned could not. he is a waste of a bench spot and we can add another attacking forward to backline player

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Ennis plays 80 minutes, but in my mind he's not an 80 minute player.

He can't keep his concentration levels up for the full game, and gets through very little work compared to other hookers who play 80 minutes.

P

Paint.

Roberts will play centre; why do you think Idris has been moved to second row? Common sense, people!

Status
Not open for further replies.