No Source A few targets

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was scrolling and come across this stuff from Clarke’s page on fb
Corey Allen’s been told he can look around I like the thought of getting has speed and can fill in fullback and not look outta place .
But we have to lock down Addo Carr signed and sealed before we play for Allen if it happens.
2nd Addo carr has to be done for a remis trade I’m happy for that
3rd jimmy the jets on the market i reacon get him for a year cause penrith ain’t gonna let critchon go and will demand a huge pay packet. And go for katoni for 22 and if jet goes alright maybe resign
If we can shop hoppa around to free up some money will be good
And obviously landing burton in 21 would be a god send but if not green with Flanagan will work I think
At least if we land Addo Carr , Allen , and jet on a one yearer will address our problem speed in the back line. At least a bit more exciting players
I seriously don’t think barrett is finished yet I think he has a few more players on his mind
A edge back rower hooker and prop for 22 a must if not to fill our roster for 21
Next year we can push for the 8 and 22 a top 4

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind a minimum wage gamble on Jet. If hes too far broken mentally and physically no big loss. Can’t be a long contract. 1 year only. If he performs you can give him the 450k contract the year after or he plays himself into a bigger contract elsewhere.

I honestly think he is done. But not the worst roll of the dice (we handed Foran $3m+ for 30 odd games, minimum wage for Roberts is nothing).

The only issue I see is you can’t move Hoppa. I think he is off contract next season so hoping that’s the end of his career in blue and white. And Hoppa is too slow to play anywhere but centre. And from what I can remember Roberts is only suited to centre? 3 into 2 don’t go (unless she is adventurous) And we just paid for cotric long term so just give him the #3 jersey he has been trying to get since he first entered nrl.

If cotric was about 5-10kg lighter he could have potentially done well at fullback. But let’s just play him at centre and see what moves we can make around him.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah roberts does seem fragile and who knows if there’s skeletons we wouldnt go for it plus i was thinking as a stop gap for jet and have a big crack at Kotoni Staggs he is a machine
South’s could be clearing deck to have a 11hr hour crack at Addo Carr too

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Corey Allen’s been told he can look around I like the thought of getting has speed and can fill in fullback and not look outta place .
But we have to lock down Addo Carr signed and sealed before we play for Allen if it happens.
3rd jimmy the jets on the market i reacon get him for a year cause penrith ain’t gonna let critchon go and will demand a huge pay packet. And go for katoni for 22 and if jet goes alright maybe resign
And obviously landing burton in 21 would be a god send but if not green with Flanagan will work I think
At least if we land Addo Carr , Allen , and jet on a one yearer will address our problem speed in the back line. At least a bit more exciting players
I seriously don’t think barrett is finished yet I think he has a few more players on his mind
A edge back rower hooker and prop for 22 a must if not to fill our roster for 21
Throwing good money after bad will not fix any problems we currently have, James Roberts has several issues our club does not need like personal mental issues and off field discipline issues that can only take us backwards rather than forward, so signing him is a massive gamble and a waste of salary cap in my opinion!

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Throwing good money after bad will not fix any problems we currently have, James Roberts has several issues our club does not need like personal mental issues and off field discipline issues that can only take us backwards rather than forward, so signing him is a massive gamble and a waste of salary cap in my opinion!
Agreed now when I look at it probley best we don’t play hoppa in the centre role

Dogsarnthavingaparty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mansour would be a great singing for dogs 2 years great dummy half metre gaining and tough sign him now

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There a few options there I mean we don’t have to sign them long term .but would help short term mansour is strong runner starting our sets off ,even just a 12 month contract I don’t think the super league lure is there now especially the wolf pack option

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I say we don’t help Souths get Addo-Carr by relieving them of cap restraints through Allen or Roberts... they already released Roberts and if Allen goes they may just get it done.
Most teams already have a fullback and those that don’t are looking for a rockstar, that leaves Allen to potentially stay put.

I can see B Smith being the Smokey recruit. JAC is copying Mitchell tactics with negotiations.

I’m not too sure Crighton is a sealed deal at Penrith, he is likely seeing 200K per year better offers then what Penrith can give him... that contract is not officially signed, Barrett is a massive fan and his brother is with us... could be one out of the blue. I’d give him JAC money, he’s that good.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The
The crystal ball shows...:grinning:
Possible signings for 2021
One of the Melbourne hookers, if not we won't waste our cap on an average hooker therefore it might not happen till 2022 !
1 Burton..................TBaz is confidant
2 Addo-Carr..........Hot / Cold
3 Allen......................If the price is right, and not to clear the way for Souffs to sign JAC
For 2022 the sky is the limit we have 15 players off contract, some players we must sign now !!!

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
But the player that touches the ball the most...Dummy Half...isn't that the critical piece in the puzzle?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not many good hookers on the market for 21
JUST AN IDEA. With not many hookers available, what would be wrong developing Jackson Topane at No 9 he seems to have the talent to be a great player, but many claim that he is not big enough to become really great as a middle or edge forward.
Been only 18 I can't see why someone with so much talent could not be developed for a certain position.