No Source A few targets

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
JUST AN IDEA. With not many hookers available, what would be wrong developing Jackson Topane at No 9 he seems to have the talent to be a great player, but many claim that he is not big enough to become really great as a middle or edge forward.
Been only 18 I can't see why someone with so much talent could not be developed for a certain position.
Wakeham has been given first shot according to the news.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
JUST AN IDEA. With not many hookers available, what would be wrong developing Jackson Topane at No 9 he seems to have the talent to be a great player, but many claim that he is not big enough to become really great as a middle or edge forward.
Been only 18 I can't see why someone with so much talent could not be developed for a certain position.
That's a myth. Topine is bigger than Murray for e.g. JMK or Wakeham (might as well try it) for hooker if we don't sign one for 2021.

Malla

Reaction score
Corey Allen is good but I think his asking price might be a little too high now after his origin success - am still not sold on him either tbh. Good player, but has played in good teams at Souths and then Maroons - he will be another over priced shit stain on our squad. That money would be better off getting Burton across as well as a good hooker.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Corey Allen is good but I think his asking price might be a little too high now after his origin success - am still not sold on him either tbh. Good player, but has played in good teams at Souths and then Maroons - he will be another over priced shit stain on our squad. That money would be better off getting Burton across as well as a good hooker.
I reckon he’s pretty much a Hopoate. Not the fastest or strongest player but reads the game well and can ball play.

Malla

Reaction score
I reckon he’s pretty much a Hopoate. Not the fastest or strongest player but reads the game well and can ball play.
Yeah maybe a little quicker, or as quick as Hoppa was before he went on his mission.

Allen would just be asking for too much tho.. I reckon he and his management would try 600k a year or something - he isn't worth that much.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not many clubs looking for fullbacks (most clubs have established fullbacks). Allan might not have much choice.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hoppa bulked up a bit and lost his speed. Nothing to do with the mission. I agree Allen would ask too much now as he got selected for Origin, regardless of how average he was
Yeah maybe a little quicker, or as quick as Hoppa was before he went on his mission.

Allen would just be asking for too much tho.. I reckon he and his management would try 600k a year or something - he isn't worth that much.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I reckon we should have had a crack at Patrick Carrigan. Napa will be gone after this season and Carrigan would slot in nicely.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I reckon we should have had a crack at Patrick Carrigan. Napa will be gone after this season and Carrigan would slot in nicely.
We had a crack at Carrigan before he debuted with the Broncos.
~350k a year.

We should go hard for Spencer Leniu, almost all of Napa's money.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Think he’s be lucky to get half that.
He was pretty ordinary in the origin game and still don’t think he’s a real first choice FB for most teams. I’d rather focus money somewhere else if that’s what it comes down to.
Personally I don’t think he’s an upgrade on what we have already.

Malla

Reaction score
Hoppa bulked up a bit and lost his speed. Nothing to do with the mission. I agree Allen would ask too much now as he got selected for Origin, regardless of how average he was
He did not come back the same lol

Malla

Reaction score
Think he’s be lucky to get half that.
He was pretty ordinary in the origin game and still don’t think he’s a real first choice FB for most teams. I’d rather focus money somewhere else if that’s what it comes down to.
Personally I don’t think he’s an upgrade on what we have already.
He was not ordinary lol he played great, and played great all year.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He did not come back the same lol
At manly he was playing in a stacked backline with Glen Stewart on the edge along with some classy young halves. No doubt he was better before he left the game, but man did he get some quality ball

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Christian tuipulotu would be a decent sighning cheap, has big wraps on him and we nee outside back depth. Roosters released him .