A big question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Was a win like today as good as the "lose" a lot of people say we need goin into the final, I say yes, agree or not?.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I think so, the first 20-30 minutes would have been a huge reality check for the team. We were very poor in the first 20 minutes with things slightly improving for the rest of the 1st half. We obviously improved greatly in the 2nd after Dessie gave them a pep talk (thankfully).

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We made a lot of simple errors which put the Broncos into the game. That we could consolidate and grind out a win shows that we have the awareness to make the GF.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
not so much a loss, but more "we cant be complacent" if we are to make a mark in the finals. we've already proved we can beat any team if we are focused and have the right attitude. the foundation has been set.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Yes I think so. When you look at the big picture you'd think it's impossible for us not to drop another game. But if you break it down one game at a time there is no reason why we have to lose another game.
I am really worried that Melbourne and Manly are finding form but the fact that we have been winning games like today with half our starting pack missing is really positive

Gingerbread Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes, it's almost as good as a loss. It gave us a wake up call. Keating was rusty, Reynolds will realize that the cross field kick in your own half on 5th tackle is not so great when your only 2 points up and Ennis will never kick from dummy half again (he reminds me of how Corey Hughes use to kick from dummy half - dead set pot luck what you get)

On a pleasing note, when we needed to grind, Tolman, Eastwood, Pritchard, Jackson and even Taupau carted it up and made the hard yards up the middle which laid the foundation for Barba. Good signs as said before that we did it without Graham, Kasiano and Halatau. Also Eastwood is starting to resemble the Beastwood of 2009.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
not so much a loss, but more "we cant be complacent" if we are to make a mark in the finals. we've already proved we can beat any team if we are focused and have the right attitude. the foundation has been set.
I agree with this. I'd prefer today to be that wake up call the team needed. Better to be winning than losing especially to other top 8 sides you may need to face again in a few weeks

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yes... Finals games you can find yourself coming from behind to win a game. We never gave up today like the Bulldogs of old would have done. We played 80 minutes, and beat the Broncos with only 40 minutes of decent play.

Status
Not open for further replies.