Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Sparkle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only Kimmorley and Gower come to mind. They were always ahead of Shifty in the pecking order.
Couldn't believe how Finch was picked before Sherwin the Origin for 2004. Johns, Kimmorley, Gower and Orford were all injured. Sherwin had shown what he can do in the years before in 2002 & 2003 yet Finch still got picked because he was playing for the Roosters.

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
Couldn't believe how Finch was picked before Sherwin the Origin for 2004. Johns, Kimmorley, Gower and Orford were all injured. Sherwin had shown what he can do in the years before in 2002 & 2003 yet Finch still got picked because he was playing for the Roosters.
That year I remembered Gould wanking over Sherwin. All the commentators were. And then Sherwin utterly upstaged him in the grand final.

Mike B

Bargache +447
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Sherwin was Better than Mortimer is off chops! Mortimer was great for his entire career. One of the greatest to play the game, he captained NSW to their first ever series win over QLD and won 3 GF's with the Dogs.

Sherwin was good for 3 seasons tops.

What about Ewan McGrady ;) Won the Rothmans medal.

midas

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sherwin would of been a NSW rep if he didn't have Andrew Johns to compete with.
no... for some reason Sherwin was poorly thought of by the rest of the league... remember that when Johns was injured and didn't play in the '04 Origin series, the selectors originally went with Gower... when Gower got injured in Game I, NSW then looked at Kimmorley, Barrett and Orford as a replacement but none were available and they finally picked Finch... so effectively, the NSW selectors looked on Sherwin in the year he won a premiership as behind Johns, Gower, Kimmorley, Barrett, Orford and Finch

IMO as an attacking halfback only Johns was better during Sherwin's best years (2002-2004)... but few agree with me

Status
Not open for further replies.