6 things I noticed about our win against the Dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Watching the game again I thought I would share 6 things that stuck out to me...

1. Mybe is faster than BMoz - You can see that from the 2nd tackle kick and chase. Even Des knows that Mybe has to be in every game.

2. Klemmer, Kas and Pritchard routinely make an extra 5-10 extra metres after they're tacked by 3-4 defenders!

3. Curtis Rona is a superstar in the making.

4. Josh Reynolds has become super composed about his role in the team and was inspirational on the field and in the post game interview.

5. Lafia must have the best hands in the NRL lol

6. Des is a mystery but I like him!! He is up to something with our tri-halves combination.

I should have made it 7 - The commentators were great and did not mind the Dogs actually playing well. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
can I add ?
I noticed that we lost attack as soon as Graham left BUT seemed to shift gears pretty quickly.

This is massive for us , we have ,in the past, been so reliant on Graham that we seem to fall apart when he doesn't play.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I'm not sure that mbye is faster than bmoz , he just returned from a hamstring injury but mbye is quick he beat everyone to the ball, I love wen vossy commentates there is no favouritism

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
All good and positive points for the team,des has definitely tinkered with our attack which is great for our team

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Watching the game again I thought I would share 6 things that stuck out to me...

1. Mybe is faster than BMoz - You can see that from the 2nd tackle kick and chase. Even Des knows that Mybe has to be in every game.
Watch it again... Mbye was off side, I thought so at the game, I slowed down the replay and he was clearly off, luckily it wasn't a try!

Brett Morris just came back from a hamstring injury ridiculous to suggest that one play proves Mbye is faster!

Last edited by a moderator:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bmoz definately wasnt running at full tilt in this game which is a good thing first game back

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not sure that mbye is faster than bmoz , he just returned from a hamstring injury but mbye is quick he beat everyone to the ball, I love wen vossy commentates there is no favouritism
M'bye is the fastest in the club over 40m. He was quicker than even rat boy 3 years ago.
I would say bmoz is the quickest over 100 though.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
M'bye is the fastest in the club over 40m. He was quicker than even rat boy 3 years ago.
Nrl 360 mentioned he is faster than Brett Stewart at his peak something crazy like 3.6 over the 40m

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep pre- hamstring injury Bmoz would definitely beat Mbye over 100 metres

Malla

Reaction score
can I add ?
I noticed that we lost attack as soon as Graham left BUT seemed to shift gears pretty quickly.

This is massive for us , we have ,in the past, been so reliant on Graham that we seem to fall apart when he doesn't play.
Good point. Our resillience is something that has been exemplified the last few weeks and I think this is because of the hardships the team has been through this year. ie. that Souths game.

Blowing a 26 point lead against Canberra then twice scoring to take the lead again before the field goal. Look at what happened to Parra on Monday, they shut up shop when Cowboys were on their run. And of course the way we came back against Dragons when earlier in the year we probably would have lost that.

We are just attacking more and I love it.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
6. Des is a mystery but I like him!! He is up to something with our tri-halves combination.
He said in the post match interview with MMM that this was only because of doubts over Lafai being able to finish the game. I don't know if that is entirely true, but I do not think his plan is to run with three halves long term.

It will be interesting to see what happens moving forward, especially if we have no injuries in the centres where he likes to just slot Mbye into.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
learning to play without graham and our ability to bomb a try stood out for me

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
can I add ?

Yes, that did happen. I suppose it takes a bit of time to reorganise when your top gun/captain goes off injured after just sixteen minutes.

I'm not going to argue the toss either way. But... some time ago, i.e. pre the BMoz era Moses was touted as our fastest player over forty metres. So its nice to know that we have genuine speed in the halves, centre, wing and fullback.

If Loko and Phillips play on our right side against the Titans (Lafai at left centre) we would have a very potent backline wit a still very usedful pack of forwards.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Eastwood is under rated, some massive charges every game even if we are losing by 30 like earlier in the year.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Eastwood is under rated, some massive charges every game even if we are losing by 30 like earlier in the year.
Agree here too.

Eastwood is consistently one of our best. Not always a top 3 but always up there.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
[hQUOTE=Berries;2989501]Eastwood is under rated, some massive charges every game even if we are losing by 30 like earlier in the year.[/QUOTE]
the only forward except Graham that was able to make an impact in the gf

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
BZZZZT :P

Mbye WAS quickest over 40m.

Then we recruited Damien Cook and Tyrone Phillips.

Phillips is about the same speed as Mbye. Cook is faster.

Cook is bloody fast in open space AND off the mark.

Anyone catch the half time entertainment on Monday you'd have seen Cookie in action.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BZZZZT :P

Mbye WAS quickest over 40m.

Then we recruited Damien Cook and Tyrone Phillips.

Phillips is about the same speed as Mbye. Cook is faster.

Cook is bloody fast in open space AND off the mark.

Anyone catch the half time entertainment on Monday you'd have seen Cookie in action.
Yeah he's fast and he's also a hooker I'd say he would be great off the bench next year if they reduce the interchange

Status
Not open for further replies.