News 5 Talking Points

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Gus and Ciraldo are quietly confident in the squad. The forward pack will surprise most on the forum.

I agree, King and Knight look fitter and better than ever, Hughes is a completely different player to last year whilst Sutto looks freshened up and ready to rip in. Add Curran and Fasu, then RFM with something to prove and also kids that are a year older and hungry for a go there is a chance we may surprise many.

Just hope we don't get injuries

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Considering Tevita, Faitala Mariner and Thompson gave us virtually nothing and Kikau was injured for the baulk of last season surely we can only be better in 2024.
Players train for 3 to 4 months to get ready for the season. We had injuries to guys who missed 8 plus week and expected them to contribute a week or 2 after returning from injury. So many players lacked conditioning from long stints and injury management. Next yr is the start of the revival.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, King and Knight look fitter and better than ever, Hughes is a completely different player to last year whilst Sutto looks freshened up and ready to rip in. Add Curran and Fasu, then RFM with something to prove and also kids that are a year older and hungry for a go there is a chance we may surprise many.

Just hope we don't get injuries
Bloody injuries don’t hex us! Nah man after being hyped for the season this year, then losing Kiks after only a few games was shit. Had half the pack out when that happened.

Hopefully we go much better next year. I have high hopes for Sam Hughes. Hope he can step up and become a mainstay of the 17.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Gus and Ciraldo are quietly confident in the squad. The forward pack will surprise most on the forum.
Hahahahahah you better be good at training and wrestling to turn around a 66-0
Thumping to a middling team.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

This is my favourite part - “As well as hiring former Bulldogs to coach their pathways teams, the club have also adopted a new motto for their junior academies of ‘bred, not bought’, a slogan featured on banners at games during 2004, the last time the Bulldogs won a title.”

Bred not bought! Well at least if you’re under 20?
I reckon depending on the player some players can become Bred Bulldogs in a season or two. Like Preston, he just bought into the Bulldogs right away as he has the type of character that understands the value of commitment and hard work. If the culture is strong enough players will get sucked in and become part of the culture.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
For sure. Could be the difference this year if at least one of those 2 can find their feet in NRL. Hughes probably more likely IMO
Let's hope the middles are getting really strong intensive training and psych sessions (as a tight group) on what is required to compete in NRL and the job they have to do for the team.

Dogs Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Let's hope the middles are getting really strong intensive training and psych sessions (as a tight group) on what is required to compete in NRL and the job they have to do for the team.
The group will throw out a few surprises this year. Yes, we are lamcking in a big name and we experience but we will see a cohort of developing middles that will shine.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really hope Patalo stands up and has a great season, could solve alot of problems for us
Hasn't played much footy in the last few years but has a decent body for it. I thought he was getting a few more post contact metres the last I saw of him, but like you said, it would help a lot if he stands up.

Rocket64

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cannot go with Sutton and RFM .. that’s what we are lacking at the moment. I’m not ruling out Gus will find a decent prop before the trial matches next year .. 1-2 decent props will certainly put us fighting for the 8 .. we have plenty of speed and class out wide ..