5/8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
groom was picked at hooker last year. he couldnt really defend out wide at that position. and he did ok.

as to barba, he defended near the wing in the u20s, so im not sure why he wasnt protected in fg.

Fu Manchu

www.myspace.com/fumanchu
Reaction score
groom cant tackle holdsworth maybe but 1st choice hands down will
be ben roberts , and for the record roberts aint going anywhere it was
robbie farrahs hinch man that whack ben roberts in the back of the head first after
farraha went to the mens roberts bought farrahs misses a drink and when robbie came
back he got jellous and his hinch man wack ben from behind and ben then retailiated
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

sammy08

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i thought holdsworth was released from the club ?
anyone have news on that ?

M

Mr Miyagi

groom cant tackle holdsworth maybe but 1st choice hands down will
be ben roberts , and for the record roberts aint going anywhere it was
robbie farrahs hinch man that whack ben roberts in the back of the head first after
farraha went to the mens roberts bought farrahs misses a drink and when robbie came
back he got jellous and his hinch man wack ben from behind and ben then retailiated
You have no clue champ lol, you get some tips from a few people you know with in the club but when you talk footy you are hopeless

B

billiris

put holdworth in with noddy and you will see him recapture the form he had a couple of years ago. If you guys hadven't remebered cast ur eyes back to 05 and 06 where shifty was playing well and Holdsworth was touted as the next big thing.

Noddy is quality and thats what Holdsworth needs around him. Plus DJ played a lot at first receiver this year-his a 5/8 not a halfback. Put Benny Roberts on the bench if his still at the club LOL.

M

Mr Miyagi

put holdworth in with noddy and you will see him recapture the form he had a couple of years ago. If you guys hadven't remebered cast ur eyes back to 05 and 06 where shifty was playing well and Holdsworth was touted as the next big thing.

Noddy is quality and thats what Holdsworth needs around him. Plus DJ played a lot at first receiver this year-his a 5/8 not a halfback. Put Benny Roberts on the bench if his still at the club LOL.
I naver saw anything in holdsworth tbh, the team was going well and he got hyped up because he was in braiths shoes.
He was average from the beggining, I reckon I could outplay him being unfit behond a pack like the 06 one.

B

billiris

I naver saw anything in holdsworth tbh, the team was going well and he got hyped up because he was in braiths shoes.
He was average from the beggining, I reckon I could outplay him being unfit behond a pack like the 06 one.
true true we did have a great pack but whos not to say that the likes of Ennis and Kimmorley won't hype him up?

Look at Brett Seymour. Ever since hes been playing along side Noddy he seems to have stepped up quite well. All I'm saying is that some players need quality around them to play well. Give DJ a chance.

M

Mr Miyagi

true true we did have a great pack but whos not to say that the likes of Ennis and Kimmorley won't hype him up?

Look at Brett Seymour. Ever since hes been playing along side Noddy he seems to have stepped up quite well. All I'm saying is that some players need quality around them to play well. Give DJ a chance.
groom is ten times the player Holdsworth is, if he cements his place you will all see why.
I think he is the man who should be groomed (ironic lol) for the 7 once brett retires.
Great athletisism, vision and kicking game

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon Roberts will get the nod but Holdsworth and Groom may get a shot at it through the year.

luke

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
new coach,new players and hopefully a new attitude will have all the boys in top form fighting it out for a top 17 spot lets just get behind whoever coach moore selects and give them time to adjust to a new combo. c'mon the dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GP

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think whoever does get chosen will perform a lot better than last year. Holdsworth and Roberts are both 5/8's and will benefit from playing in their preferred position with a real halfback.

Groom will also benefit from playing with Kimmorley and learning to play halfback from a halfback. Brent Sherwin came into first grade playing 5/8 with Stuart as halfback before moving to halfback when Stuart retired and I can see the same thing happening with Groom!

M

Mr Miyagi

I think whoever does get chosen will perform a lot better than last year. Holdsworth and Roberts are both 5/8's and will benefit from playing in their preferred position with a real halfback.

Groom will also benefit from playing with Kimmorley and learning to play halfback from a halfback. Brent Sherwin came into first grade playing 5/8 with Stuart as halfback before moving to halfback when Stuart retired and I can see the same thing happening with Groom!
Nah man, Sherwin came off the bench if I recall right

Vladamir

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
they should just exoeriment the first few weeks and whichever combination works best stick with it

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeahs thats probably why dj and roberts shouldn't get a chance we have experimented with them for quite some time now. But who knows with noddy they might shine.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dj was fine at 5/8 through 06, He turned to **** when he was put at halfback, Slot him on the inside of a decent halfback like kimmorly and he will do his job.

dog on guard

mighty doggies
Reaction score
You have no clue champ lol, you get some tips from a few people you know with in the club but when you talk footy you are hopeless
i learn from you
you should be called mr know it all
not mr miyagi take a chill pill

Last edited by a moderator:

Maddoggie

Maddoggie
Reaction score
I am miffed as to why no one has mentioned Maitua at 5/8. With him in the backline we become a more defensive side. This is what we need DEFENCE. This year is a rebuilding year and our defence has to be our focus.

Kimmorley and Ennis will provide a kicking game the likes we haven't seen since Sherwin.

Roberts if still at the club to me is a impact player off the bench and a potential lock if he sorts out some of the rubbish in his game.

I like DJ but I think he will be a back up player next year.

Groom and Barba still have plenty of things to learn about first grade

Maitua for 5/8.

K

kennyy

The question should be, how many threads do we need on this exact topic.
As many as we like, this is a bulldogs discussion board. For us bulldog fans

oh thats right ur an outcast posting on bulldogs discussion in the off season

Status
Not open for further replies.