Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah I think this is their last record

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
New Metallica song

Gotta say that I'm really starting to look forward to this album. This song has decent riffs, excellent solos, some classic Metallica sound mixed with a bit of a new melodic death influence.

This sounds like what they were trying to do with Load but failed to do.
agreed but there's still something about their sound that's irritates me which i can't quite put my finger on

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
New Metallica still sounds like an old bunch of dudes trying to rehash great riffs with very little success and recorded through a tin can

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Metallica - Kinnnnda sounds like a track that a Metallica cover band would release! They really have gone down the "Nickelback" route of making everything sound similar.. and this track... well it's how they remind me. (shameful Nickelback pun).

THAT SAID .... this track actually reminds you just how bloody good Kirk Hammett is when he unleashes.

HAHAHAHA Have you guys seen this site before ( http://heaviermetal.net/ )... some funny shit on there.

This one is rather fitting.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Metallica - Kinnnnda sounds like a track that a Metallica cover band would release! They really have gone down the "Nickelback" route of making everything sound similar.. and this track... well it's how they remind me. (shameful Nickelback pun).

THAT SAID .... this track actually reminds you just how bloody good Kirk Hammett is when he unleashes.

HAHAHAHA Have you guys seen this site before ( http://heaviermetal.net/ )... some funny shit on there.

This one is rather fitting.

I'm looking forward to the album but they've definitely hit a wall. They tried to go in a rockier direction and no one liked it. So they tried to make it different an complex and no one liked it. So now they're going back to their roots and people will probably hate that too.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
All seems really uninspired.. much like everything they have done lately

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
agreed but there's still something about their sound that's irritates me which i can't quite put my finger on
Lars. His drumming is absolutely fucking terrible. Honestly, I don't know how anyone considers him a good drummer

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lars. His drumming is absolutely fucking terrible. Honestly, I don't know how anyone considers him a good drummer
I remember about 15 years ago when there was a debate over who was the better drummer. Lars Ulrich or Dave Lombardo. People were saying "Lars man, 'cause he's in Metallica and has a huge drum kit", but realistically it was light and day. Lombardo could pump out something that looked like a complete mess but if you slowed it down it was one of the most complex beats you've ever seen pumped out at 10x.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
In terms of drummers.. Joey Jordison, Chad Smith, Vinnie Paul, Morgan Rose would be up there I reckon. That's just off top of head.. I know there are definitely others.

Rose is friggn amazing live.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

New Korn track with Corey Taylor.

Most will hate it but this will always be the first real band I got into 20 years ago.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

New Korn track with Corey Taylor.

Most will hate it but this will always be the first real band I got into 20 years ago.
Tolerable. After the whole Dubstep thing I just lost it with Korn. Even their good sounding stuff no longer works for me.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolerable. After the whole Dubstep thing I just lost it with Korn. Even their good sounding stuff no longer works for me.
Fucking terrible. That whole intro sounds like some kid sat on his mac book and recorded it through garageband

As for Corey, that dudes broken. I can't remember the last time he done anything decent

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lacuna Coil have announced their support acts will be Orpheus Omega and Gods of Eden.

Wasn't going to go as I'm not a huge Lacuna Coil fan but I do like their music and both support acts are brilliant.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
that is so fucking good hahah