37 Years Of Misery - The Drought Continues

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Para fans have added extra disappointment to themselves by acting like they'd won the GF before it was played.

That guy from the confrontation with the Panthers support must be feeling extra salty today.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We waited from 1942 to 1980 for our GF win. I was born in 1948 and had to wait until I was married with children, and a mortgage, before I saw my first Bulldogs win. By the time we won that GF, with a brilliant try saving tackle from Steve Mortimer - the equal of Edward's tackle last night - we'd gone from Berries to Bulldogs.

Felt like a lifetime. I'll probably never see the next Bulldogs GF.
That's where you are wrong my friend............... YOU WILL!!!

YOU WILL see the next Bulldogs GF Victory Real Soon - Hang in there my Bulldog Brother.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thank god for parra, they take the focus off our lack of recent premiership success . . . It's been nearly 20 years ffs

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

They never ever had a chance last night, I tipped them to lose by 20 and I was about right.

But it is a pretty good achievement to go from the spoon to GF in 4 years. If they keep their squad and improve a bit they can still nab a trophy in the next few years. Penriths window is going to close in a few years I reckon, they have already started to lose players.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Probably weren't around in the 80's when the rivalry/hatred was started and was strong . Although I hate penrith too, I was just hoping Kikau and Mahoney played well and came through the match uninjured
You don’t need to have experienced the rivalry in the 80’s to want Parra to lose. Just like you said, why on earth do we want teams to break their drought? Just makes the dogs drought look longer. Canberra, Parra, Warriors, Newcastle can stay under us as longest droughts.

Last edited: