$35 million lawsuit against David Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DAVID Jones has been hit with a $35 million lawsuit from former publicity co-ordinator Kristy Fraser-Kirk, whose sexual harassment claims led to the shock resignation of boss Mark McInnes.

In a statement of claim filed in the Federal Court in Sydney this morning, Ms Fraser-Kirk alleges the DJs chief executive made unwelcome sexual advances.

She claims that during a lunch to celebrate a contract renewal between the retail giant and racing identity Gai Waterhouse, Mr McInnes urged Ms Fraser-Kirk to try a dessert by saying it was “like a f*** in the mouth”.

She also claims he put his hand under her clothes and touched her bra strap.

She claims he repeatedly asked her to accompany him to Bondi, where he lived, with “the clear implication that such a visit would be for the purpose of sexual intercourse”.

Ms Fraser-Kirk said she made it clear that his attention and conduct were unwelcome, attempting to use distracting banter to deflect the allegedly sexually suggestive conversation. She also pulled away when he grabbed her, she added.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Her statement of claim reveals Mr McInnes allegedly made no effort to conceal his conduct from other employees - two of whom have allegedly confirmed they witnessed the conduct.

Ms Fraser-Kirk lists three other examples of sexual misconduct by Mr McInnes allegedly involving other employees.

She is suing Mr McInnes for $2 million punitive damages and the David Jones board for $35 million punitive damages. If she wins, it would be the first time punitive damages would be awarded for sexual harassment and misconduct in the workplace.

Ms Fraser-Kirk would donate any punitive damages to a charity.

She claims she suffered offence, humiliation, distress and anxiety and damage to her personal and professional reputation.

David Jones said that both the retail giant and its company directors would be defending the claims "vigorously.''

"On June 18 the company announced the mutual termination of Mr McInnes,'' the company said in a statement to the stock exchange.

"In view of the court matter it is inappropriate for the company to make any further comment on this matter,'' said the statement.

A spokesperson for Mr McInnes, who is believed to be still overseas, said a brief: "No comment.''

He was last seen in Phoenix, Arizona reportedly undergoing rehab.

Ms Fraser-Kirk says in her statement of claim that any punitive damages will be paid to charity of her choice which helps people in the area of sexual harassment and bullying.

The damages have been based on five per cent of DJs profts generated by the store chain while Mr McInnes was CEO between 2003 and this year, and on five per cent of his personal remuneration and benefits for the same period.

Anyone think she has a cahnce

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think she is hot, and i would definately do her.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think she is hot, and i would definately do her.
I think if she read this she'd sue the Kennel for $450 billion trillion dollars.

How to set yourself up for life in 7 easy steps:
1. Get position in multi million dollar company.
2. Get cosy with the management and draw their attention.
3. Attend various functions with said management.
4. Flirt a little, play a little, but never let others see and don't go too far.
5. Put up with the reciprication from management a bit.
6. When it gets too serious scream/cry/resign and hire a lawyer.
7. Live on your profits.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think if she read this she'd sue the Kennel for $450 billion trillion dollars.

How to set yourself up for life in 7 easy steps:
1. Get position in multi million dollar company.
2. Get cosy with the management and draw their attention.
3. Attend various functions with said management.
4. Flirt a little, play a little, but never let others see and don't go too far.
5. Put up with the reciprication from management a bit.
6. When it gets too serious scream/cry/resign and hire a lawyer.
7. Live on your profits.

She is suing Mr McInnes for $2 million punitive damages and the David Jones board for $35 million punitive damages. If she wins, it would be the first time punitive damages would be awarded for sexual harassment and misconduct in the workplace.

Ms Fraser-Kirk would donate any punitive damages to a charity.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
"She is suing Mr McInnes for $2 million punitive damages and the David Jones board for $35 million punitive damages. If she wins, it would be the first time punitive damages would be awarded for sexual harassment and misconduct in the workplace.

Ms Fraser-Kirk would donate any punitive damages to a charity. "

hahaha .. it's because no one has EVER won a punitive damages case for sexual harassment/workplace misconduct before. So she's saying "If I happen to fluke and win the $2million then I'll donate that to a charity".

If it's about principle how about she donates all but say $100,000 to charity, and use the other $100k as lost earnings.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Bullshiit she'll give it all to charity.

The guys on Mad Men would probably be up for a couple of billion in payouts in todays world lol

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How the **** does she expect a bit of sexual harassment to cost 37 Mil? It would open a can of worms if she won.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow $37 million. The guy didnt even get to root her from the sounds of it either....

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I cant put my finger on it ... but I'm certain I know her from somewhere.

... I'll figure it out soon enough ...

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I've traced her dox .... where she lives, her phone, her parents address.

Media are f*cking stoopid.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
37 million. The Brown and Goldman families got 33.5 from OJ, well they were supposed to, don't think they ever did

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
If it is that easy to make millions of dollars, I hope somenone starts hitting on me at work.

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
frankly I'd just be glad for the attention..........

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Won't get $37 million. It is all about publicity. Claim filed + was reported when DJ's had launched their spring range. Will probably end up settling out of court for a few million.

+1 to her legal team.

The Beer Baron

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the designer who said that she wished that it was her !!! WTF

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
What about the designer who said that she wished that it was her !!! WTF
Alannah Hill? Dude, have you seen how fugly the whore is? Of course she'd want ANYONE or ANYTHING to touch her. I wouldn't even touch that thing with a 10 ft pole!

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a charity for women who need to harden the **** up?..

Status
Not open for further replies.