3/4 of the Spine Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1 Mbye ......Time for him to get a shot at fullback
6 Cleeland...Has been the form 5/8in in regies for 2 years.
7 Foran.......Playing at halfback would protect him from injuries (more organizing less running)
9 Lichaa .....Should be allowed to play his natural game (no excuses if he fails)
14 Brown.....The perfect utility, Hooker halfback or five eight
The rest...Time will tell ???

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going by Reports today, its looking very promising.

1. Mbye
6. Foran
7? Cleeland, Frawley, Brown?
9. Lichaa

Our spine would well and truly be sorted if we could afford Cronk somehow.
One player is stopping that from happening, Eastwood. Though it's not his fault he'll be on $800k, about the same as Cronk..FMD!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I doubt Pay would of kept Cleeland to play in the reggies

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran can barely run, so for mine we really need someone alongside him with some footwork and pace. Cleeland or Mbye would have to be that player, but if Mbye is playing fullback then i guess it goes to Cleeland. Still doesn't solve our long kicking game though.
Keep saying wait until March before you write him off as a running half. He has been busted for most of past couple of years due to poor injury management by the Eels and Warriors. He is already getting himself together and with 4 months until kick off I expect him to be the foran of old for us.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Keep saying wait until March before you write him off as a running half. He has been busted for most of past couple of years due to poor injury management by the Eels and Warriors. He is already getting himself together and with 4 months until kick off I expect him to be the foran of old for us.
Just lol.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Can't see it but will be pleased to be proven wrong.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran MUST wear the 7.
He won't. That said I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same thing they did at the Warriors. Johnson controlled the game around the middle with kicking while Foran played the traditional halfback role at first receiver while wearing the 6.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
For how many rounds?

My only real concern is what the coach will do. At the Warriors they babied him. He was struggling so they played him at first receiver without letting him actually control the game 'cause they knew he couldn't run or kick. Hence why the Warriors bombed. That and other reasons.

If he plays well then I'll be cheering. If he's struggling to get through each game then the coach should cop his losses. Tell Foran to spend the year fixing any injuries he has and work on a new structure. Don't try to adapt the team to make a struggling half feel comfortable. We've had enough of that with Hasler.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He won't. That said I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same thing they did at the Warriors. Johnson controlled the game around the middle with kicking while Foran played the traditional halfback role at first receiver while wearing the 6.
Then he's a pussy.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
For how many rounds?

My only real concern is what the coach will do. At the Warriors they babied him. He was struggling so they played him at first receiver without letting him actually control the game 'cause they knew he couldn't run or kick. Hence why the Warriors bombed. That and other reasons.

If he plays well then I'll be cheering. If he's struggling to get through each game then the coach should cop his losses. Tell Foran to spend the year fixing any injuries he has and work on a new structure. Don't try to adapt the team to make a struggling half feel comfortable. We've had enough of that with Hasler.
I expect him to be playing well from the moment he steps on the field. Sure, it will take a little time for the team to gel but there is no reason to not expect to see him run, set up plays and do the tactical kicking. I think if our medical staff are worth the money we probably pay them then he should be in pretty good shape from the get go and stay that way. You can't guarantee any player won't pick up an injury but as long as it is not just a recurrence of one of his old ones then he should be good.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Foran is getting his body right and will be great for us,people have short memories his straight running was dynamic at the eels and even in the first few games for warriors he killed it

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still have grave concerns about our kicking game. Cleeland is an excellent ball runner and ball player but his kicking game is atrocious. Forans kicking game is not that strong strong . Based on this I feel that we need to partner Foran with Frawley or young Kerighran at 7. Those 2 have the best kicking games at the club and we can't afford another season with a poor kicking game. Why we are not moving heaven and earth to sign someone available , like Cronk or Pearce is beyond me. Surely we could move someone else on and free up the cash.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I expect him to be playing well from the moment he steps on the field. Sure, it will take a little time for the team to gel but there is no reason to not expect to see him run, set up plays and do the tactical kicking. I think if our medical staff are worth the money we probably pay them then he should be in pretty good shape from the get go and stay that way. You can't guarantee any player won't pick up an injury but as long as it is not just a recurrence of one of his old ones then he should be good.
Agreed. He should be firing from the get go. If we're 5 rounds in and he hasn't shown anything yet then he needs to go play park footy. I'm hoping he does fire though.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Serious? That's a shame. He has real flair. Decently sized too
He had a massive blow up at the end of last year after he played a few NSW Cup games and then was moved back to Under 20’s. He was off contract at the end of 2017 and not re-signed.

SYRIAN_WARRIOR

Waterboy
Reaction score
Foran should be 7
brown utility
cleeland 5/8
Frawley is not a 5/8-he cant pass the ball to someones chest

Status
Not open for further replies.