Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Same deal with Props.

You can vote multiple - but no more than two please. There will be a separate poll for Loose forward.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
morley and hindmarsh, was tossing up between tallis and morley

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah its a toughie.

Hindmarsh is a definite. The second one is hard. Morely dominated for probably the most extended period. Wattmough has hit the scene from 2005 and onwards. Tallis retired in 2004. Stewart prob the past 3 years. And as much as i hate to say it, but 24 tests and 15 Origins speak alot for Ma$on

luke

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
hindmarsh a definite through longevity alone then ii gets tougher but tallis purely on abilty and toughness

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stewart and Bobcat dont deserve to be on the list.
I based most of my choices on test honours, awards they have won etc etc. And also to give a little more choice and just more options really.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Morley was a prop, was he not?

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
AR in his glory years back in 02 till 05
alot of people forget how much quality he brought in 04 scored a bagful of tries
I've always thought tallis was a grub/dirty player never rated him that highly id say AR then hindy

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Hindy & Tallis (his half a decade was good enough for me)

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
let;s not beat around the bush, of that list willie mason must be right up there. top two for sure. represented nsw and australia. won a premiership and got the clive churchill medal. He's gotta be in the top two

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
let;s not beat around the bush, of that list willie mason must be right up there. top two for sure. represented nsw and australia. won a premiership and got the clive churchill medal. He's gotta be in the top two
Yes he's been good, but you have rocks in your head if you think he's been more consistent than Hindmarsh and Tallis over the last decade, or even Craig Fitzgibbon. Consistency is the number one factor of all this.

These three players have never had the problem of being dropped to park footy because of their inconsistencies. Mason was good for half of 2008, and became mediocre as medicine balls after that. It was justified alone in the fact nobody wanted him from the Roosters a month ago.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes he's been good, but you have rocks in your head if you think he's been more consistent than Hindmarsh and Tallis over the last decade, or even Craig Fitzgibbon. Consistency is the number one factor of all this.

These three players have never had the problem of being dropped to park footy because of their inconsistencies. Mason was good for half of 2008, and became mediocre as medicine balls after that. It was justified alone in the fact nobody wanted him from the Roosters a month ago.
He ended up with a club.. how did no one want him? So since 2008 he hasn't been that effective.... does this disqualify him? Fitzy wasn't that good for the roosters in the past couple of years either.

At his peak he was devastating. And the occurred for most of the naughties, much to the benefit of Canterbury, NSW and Australia. He was an integral part of the Bulldogs packs that dominated in the naughties. That can't be denied. This culminated in his brilliant performance in the 2004 gf. If you actually look at what he has achieved over his career, it is right up there with any of the guys on the list.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He ended up with a club.. how did no one want him? So since 2008 he hasn't been that effective.... does this disqualify him? Fitzy wasn't that good for the roosters in the past couple of years either.

At his peak he was devastating. And the occurred for most of the naughties, much to the benefit of Canterbury, NSW and Australia. He was an integral part of the Bulldogs packs that dominated in the naughties. That can't be denied. This culminated in his brilliant performance in the 2004 gf. If you actually look at what he has achieved over his career, it is right up there with any of the guys on the list.
Fair call, but Yes to the bold.

I think when you're going to give someone title of the decade - they can't have dropped in form for such a period.

I also don't think he is a better choice than Hindy or Tallis.

D

dogs_4 lyf

Tallis and Mason.

On form they were the most destructive Second Rowers I have ever seen.

If SBW had two more years in the NRL he would win this award by a country mile.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair call, but Yes to the bold.

I think when you're going to give someone title of the decade - they can't have dropped in form for such a period.

I also don't think he is a better choice than Hindy or Tallis.
Yeah but tallis hasn't played for the whole decade. tallis finished up in 2004. He hasn't even played most of the decade.

When I say Willie's dropped off form, I mean he was still a useful player. Not many players can hold the form he was in earlier over a whole career.

I still think he's should be top two by anyone's estimation. Tallis didn't hang around in the naughties long enuff for mine. And if you take an honest look back at the decade, you would have to agree that Mason dominated large portions of it. And if you look at their rep stats, you'll see that Mason has more Kangaroo caps and just as many Origin appearances. Gordy also doesn't have a clive churchill medal. So Mason compares pretty well against Tallis.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah but tallis hasn't played for the whole decade. tallis finished up in 2004. He hasn't even played most of the decade.

When I say Willie's dropped off form, I mean he was still a useful player. Not many players can hold the form he was in earlier over a whole career.

I still think he's should be top two by anyone's estimation. Tallis didn't hang around in the naughties long enuff for mine. And if you take an honest look back at the decade, you would have to agree that Mason dominated large portions of it.
To be politically correct he played half the decade.

And I found it hard with Mason. I completely agree with you. He had some devestating years. 2001 - 2008 (exclude 2005 for the injury) and he was always in the frame for Origin and the AUS tour at the end of the season. He is in my top 3 - Hindmarsh is 1 and im finding it hard to distinguish between Tallis/Mason

Status
Not open for further replies.