25 years ago to the day

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That 1995 team doesn’t really get the credit it deserves. The Broncos, Raiders and Sea Eagles were in their absolute prime and to knock them over in successive weeks is probably the toughest run a team will ever have to win the comp.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That 1995 team doesn’t really get the credit it deserves. The Broncos, Raiders and Sea Eagles were in their absolute prime and to knock them over in successive weeks is probably the toughest run a team will ever have to win the comp.
What a fantastic team we had,great memories
they were tough with a win at all cost mentality

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

we were up there with those teams during the mid 90’s

93 minor premiers
94 minor premiers and grand final appearance

95 we win it

97 semis

98 grand final appearance

99 one game away from Gf

Last edited:

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Loved the commentary to the lead up of the Pricey try. Dymock....Dymock....

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And a special mention to the first game against the dragons which was probably the toughest in wet conditions and to recover from that and beat the three best teams to collect the last ever Winfield cup was just magic. That 95 premiership was the best out of all our premierships.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
How proude did you feel supporting this club back then?

Today?....hmmmm
I watched the game from a motel room in Yalata, near Uluru. Drove all around the Northern Territory with blue and white streamers, and a Bulldogs flag on the FWD. They though I was a local, because the colours were the same as the North Alice football team.

To top it off, Carlton won the GF that week too.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The headlines the next day were all about how Manly was robbed. Fulton was fuming over a seven tackle set that led to one of our tries.
He, and the media, conveniently forgot that we also had a genuine try disallowed; the score should have been 6 points more to the Dogs.
Manly were never in the game, but the media loves a controversy - and Manly were the Roosters of that era.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
And a special mention to the first game against the dragons which was probably the toughest in wet conditions and to recover from that and beat the three best teams to collect the last ever Winfield cup was just magic. That 95 premiership was the best out of all our premierships.
Yeah that game against the Dragons was a war. I didn’t mention them with the other three because they have been our bitches for close to 40 years now haha.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was a great win, but I still hold 2004 dear to my heart because it gave fans something to celebrate after the 2002 salary cap issue and the Coffs controversy. The win made all that fade away.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What impresses me so much from those days is...yeah everyone knew how tough and uncompromising our forward pack was
..but the passing skills and positional awareness of most of those guys was awesome.

The game has evolved but if we could take parts of that skill and gameplan into 2021, no question we would be vying, at least, for Top 8.