2024 starting 17 .... who's in your team?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Two fullbacks, great idea, both pretty new, both going to be targeted in kick defense and high ball, who's the fastest and who is the craziest at grabbing a forwards collar and pulling them down?
So many new names the competition at the club will be good.

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Late Mail 2 - Kiraz is out as he flared up his back injury during captains’ run. Impeccable timing as Addo-Car returns from mens business and looks fit. Jury still out on how Xerri will serve his apprenticeship and now more confusion reigns as he swaps sides. Atleast he has a good mentor on that side. After a massive off season Hughes starts relegating Knight to the bench to save some punch for Ron, or maybe Karen (she sounds like JT).

Promoting Curren to the starting squad sees Rocket Man Morrin appear from under the mirrored yeah nahh yeah smoky bolter section 17 curtain . The experiment at lock for Preston was short lived. He returns to his favourite position relegating RFM to Morrins spot if he can find it. Once he does, rumour suggests RFM has one job. Grab the notebook from Salmon and take notes when Rocket Man is on the launch pad and blasts onto the paddock. The controversial selection at 5/8 seems more a defensive decision. Dare I say it ‘on-paper’ if fit, looks like this team wont be leaking points like last year. In attack there are many possibilities so Sextons ability to manage the team will be important.

Ultimately I dont think I really care about who plays where I just wanna see some decent footy. Fingers toes and everything else crossed we get fairly ref’d (yeah right) and decent games with players giving it abit more than just a nudge.

1. Tracey
5. Xerri
3. Steven
4. Burton
18. Fox
6. Salmon
7. Sexton
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Hughes
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Curren

14. Knight
15. Mann
16. Morrin
17. RFM/Turpin/Hutchinson/Taffe/Sutton/Edwards/smoky bolter.

Last edited:

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Like bottom 4 even wooden spoon weak

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Like bottom 4 even wooden spoon weak
Ricky has been to yeah nah smoky bolter mirrored curtains school. Maybe abit early to call but I'll throw an underperformer for this year and I rekon maybe souths. Im interested to see how they return after last years dramas.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Seen Canberra fans putting together their strongest 17 for raiders and got to say. Their team is weeeak asf!
They need to take the rookie route while their experienced forwards are still around.
1. Stewart
2. Cotric / Rapana / Hopoate / Schiller
3. Timiko
4. Kris
5. Savage
6. Strange
7. Fogarty
8. Tapine
9. Trevilyan
10. Horsburgh
11. Hosking
12. Young
13. Puru

14. Woolford / Starling
15. Whitehead
16. Papalii
17. Smithies

18. Guler
19. Mariota
20. Mooney

Without bias this team is better than ours, because Raiders have a excellent forward pack. Their centre pairing is great also, they just lack experience in spine.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They need to take the rookie route while their experienced forwards are still around.
1. Stewart
3. Timiko
4. Kris
5. Savage
6. Strange
7. Fogarty
8. Tapine
9. Trevilyan
10. Horsburgh
11. Hosking
12. Young
13. Puru

14. Woolford / Starling
15. Whitehead
16. Papalii
17. Smithies

18. Guler
19. Mariota
20. Mooney

Without bias this team is better than ours, because Raiders have a excellent forward pack. Their centre pairing is great also, they just lack experience in spine.
Their forwards are the only good thing about them the rest is average

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you please provide your reasonable and articulatable explanation on your hypothesis

And keep it factual
Beast forward pack would steamroll us all night (tapine, pap, horsbragh, young etc). Prove halfback can capitalise from the forwards dominance and feed there outside backs who have agility and speed to bun

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Stewart
3. Timiko
4. Kris
5. Savage
6. Strange
7. Fogarty
8. Tapine
9. Trevilyan
10. Horsburgh
11. Hosking
12. Young
13. Puru

14. Woolford / Starling
15. Whitehead
16. Papalii
17. Smithies

18. Guler
19. Mariota
20. Mooney

we need to do a double swoop and offer decent $$ to both Mooney and Mariota.. doesn't matter if they are under contract, every one is available if the Manager agitates enough... 2 x young middles under 25yo who have massive up side... they both cannot play another year of reserve grade, they are NRL ready.. T.May, Mariota and Mooney.. now we're talking.. and keep $$ available for a big name alpha middle 25-26..

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we need to do a double swoop and offer decent $$ to both Mooney and Mariota.. doesn't matter if they are under contract, every one is available if the Manager agitates enough... 2 x young middles under 25yo who have massive up side... they both cannot play another year of reserve grade, they are NRL ready.. T.May, Mariota and Mooney.. now we're talking.. and keep $$ available for a big name alpha middle 25-26..
Looking at what our squad makeup looks like. I would assume every attempt possible has been made to lure some of these fringe middles from other clubs. When players are contracted it’s not that simple to manufacture deals.

It would seem however we haven’t had any success. With the clubs narrative being staunch in publicly backing the players we currently have. Not only are they our only options.

They don’t want to dent whatever confidence they have by suggesting the club is searching for their replacements. If they actually signed one that is a different story. Until that happens we need to put our faith in the current roster.

That will always be the clubs line.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Just be happy with incremental improvement around halves decision making. Critta is going to instantly shore up the defense on that edge if he plays centre. Someone needs to lock down the fullback role and generate a minimum of 4-6 points a match for us.

Prop rotations are a bit light but we’ll make do and try to compete and make up for it with our backline.

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just be happy with incremental improvement around halves decision making. Critta is going to instantly shore up the defense on that edge if he plays centre. Someone needs to lock down the fullback role and generate a minimum of 4-6 points a match for us.

Prop rotations are a bit light but we’ll make do and try to compete and make up for it with our backline.
...but my 'sauce' said the bulldogs pretty much will field a backline that will 'fail to strike fear in opposition teams' Reliable too, think it was hienz or maybe spc or maybe one of those other reliable manufacturers.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This bloke poo poo's the dogs, and I'm pretty sure he says something about your mum, but I can't be sure

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
This bloke poo poo's the dogs, and I'm pretty sure he says something about your mum, but I can't be sure

My critique;
First one up, Capewell - rated B- - lost me already, the Donkeys will regret letting him go.

RTS - rated A - playing at centre, he's only 30 dipstick.

Curran - rated B- - the reason you "haven't seen him putting it together on a constant basis" is you haven't watched him play enough, the watching is what's inconsistent not the playing.

Fainu - B+ - Tigers paid way overs, he's only 18 fool.

Sele - rated B - same as Curran, yep sure

Cogger - rated C - below Hastings, really

Farnworth - rated A+ but the screen shows B+, how about you do some checking before you publish fool

Alamoti - rated B+ - replacement for Crighton, what planet are you on

Lenui - rated A+ - just because he's going to the Roosters, words fail me

Tip, buy a microphone stand, the always waving mic at the bottom on the screen is below amateurish

Always a Bulldog

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Mahoney not fit for 80 mins. Turpin might be a decent back up at 14.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curran - rated B- - the reason you "haven't seen him putting it together on a constant basis" is you haven't watched him play enough, the watching is what's inconsistent not the playing.
A lot of ur critiques are poor but this one stands out. Curran even admitted himself that he was v poor last yr and has been pretty inconsistent throughout his career