2024 starting 17 .... who's in your team?

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Let's start here, "whole", means "all of", hence you think all of the backline is more risky. Interesting.

As previously posted and you agree that we all guessing who will be selected and then where they will actually play. In which case you are doing a risk assessment based on guesses. Now that's risky.

Maybe we should do the risk assessment player by player;
Taafe, less risk than Perham.
Crichton, absolutely less risk than Averillo.
Burton, Kiraz and JAC, same as last year.
Xerri, hard to say, maybe more or less risky than Alamoti
Sexton, less risk than Flanagan, surely.

Should I include the 2nd rowers, they hang around in the backline?
Preston less risk than last year, we took a big chance on him and it paid off, no risk this year.
Kikau, well there is always an injury risk, but that aside same as last year.

Based on the above;
4 = same as last year
4 = less risk than last year
1 = hard to say (Alamoti versus Xerri)

As a whole my assessment is we have far less risk than last year.

Always a Bulldog
You're confusing risk with ability. Interesting.

Signing Crichton to 850K to play a position he has never played is a big risk. Playing Averillo at centre is nowhere near as big of a risk as there is a lot less to lose, hes not on such a large contract.

Signing Bronson Xerri is a risk. Playing Alamoti at centre on a relatively small wage is not a risk.

Our backline this comes with better ability, but also more risk.

I also never mentioned second rowers as risk, i said the backline.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Signing Crichton to 850K to play a position he has never played is a big risk. Playing Averillo at centre is nowhere near as big of a risk as there is a lot less to lose, hes not on such a large contract.

Signing Bronson Xerri is a risk. Playing Alamoti at centre on a relatively small wage is not a risk.

Fmd critter is not on $850k and he has played alot off fullback and excelled then when playing at penrith
Stop talking uneducated bullshit

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm sorry you're right he's coming for $4.50 where he played fullback for Panthers for 5 years straight. How could I miss all that.
This is the reason why this site has gone to the shit and there are very few posters

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
This is the reason why this site has gone to the shit and there are very few posters
850k might as well be 825k. That's the reported amount and no one on these forums has better information. You don't have to believe it but you can't be going around saying it's something else either.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How scary hoa light on props we are gus really needs to make jason t happen

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Critta will be fullback
Not sure why he wouldn’t get a go in his favourite position with a full pre season there.

BT is serviceable but the best teams have X Factor at the back. Critta should get first crack end of story

Hutchinson will probably be halfback

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Critta will be fullback
Not sure why he wouldn’t get a go in his favourite position with a full pre season there.

BT is serviceable but the best teams have X Factor at the back. Critta should get first crack end of story

Hutchinson will probably be halfback
Who gives a shit what his favourite position is, this isn't under 12s lol. However he was bought to play fullback and he will play fullback and I can't believe we're even having this debate on here anymore. First TK attacked me when I said I didn't rate him as an elite fullback and that it was a massive risk yet now they've now flip flopped too him being a centre because we signed Blake fucking Taaffe to play fullback lmao.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who gives a shit what his favourite position is, this isn't under 12s lol. However he was bought to play fullback and he will play fullback and I can't believe we're even having this debate on here anymore. First TK attacked me when I said I didn't rate him as an elite fullback and that it was a massive risk yet now they've now flip flopped too him being a centre because we signed Blake fucking Taaffe to play fullback lmao.
But you agree that Taaffe was bought, at least in part as an insurance policy if Crichton doesn't work out in the 1?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
But you agree that Taaffe was bought, at least in part as an insurance policy if Crichton doesn't work out in the 1?
Sure although I think he's more likely to play in the halves than at fullback for us.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Critta
2. Wilson/Skelton
3. KIraz
4. Xerri
5. Fox
6. Burton
7. Sexton
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Knight
11. Preston
12. Kikau
13. Curran

14. Mann
15. Hutchinson
16. Patolo
17. Faamausili/Hughes/Booth
18. Taaffe
The Bulldogs have updated their team page with the new signings. They have also included prop Zac Montgomery which is interesting. He came with Preston from the Roosters 2022 Jesey Flegg minor premiers. I hope he is as good as Preston but just needs time to develop.

The team update also has Kitione Kautoga who is now 109kg up from 107kg. So he's similar to Patolo now.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You don’t add much yourself these days. Just whinging. No sense of humour or anything. And for all the ‘you are uneducated’ comments you point out to other users you sure say a lot of superficial insight. Not wrong per se, but lack depth
If it wasn’t for your ex teammate being on the doggs coaching staff which gave you some credible oil you’d literally be the biggest Karen/pain/valueless poster on the site. Worse than this @Squirtlevstar bloke who at least is trying to make ppl smile if nothing else

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not not sure what your point is, there is not much risk when the player has unquestioned ability.

Crichton’s contract is similar value to any of the other elite centres in the NRL, Manu, Holmes, Farnworth, Staggs, Best etc. Are you suggesting that Averillo was better (less risk) at centre than fullback? Interesting.

Do you really think that Xerri is not on “a small wage”? Interesting.

If the risk is not their ability then what is it? In total they have more NRL games experience, more NRL Finals experience, more representative experience, etc plainly there’s no risk in backline experience. They come from winning teams with winning cultures, plainly there’s no risk there either. Their on field performance is well proven. Compared to last season, far less risk by any measure.

I included them for completeness as they spend most of their time playing in the backline, both in attack and defence.

It matters not, it doesn’t change the fact that on any measure, attitude, ability, experience, proven record etc we have far less risk in our backline than last year.

Always a Bulldog

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
850k might as well be 825k. That's the reported amount and no one on these forums has better information. You don't have to believe it but you can't be going around saying it's something else either.
I know for a fact it isnt

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m not not sure what your point is, there is not much risk when the player has unquestioned ability.

Crichton’s contract is similar value to any of the other elite centres in the NRL, Manu, Holmes, Farnworth, Staggs, Best etc. Are you suggesting that Averillo was better (less risk) at centre than fullback? Interesting.

Do you really think that Xerri is not on “a small wage”? Interesting.

If the risk is not their ability then what is it? In total they have more NRL games experience, more NRL Finals experience, more representative experience, etc plainly there’s no risk in backline experience. They come from winning teams with winning cultures, plainly there’s no risk there either. Their on field performance is well proven. Compared to last season, far less risk by any measure.

I included them for completeness as they spend most of their time playing in the backline, both in attack and defence.

It matters not, it doesn’t change the fact that on any measure, attitude, ability, experience, proven record etc we have far less risk in our backline than last year.

Always a Bulldog
Mate you're way too pedantic for a post on a club forum. Pretty obvious what I meant that our backline has risk, if you can't see that then that's on you. I think you need to chill out.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The groundsmen from belmore said he seen xeri training at 6. Not sure if bullshit .. anyone know if Xeri ever played in halves ?