2024 Round 3 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Donkeys with their 1/2 and (on field) coach not playing are very average. They also suffered from loosing Flegler, Capewell and Farnworth, in particular their LHS defence was beyond atrocious. They have very little depth past 17, any long term injuries to the starting 13 is going to debilitate them.

Always a Bulldog
Fair, but take Haas, Reynolds and Reece Walsh out of any side and they will struggle. As you say one of them is their 7 and onfield coach and the other 2 are arguably the best in thier respectiive positions in the comp.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Fair, but take Haas, Reynolds and Reece Walsh out of any side and they will struggle. As you say one of them is their 7 and onfield coach and the other 2 are arguably the best in thier respectiive posistions in the comp.
Penrith were also without their best prop.

Always a Bulldog

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bro, players dont care and East only have 50 fans. Dogs Parra is a much bigger rivalry
I’ll never forget the massive crowd for the semifinal a few years back, (more like 8 actually). Iirc it was over 70k and broke the record for a semifinal crowd. This was when both teams were going well obviously, but it just shows that the NRL is better off when that’s the case because both clubs have massive support.

Sadly we lost that game, but we still have 98.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all this uproar regarding the head clash of May and Walsh. Where was the uproar last week when we lost Fa’amausili in the first tackle to a head clash with McInnes?
No one cares, except us. 1) It was Bulldogs and 2) Wtf is Poasa?

It’s just like the Kikau try we were denied that was later said to be the wrong call. I haven’t seen any mention of it besides TK. This is the problem when you’ve been a cellar dweller for so long. People just brush off all the shit that goes against you.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also injury, Walsh will be out for 6 weeks min. Poassa should be right next week?
I haven’t heard re: Poasa, but he got a similar cut to Walsh (upper cheek) but a lot less severe (maybe half or less of the length). Could still have gotten a fracture but hopefully not as we can’t afford to lose any potential props.

I couldn’t believe the penalty, report and explanation for the hit on Walsh. It was like what they call a ‘shirt front’ in the AFL, where May rushed up to put him off, then braced for imapct and they both ran into each other’s face. I guess in that sense it was a breach of duty of care, but it was hilarious how they said it was because he didn’t bend.

Poasa’s was different in that it was a standard tackle off a kickoff by several players. At any rate it would be farcical to expect or mandate players having to bend over when making a tackle. We already see plenty get knocked out from having their head in the wrong place when attempting a tackle bent over.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You don't wish injuries on other players but this will help. I don't care how we get the points, even if it's means playing under strength teams due to injuries or origin. Last couple of years we've been unlucky with injuries too.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair, but take Haas, Reynolds and Reece Walsh out of any side and they will struggle. As you say one of them is their 7 and onfield coach and the other 2 are arguably the best in thier respectiive posistions in the comp.
One thing Penrith do better than anyone else is once they find a weakness in the opposition they can quickly adapt mid game. It's one thing to see a weakness it's another to exploit it for all it's worth.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't be writing off the Broncs yet..had to shift an inexperienced first grade 2nd rower to play 75 minutes at left centre.
Losing Walsh for say the next month isn't ideal however, assuming Cobbo stays at fb a question is who plays centre for this period? Has Mariner played a few games there not sure he has? And then Oates to his wing .. i'm not aware of other options.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't be writing off the Broncs yet..had to shift an inexperienced first grade 2nd rower to play 75 minutes at left centre.
Losing Walsh for say the next month isn't ideal however, assuming Cobbo stays at fb a question is who plays centre for this period? Has Mariner played a few games there not sure he has? And then Oates to his wing .. i'm not aware of other options.
Adam Reynolds is key. If he doesn't play, Broncos won't match it with Panthers.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sailor is the most logical option

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One thing Penrith do better than anyone else is once they find a weakness in the opposition they can quickly adapt mid game. It's one thing to see a weakness it's another to exploit it for all it's worth.
Not having those 3 playing is a weaknes that anyone could see. They also have the best 7 in the game who is nowhere near his peak yet.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cannot wait for the pre-match wankfest on the game tonight. “The book of feuds”

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
With Dylan Walker out now i really want to tip Canberra... But warriors at home

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Dylan Walker out now i really want to tip Canberra... But warriors at home
Also Egan out again and whitehead back for raiders, was leaning towards warriors at home but raiders forwards are in form could cause an upset so hoping raiders get a win only for my tipping.