2024 Round 0 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The blokes a genius. First sport back from Covid, world wide I believe. Now this, I just wish he’d stay forever. I’m sure people will still say otherwise
I made a thread on this misc (bodybuilding forum) during the week full of 20-40 year old men and updated it constantly and only two Americans watched it.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thankfully this is not one of our players caught in this incident. Imagine if it was a Bulldog player in Vegas let alone a regular season game, we would be relentlessly attacked in the media. If I was Ciraldo, I'd be mentioning this incident in a team meeting, drawing a line in the sand of what is appropriate behaviour. We do not need to get caught in a media storm over something like this.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thankfully this is not one of our players caught in this incident. Imagine if it was a Bulldog player in Vegas let alone a regular season game, we would be relentlessly attacked in the media. If I was Ciraldo, I'd be mentioning this incident in a team meeting, drawing a line in the sand of what is appropriate behaviour. We do not need to get caught in a media storm over something like this.

Media wants the game to be successful in the US, would be better to wait until the NRL investigates and concludes.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I made a thread on this misc (bodybuilding forum) during the week full of 20-40 year old men and updated it constantly and only two Americans watched it.
I really don’t understand what I just read. What do u mean?

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck racism! and it’s unacceptable for sure but fuck me, if he was “in tears” over being called a name then what the fuck has the world come too?

Call me whatever you want and I may not like it, may even want to fight you over it… but cry about it?
Fucking soft. I wouldn’t let my kids see me be so fucking weak

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Is Terrell May eligble for NSW in Origin?

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck racism! and it’s unacceptable for sure but fuck me, if he was “in tears” over being called a name then what the fuck has the world come too?

Call me whatever you want and I may not like it, may even want to fight you over it… but cry about it?
Fucking soft. I wouldn’t let my kids see me be so fucking weak
Nah that’s old school thinking mate. You can’t behave like that anymore, whether u agree or not. It’s like teasing someone’s sexual preference. In today’s age, to say such things effectively in the workplace is beyond comprehension. Abuse is all the same whether it be physical or verbal.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah that’s old school thinking mate. You can’t behave like that anymore, whether u agree or not. It’s like teasing someone’s sexual preference. In today’s age, to say such things effectively in the workplace is beyond comprehension. Abuse is all the same whether it be physical or verbal.
And you have highlighted what’s wrong with the world today.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And you have highlighted what’s wrong with the world today.
Like it or not that’s the world. Whilst I agree with u, I see the other side. Some people just aren’t emotionally as strong as others. It affects them deeply. So it shouldn’t be condoned

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still seems like a really dumb thick thing to do, Mam took exception to it.

Just because the other dude is brown doesn't mean it's going to be well received. Mam could be a free thinker, he might not know Leniu on a personal level so does not expect that language.
Tbh, never heard of an islander being upset at another islander for using a slur. We are racist to one another all the time.
Mam is being a clown for being in tears for that. Doubt he follows through. A Polynesian using a ‘slur’ against a Melanesian is not the same as if someone else said it

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
They would take Roosters/south’s even if they were wooden spooners and ditto for Broncos. We’ve never been an attractive club, NRL doesn’t care if we are successful or not
I think Gus will get us there when he is ready. He has a close relationship with PVL.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I watched the 2004 highlights last night. I’ve been patient as we go through this period as I understand the plan but it’s still been way too long.
This is what I feel like might happen.

2024 = Improve big time from 2023 & set the foundation for the future.
2025 = Make the top 8.
2026 = Make the top 4.
2027 = Make the GF.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
This is what I feel like might happen.

2024 = Improve big time from 2023 & set the foundation for the future.
2025 = Make the top 8.
2026 = Make the top 4.
2027 = Make the GF.
I hope you are right. At the moment I’d be happy to just be better than last year which I think we should be this year.