Opinion 2024 is our year

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Top 4 baby!!! Burton short ball to Kikau or long pass to JAC!!

MachoMan

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don't know if you can use that as a soul guide to whether we will win the comp to be honest but I hope you are right but I don't think you are

Killara DogStat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fun fact boys 1974 the doggies lost to roosters, 1984 we won the prem, 1994 we lost, 2004 we won, 2014 we lost, 2024 is it our year?
Yes I have quoted thisa few times in the last 2 years!!!

Hope 2024 is our year.

1 year to go.

This year 2023 we have to make top 8 & we need a better halfback for 2024.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not sure how much we're going to threaten the premiership. But we'll be much improved this year IMO. If our young halves improve or some of the rookies emerge and fire, we might do better than most including myself hope. But expecting too much can really lead to frustration. I'm just hoping we're pushing for the 8 in the back half of the season to keep the game exciting. It's been too many years since we featured in the finals.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
They are not there to make up numbers, every year the Dogs go out thinking they can make the top four despite fuckwits trying to ruin our country.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's interesting how records and statistics and sporting feats repeat again and again. This is an amazing pattern of making the big dance each year ending in a 4 since 1974, winning it every 20 years. Yes we are due. Realistically circumstances ( and salary cap cheating) have worked against us the last 20 years. With 16 teams, one should make the big dance once every 8 years, if talent both in the playing and coaching ranks was spread evenly, which we know it never is. We have done this. Now our premiership window is showing signs of opening up again.
This coincidence is too obvious to dismiss. I urge every supporter to get on us for 2024 as soon as we can.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hate pouring cold water on ambitions. The biggest impediments to us winning the comp in the foreseeable future are the Sutton Brothers. Our win/loss record under both of them and Gerard in particular is deplorable. We have to find ways of winning games controlled by them in order to get to the GF, let alone win it. 3 wins out of the last 35 combined record speaks for itself.

Hopefully we can turn this around.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd say losing again in 24 and winning in 25 is a better bet.

Would be even better to be the first team to win from outside the top 4.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We are getting closer to becoming a top 4 team again. Thanks to Gus, many duds are gone. However, there are 5 of them left which are Waddell, Thompson, Okunbor, Averillo and Flanagan.
And all of those are on their last year of their contract are they not besides maybe Averillo? Can’t remember if we resigned him but for depth zero complaints if we did.

Paul Doolans mirror

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1 Crichton
2 Kiraz
3 xerri
4 skelton
5 addo carr
6 Burton
7 Moses
8 King
9 mahoney
10 pangai jr
11 kikau
12 faitala mariner
13 Sutton
14 perham
15 davey
16 pele
17 topine
Surely moses signs and we still need a prop to replace luke Thompson.Thats a top 4 side in my opinion.