Opinion 2024 Captain/leaders

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Given our current predicament, who we make Captain and who provides leadership for our younger players next year will be pivotal.

It appears RFM was a mistake, and Burton hasn’t really shown much either.

Do we stick with two Captains?

Sio Siua Taukeiaho I believe has Captained Tonga and could provide some good leadership qualities we so desperately need.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The pressure of being captain has affected Mahoney. You can't be captain and be leading the missed tackle count.

We need to try and get Finucanne back.

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Only young but has been our best player all year. Jacob Preston

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Given our current predicament, who we make Captain and who provides leadership for our younger players next year will be pivotal.

It appears RFM was a mistake, and Burton hasn’t really shown much either.

Do we stick with two Captains?

Sio Siua Taukeiaho I believe has Captained Tonga and could provide some good leadership qualities we so desperately need.
Nasheed here,
SST can’t make the Catalans team.
Let that sink in before you suggest he captains this club.
SST also said his body isn’t up to nrl.
Let that sink in too before you suggest he captains this club.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
SST can’t make the Catalans team.
Let that sink in before you suggest he captains this club.
SST also said his body isn’t up to nrl.
Let that sink in too before you suggest he captains this club.
I was actually just mentioning that his leadership could be valuable with the younger guys.. I really wish you would read posts properly, it’s a bad habit of yours..

• Haha
Reactions: 88

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The reality is we don't have any genuine leaders in the squad and no one has proven worthy of that honour with their form and effort.

The only one that comes close is Preston and he's a rookie so you can't give it to him.. We miss someone like Graham or Ennis so badly right now. They'd straighten out the rest of these bitches right away.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
The pressure of being captain has affected Mahoney. You can't be captain and be leading the missed tackle count.

We need to try and get Finucanne back.
Agree with Finucane but not the assumption Mahoney's captaincy has effected his game to miss tackles. Look how he defends, he is the 1st guy up and making intial contact on the majority of tackles. His rushing up is the main contributor, if his teammates come up as quick he couldn't be bump off as easily. Miss tackle stats are miss leading, he may miss 6 to 8 but 1 may lead to a try or line break. He is doing way to much and should be playing 65min not 80 doing what he does. My opinion anyways.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
SST’s hisy more broken than a 40 year old Russian man’s liver

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Too much pressure for Preston at a young age. I would give it to Mahoney solely as the damage is already done, can't just go handing the captaincy out to anyone as it can either make the club look weaker or impact a young kid who's not ready.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cant think of anyone else besides Mahoney. We don’t have a standout figure in the fowards neither do we have an experienced half Burto has to figure himself out first until then he isnt worthy of the role. Firmly against backs holding a captain role need someone in the action.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep the two captains. RFM needs to piss off. And he can take Sutton and Thompson with him.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The issue I’ve got is that Kikau spent all his rehab time in the coaches box… we all got told by CC he’s being groomed for leadership… and Kikau has been nothing short of horrendous since his return

last week… throwing poor passes, his horrible miss tackle rate…. Honestly, both he and Burton have not deserved even half their pay

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree with Finucane but not the assumption Mahoney's captaincy has effected his game to miss tackles. Look how he defends, he is the 1st guy up and making intial contact on the majority of tackles. His rushing up is the main contributor, if his teammates come up as quick he couldn't be bump off as easily. Miss tackle stats are miss leading, he may miss 6 to 8 but 1 may lead to a try or line break. He is doing way to much and should be playing 65min not 80 doing what he does. My opinion anyways.
Agree. I just feel like he's trying to do too much as the captain which is affecting his game.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have no leaders and clearly Reed and Burto are not ready and won’t be in 2024. I’m all out of ideas. They best keep it simple and have one captain.