2024 Bulldogs AGM

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hey TK.
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Thought I’d also share my experience from todays AGM which was well attended by members who were generously catered for by the club.

Commercial Operations
- As OP noted we are flying on this front. Aaron Warburton spoke well and must certainly be a tremendous commercial operator given the success in this area during a period where our on field product has been so poor. Great work commercial team. They’re either sublime at their work or our supporters are thick. One or the other, who cares, we’re doing great as a business.

Football Operations
-
Ronny Gould spoke bullishly about the state of our football operations and mentioned plenty of room in the cap over the next few years for us to strike. Spoke glowingly of the Flegg-Ball-HM cohort and of the work being done in our pathways program.
- Ciraldo appeared via a pre-recorded video link and was full of confidence. He’s a well spoken man but in my humble opinion exudes Trent Barrett characteristics. Plenty of show, jury is out on how much go he has about him in a head coaching capacity.

Board Formation
- Bit of a shake up with Driussi promoted to Chair. Driussi is a winner and has done plenty of winning in his life. Knows what success looks like. Knows how to win. Apparently has ties to opposing factions within the club so it will be interesting to see how things play out on this front between now and future meetings.

Members
- Great bunch of members in attendance who turned out in big numbers (bigger than the last few years anyway). Many still drunk from Thursdays impressive trial. I had to remind many that it was only a trial but we all generally agreed it was a nice start to the year. Some other key talking points were who will line up in the halves and I have to say the room was split between Hutchinson and Sexton to partner Burton. I also had the pleasure of meeting a few members who mentioned they had been recently banned from TK which was the only lowlight of the day. Both of these gentlemen (in the truest sense of the word) were knowledgeable (regaled Bulldogs facts and stories like no tomorrow), honourable and well presented. Both stopped short of revealing their usernames unfortunately so cannot give them a direct endorsement. Anyway, hopefully their bans are brief and they can hopefully be motivated to enlighten the wider Bulldogs community in a similar fashion to how they did with me today.

Conclusion
Great AGM. Everyone spoke well and I harbour hope that we could be on the right track yet again. Bring on season 2024. This year will be a significant indicator into the real health of the club.
Fuck off nasheed.
mods, ban.

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Watching all trials over the weekend (including Thursday night) one thing stood out to me.. That EVERY OTHER CLUB has an overflowing supply of quality and/or young middle forwards.. why is that and we don't? its actually now embarrassing...
There are so many young guys (warriors, cowboys, Tigers, Raiders) and even fringe/solid first graders (Sharks, Bunnies) that are surely attainable as they wont always get selected. For instance:
- Warriors: Tom Ale, Zyon Mai'u
- Raiders: Trey Mooney (I've mentioned him before we should offer him $500K+ a year), Peta Hola, Psami Saulo
- Sharks: Royce Hunt, Oregon Kaufusi
- Cowboys: How did we not have a crack at Thomas Makaele? he's cheap and was awesome yesterday.. Finefuaki we should offer him 700k a year for 4 years
- Tigers: Pole (i think he would be available with Seyfarth looking like their new 13.

it baffles me how we have absolutely nobody to bend the line back.. King, Knight, Hughes don't provide that.. and Knight was atrocious on Thursday
No Middles = NO SUCCESS

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Watching all trials over the weekend (including Thursday night) one thing stood out to me.. That EVERY OTHER CLUB has an overflowing supply of quality and/or young middle forwards.. why is that and we don't? its actually now embarrassing...
There are so many young guys (warriors, cowboys, Tigers, Raiders) and even fringe/solid first graders (Sharks, Bunnies) that are surely attainable as they wont always get selected. For instance:
- Raiders: Trey Mooney (I've mentioned him before we should offer him $500K+ a year), Peta Hola, Psami Saulo
- Cowboys: How did we not have a crack at Thomas Makaele? he's cheap and was awesome yesterday.. Finefuaki we should offer him 700k a year for 4 years
- Tigers: Pole (i think he would be available with Seyfarth looking like their new 13.

it baffles me how we have absolutely nobody to bend the line back.. King, Knight, Hughes don't provide that.. and Knight was atrocious on Thursday
No Middles = NO SUCCESS
You need to watch Trial 1 again, this time more closely, and watch FarmerSilly (65m, 26m Post Contact), King (102m, 39m Post Contact), Hughes (140m, 55m Post Contact), etc in limited minutes. Keep in mind that Penrith make most of their metres using the back 5, which we have plenty of quality competing for positions. Skelton (159/69), Xerri (161/57, game high), Samrani (101/51), Taaffe (110/20), Papalii (93/31) etc.

Let's see how they go in Trail 2, but I don't there was anyone not impressed with the middles (Props, Hookers and Locks) in Trial 1.

Always a Bulldog

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hughes was bloody awesome. Dunno what they’re smoking. K8ng was solid too. He’s a good worker, just doesn’t have the size to dominate. Poasa was a pleasant surprise too. He ran very aggressively and made an impact. Then you have some of the younger guys like Todd and Hopoi. Is Afualo a forward? He looks pretty big. Knight can be ok when he is focused and we didn’t see Sutton or Patolo.

In no way do I think we are well equipped in the forwards, but I am less worried after seeing the trial. I did also notice there seemingly being a lot of good young players for other teams, but as I said, was just as impressed by several of our young guys.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fantastic news from a club that is going from strength to strength.

As a fan it's finally the stability and push we've been wanting from the club.

Adam's appointment in an IT centric data analytics area will be invaluable both in house, as well as steering the club towards more IT centred sponsorship!

Warbo and Gould have been brilliant additions to the club, and from our first trial game, looks like our new coaching lineup have made MASSIVE changes to the defensive structures. Even JAC and BBO have improved their defence.

Might finally be up for an exciting year.

After watching us play the other night would really like to see critta stay in the centres I think he and Xerri will make our edges lethal both sides of the ruck having said that if taffe shits the bed at FB CC needs to react quicker than he did with Perham.
After seeing how JAC performed in the Indigenous vs Maori game the other night, with Tabui-Fidow inside him, if you put a quality centre inside of JAC, you'll see the best of him.

Xerri and Crichton both fit that criteria.

I think Taaffe just needs a chance to show his worth. People forget at Souths he was behind Alex Johnston and Latrell Mitchell, who are both excellent fullback options. Taaffe has pace and is a thinker with the ball. That's exactly what we need from a fullback.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

No Middles = NO SUCCESS
How would you know what Hughes provides?

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

No Middles = NO SUCCESS
Aren't we building from within

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Also from today: Bupa was up for life membership but couldn’t attend due to another commitment so he asked that his nomination be deferred to a future event. So likely we’ll see him nominated for the 2025 AGM.
Wanted to be there in person to accept it, shows the class of the bloke

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Taaffe is dead average LOL

We have nothing to lose giving Critta a crack at fullback. He's a world class footballer and worst case we have an elite centre.
The game we played south’s last year and they had 8 players out,he tore us apart and they nearly won that game.he is elusive and quick.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey TK.
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Thought I’d also share my experience from todays AGM which was well attended by members who were generously catered for by the club.

Commercial Operations
- As OP noted we are flying on this front. Aaron Warburton spoke well and must certainly be a tremendous commercial operator given the success in this area during a period where our on field product has been so poor. Great work commercial team. They’re either sublime at their work or our supporters are thick. One or the other, who cares, we’re doing great as a business.

Football Operations
-
Ronny Gould spoke bullishly about the state of our football operations and mentioned plenty of room in the cap over the next few years for us to strike. Spoke glowingly of the Flegg-Ball-HM cohort and of the work being done in our pathways program.
- Ciraldo appeared via a pre-recorded video link and was full of confidence. He’s a well spoken man but in my humble opinion exudes Trent Barrett characteristics. Plenty of show, jury is out on how much go he has about him in a head coaching capacity.

Board Formation
- Bit of a shake up with Driussi promoted to Chair. Driussi is a winner and has done plenty of winning in his life. Knows what success looks like. Knows how to win. Apparently has ties to opposing factions within the club so it will be interesting to see how things play out on this front between now and future meetings.

Members
- Great bunch of members in attendance who turned out in big numbers (bigger than the last few years anyway). Many still drunk from Thursdays impressive trial. I had to remind many that it was only a trial but we all generally agreed it was a nice start to the year. Some other key talking points were who will line up in the halves and I have to say the room was split between Hutchinson and Sexton to partner Burton. I also had the pleasure of meeting a few members who mentioned they had been recently banned from TK which was the only lowlight of the day. Both of these gentlemen (in the truest sense of the word) were knowledgeable (regaled Bulldogs facts and stories like no tomorrow), honourable and well presented. Both stopped short of revealing their usernames unfortunately so cannot give them a direct endorsement. Anyway, hopefully their bans are brief and they can hopefully be motivated to enlighten the wider Bulldogs community in a similar fashion to how they did with me today.

Conclusion
Great AGM. Everyone spoke well and I harbour hope that we could be on the right track yet again. Bring on season 2024. This year will be a significant indicator into the real health of the club.
Long time lurker? Right after all the clowns got banned this new account pops up and you suggest you met the banned clowns at the AGM as well.

Keep trolling

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His full name is Philip Ronald Gould - Buzz has called him that many times over the years in ‘the rag’.

I find it funny that a new TK member just happened ‘to meet other members who disclosed themselves as TK users who had recently been banned’. What are the odds, maybe the unicycles were left outside :-).
And had a dazzling array of insights, most of which had already appeared earlier in the thread...

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Long time lurker? Right after all the clowns got banned this new account pops up and you suggest you met the banned clowns at the AGM as well.

Keep trolling
It's actually fucking psychopathic that whichever clown is was that wrote this goes to the trouble of creating a new account and writing such an in depth post

scottywilson

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This proves nothing …

Have you ever had an injury or even just an illness and been told by a Dr or medical it should be right by a certain time …. only to find it took twice as long as that ..

Please go see my previous reasons on what might have changed since those early comments, Tracey probably hadn’t even arrived at our club by then, or our own medical team may have diagnosed differently by the time he actually got here and called BS on those early claims for all you know ..

Why don’t you go back to Gould and ask what changed from his early reply’s to you ..
then get blocked lol

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty simple for me, there wasn’t a QLD team when I started playing and supporting footy as a kid. I still get a lot of shit from my mates for not jumping ship to broncs then the cows but fuck them I’ll be a bulldog for life.
True Dogs are loyal!
I will not go as far as suggesting new 'friends', yet can understand others doing so ;)

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bro, I am the most hated. I have lived about 70% of my life in QLD and 30% in NSW. I was born in NSW but I’m a Queenslander and will fight anyone that argues the point. But I was, am and will always be a DOG.

EAD Cockroaches!
Uncouth bogans these days.
I'd dare suggest the only saving grace is your return to The Premier State and support of our Club.

40 paces with rubber bands it be?
The other option is a tickle competition utilising Sacred/Australian White Ibis feathers.
Your choice of the two, naturally.
I champion a true legend of street alley scuffles @Tassie Devil to represent me :grinning: