2024 Bulldogs AGM

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Never heard Gus referred to as Ronny myself.
His full name is Philip Ronald Gould - Buzz has called him that many times over the years in ‘the rag’.

I find it funny that a new TK member just happened ‘to meet other members who disclosed themselves as TK users who had recently been banned’. What are the odds, maybe the unicycles were left outside :-).

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate. No one wants to be compared with modern day United. Let's not even get to those levels.

I get you tho. And I do think you can have a lot of valid points about the team.

It's just that at times they're overly negative which is why people jump on you mate
United are going ok this season. I'm not a die-hard soccer fan, but surely 14 wins and being 6th on the ladder is better than our 7 wins and being in the bottom 4?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
One thing our fullbacks haven’t done in years is support play. If taffe has that in his arsenal and demands the ball (including inside balls, feeding off offloads) then he will go alright .
See the second game against Souths last year - Taaffe played a blinder in a depleted side.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Parts of Liverpool are shit. We had a flat in speed street we lived in for a few years when I was 11-13ish. Regularly found used needles in the courtyards between the flats. I once found a cigarette pack with about 30 little bags of some type of powder in plastic bags inside water balloons once too. NFI what it was. Probably would have been worth a few bucks. I suspect my stepdad sold it.

About 5 years after we sold up and moved out to a small country town, we saw in the news that some moron playing with fire poured some type of accelerant in a trail up the stairs and burned themself and if memory serves correctly three other people in that block to death.

Edit- Turns out my memory is shit. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.up...e-die-in-Sydney-apartment-fire/9787790059600/
We lived on the second floor.

On the flip side my sister was renting a place about a km away that was in a nice little area. With another sister also in a nice area of Liverpool. I'd certainly not want to live in flats near the station. But there are probably still nice parts.
Speed street was aptly name - and walking distance from the Golden Triangle - a pub on each corner and a multitude of interesting businesses inn between - brothels, methadone clinic, tattoo artist, fireworks, sex shop all within 50 metres - and the railway station.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
His full name is Philip Ronald Gould - Buzz has called him that many times over the years in ‘the rag’.

I find it funny that a new TK member just happened ‘to meet other members who disclosed themselves as TK users who had recently been banned’. What are the odds, maybe the unicycles were left outside :-).
I thought the same thing half way through the post. Got Nasheed written all over it.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
United are going ok this season. I'm not a die-hard soccer fan, but surely 14 wins and being 6th on the ladder is better than our 7 wins and being in the bottom 4?
If you follow ManU, (and I don't) being 6th on the ladder is a disaster.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you follow ManU, (and I don't) being 6th on the ladder is a disaster.
My mate follows Man u. As I said, I'm not a big soccer fan, but the way he goes on about it, you'd think they would be running dead last.

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey TK.
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Thought I’d also share my experience from todays AGM which was well attended by members who were generously catered for by the club.

Commercial Operations
- As OP noted we are flying on this front. Aaron Warburton spoke well and must certainly be a tremendous commercial operator given the success in this area during a period where our on field product has been so poor. Great work commercial team. They’re either sublime at their work or our supporters are thick. One or the other, who cares, we’re doing great as a business.

Football Operations
-
Ronny Gould spoke bullishly about the state of our football operations and mentioned plenty of room in the cap over the next few years for us to strike. Spoke glowingly of the Flegg-Ball-HM cohort and of the work being done in our pathways program.
- Ciraldo appeared via a pre-recorded video link and was full of confidence. He’s a well spoken man but in my humble opinion exudes Trent Barrett characteristics. Plenty of show, jury is out on how much go he has about him in a head coaching capacity.

Board Formation
- Bit of a shake up with Driussi promoted to Chair. Driussi is a winner and has done plenty of winning in his life. Knows what success looks like. Knows how to win. Apparently has ties to opposing factions within the club so it will be interesting to see how things play out on this front between now and future meetings.

Members
- Great bunch of members in attendance who turned out in big numbers (bigger than the last few years anyway). Many still drunk from Thursdays impressive trial. I had to remind many that it was only a trial but we all generally agreed it was a nice start to the year. Some other key talking points were who will line up in the halves and I have to say the room was split between Hutchinson and Sexton to partner Burton. I also had the pleasure of meeting a few members who mentioned they had been recently banned from TK which was the only lowlight of the day. Both of these gentlemen (in the truest sense of the word) were knowledgeable (regaled Bulldogs facts and stories like no tomorrow), honourable and well presented. Both stopped short of revealing their usernames unfortunately so cannot give them a direct endorsement. Anyway, hopefully their bans are brief and they can hopefully be motivated to enlighten the wider Bulldogs community in a similar fashion to how they did with me today.

Conclusion
Great AGM. Everyone spoke well and I harbour hope that we could be on the right track yet again. Bring on season 2024. This year will be a significant indicator into the real health of the club.
I think we have found Polly power/Flanagan/04 dreaming new account??
Talking up the banned members who were supposedly in attendance is a dead giveaway.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey TK.

Thought I’d also share my experience from todays AGM which was well attended by members who were generously catered for by the club.

Commercial Operations
- As OP noted we are flying on this front. Aaron Warburton spoke well and must certainly be a tremendous commercial operator given the success in this area during a period where our on field product has been so poor. Great work commercial team. They’re either sublime at their work or our supporters are thick. One or the other, who cares, we’re doing great as a business.

Football Operations
-
Ronny Gould spoke bullishly about the state of our football operations and mentioned plenty of room in the cap over the next few years for us to strike. Spoke glowingly of the Flegg-Ball-HM cohort and of the work being done in our pathways program.
- Ciraldo appeared via a pre-recorded video link and was full of confidence. He’s a well spoken man but in my humble opinion exudes Trent Barrett characteristics. Plenty of show, jury is out on how much go he has about him in a head coaching capacity.

Board Formation
- Bit of a shake up with Driussi promoted to Chair. Driussi is a winner and has done plenty of winning in his life. Knows what success looks like. Knows how to win. Apparently has ties to opposing factions within the club so it will be interesting to see how things play out on this front between now and future meetings.

Members
- Great bunch of members in attendance who turned out in big numbers (bigger than the last few years anyway). Many still drunk from Thursdays impressive trial. I had to remind many that it was only a trial but we all generally agreed it was a nice start to the year. Some other key talking points were who will line up in the halves and I have to say the room was split between Hutchinson and Sexton to partner Burton. I also had the pleasure of meeting a few members who mentioned they had been recently banned from TK which was the only lowlight of the day. Both of these gentlemen (in the truest sense of the word) were knowledgeable (regaled Bulldogs facts and stories like no tomorrow), honourable and well presented. Both stopped short of revealing their usernames unfortunately so cannot give them a direct endorsement. Anyway, hopefully their bans are brief and they can hopefully be motivated to enlighten the wider Bulldogs community in a similar fashion to how they did with me today.

Conclusion
Great AGM. Everyone spoke well and I harbour hope that we could be on the right track yet again. Bring on season 2024. This year will be a significant indicator into the real health of the club.
Nice try,no cigar.

chihuahua dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The recently banned forum members who didn't identify themselves(how interesting they didn't specify this important detail lol)were highly likely to have been subjected to just/appropriate corrective actions undertaken by the mod(s)concerned.

Never heard Gus referred to as Ronny myself.

Anyhow welcome aboard mate.

I reckon Gus and our new chairman may have a shared interest/ownership in some neddies, though I'm not really sure what ones Gus has a piece of atm.
What were those two clowns banned for in the end?

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hey TK.

Commercial Operations

Football Operations
-

Board Formation

Members

Conclusion

Seriously, who is going to a AGM & telling strangers that they are banned from The Kennel. FMD.

I was more convincing as a Bulldogs supporter posting as Gene. You are a amateur.

Thanks for the laugh,

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hey TK.

Commercial Operations

Football Operations
-

Board Formation

Members

Conclusion
Is this Polly or dreaming? Oh I forgot you’re both the same person.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Yes similar thoughts crossed my mind bahaha :tearsofjoy:

Knew Gus's middle name was Ronald but I'm blessed in that I never read that rag or anything buzznumnuts pens..