2024 Bulldogs AGM

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is there more to the Josh Jackson retirement story? Grub seems to get so much more love from the club than ol’ Jacko
Because it was the love fest BS story.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for the report. All signs point to smooth sailing right now. The Druissi appointment worried me a bit. Hopefully it's a mutual decision rather than Khoury being pushed. Either way I hope it doesn't change the direction we've been moving in.
There’s definitely some factionalism alive and well - but there always has been. Call it a gentleman’s agreement - but with JK staying deputy chair it shows it’s not an assassination otherwise he’d be gone. Driussi is smart - and although originally from the CB area now lives in North Sydney so @Bazildog can lobby for home games at North Sydney and eventually take the Chair too :-).

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There’s definitely some factionalism alive and well - but there always has been. Call it a gentleman’s agreement - but with JK staying deputy chair it shows it’s not an assassination otherwise he’d be gone. Driussi is smart - and although originally from the CB area now lives in North Sydney so @Bazildog can lobby for home games at North Sydney and eventually take the Chair too :-).
First rule of fight club…?

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Consider injuries mate it’s a long season/marathon .. if they occur do we want hungry players that can step in, or just fall in a hole like last year ?..

Also the coach put every player on notice, if they wanted it they had to earn it, whoever gets picked, the coach believes they worked the hardest for it and deserve to be there ..

Critta is arguably the best centre in the game right now, for defensive reasons it probably makes sense to have him play there, Tracey has been injured and probably a bit behind gelling with the team & fitness wise.

Any talk of coaches picking favourites is BS, it’s just an excuse to say he doesn’t see it the way the person saying it does .. Perham was consistently picked last year because we didn’t really have a lot of options, this year we do ..

While some spend 8 plus hours here doing nothing but commenting their opinions on a forum .. the coaches are actually spending that 8 working with these players everyday, so who would know best ? .. think about that.

Appreciate varying opinions but the experts do know what they’re doing.
Stop making sense! lol i just realised that's Talking Heads

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Perham might honestly be better than Taafe. Perham is a workhorse fb that took 15+ carries and made solid metres. Taafe is a lightweight who gets dragged backwards almost every carry. Tracey having the worst pre season probably since his ACLs obviously made the decision easier lol
Perham is so much worse than Taaffe.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I posted it in the Gus twitter thread, here it is. Look at the dates, Gus told us he won't start running until mid January only to then tell us something totally different over a week later.

View attachment 102544
He’d be going off the advice of the medical team, he has nothing the achieve by making up dates on the return of a player to training.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
im not a Taafe fan YET, but he has very good passing skills and with 2 strike centres on either side he could be lethal there.
As i said earlier, if Critter plays right centre instead of Clarke i reckon Critter scores 3 or 4 tries due to his size and speed.
I like Tracey and rate him massively but due to injury he is on the backfoot unfortunately.
I think that Tracey will be really good in our team once he’s fully fit absolutely no point in rushing him it’s such a long season.
But also believe Taafe will be steady and pretty safe overall.
Very important to have these types of players across the board we saw what happened last season with injuries.

Reactions: ATT

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is there more to the Josh Jackson retirement story? Grub seems to get so much more love from the club than ol’ Jacko
He did step straight into a job he'd spent his career studying for. Aside from his NRL time there's probably more experienced people who'd kill for those opportunities at an NRL club. Now he's a lower grades coach. He's been given the opportunity to create a new career for himself by the club. Life membership at the club would be great, but maintaining a healthy wage post football is incredible. Only the lucky few players get this kind of chance regardless of their loyalty or impact. I'll bet he's not jealous of Reynolds.

Reynolds got life membership though so roll out the conspiracy theories. I'm sure he counts it as one of his great honours. But at best it's a plaque or a trophy to gather dust in the coming years. I hope Reynolds has post football career options. I saw him doing a breakdown of Sexton's game somewhere. But I'd guess he's getting pocket change for that. I guess he's got enough profile to get his foot in many doors. But it's a far cry from the excitement of football and his earning potential is drastically reduced you'd think.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s like no one watched the game. He got to every kick in general play on the full, sprinted back. Injection into backline was good too. Comparing him to Perham is obvious trolling
I am a fan of Tracy and was hoping he would take the No 1 jersey, but I don't have a problem with Taafe. He was good in the trial, couple of small mistakes from memory but a solid performance.
This is the difference this year, we have competition for spots.
I don't like slagging other players but Taafe and Tracy are both light years in front of Perham.

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Buzz hitting back at Gus for saying his paper is a f------ rag.
Buzz: Wrestle-Gate creates cap drama for Dogs
The Bulldogs have a salary cap problem with a player who walked out on the club last year no longer being paid despite the NRL listing him in the top 30.