News 2023 Rd 1 Draw

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a bad first month for once. All winnable games imo.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just feel they could've gone with more traditional matchups. Dogs/Tiger, Bronco/Cowboy and a GF replay of Panther/Eel. Something like that I feel would build more hype than some of these games. Anyway at least we don't have a bye, couldn't think of anything worse than waiting months for the new season only to miss round 1 haha.
Definitely a rivalry round to open the season would be ideal. However, traditional match ups are subjective lol. You are right, building hype for round one is important.

Something like.. Like dogs vs eels, roosters vs souths, dragons vs sharks or Broncos vs cowboys.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not a bad first month for once. All winnable games imo.
Storm not winnable (unless we're including a 1% chance) outside that yeah. At worst need to be going 2/4, 3/4 is possible.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Storm not winnable (unless we're including a 1% chance) outside that yeah. At worst need to be going 2/4, 3/4 is possible.
Inknow we say it every year. But I can see the Storm sliding next season. They weren’t anything special this year. They’ve lost a lot of their forward pack, Bromwich brothers, Smith, Kaufusi. Hopefully it’s in Sydney as well. That will help. Can’t tell as both teams have an away game Rd 1. I’m sure we’ll be the ones screwed over with only 1 home game in the first month.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Definitely a rivalry round to open the season would be ideal. However, traditional match ups are subjective lol. You are right, building hype for round one is important.

Something like.. Like dogs vs eels, roosters vs souths, dragons vs sharks or Broncos vs cowboys.
Na Eels are too hard a team now, want a softer side like Tigers to start haha.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep. We don't play good looking footy to be on prime time TV. I don't blame the networks
Agree, we appeared as Z-Graders for a while there, That changed when Baz left and we finished an honourable 12th - With an improved roster and performances coupled with our large fan base, we should start to see better TV time slots

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Inknow we say it every year. But I can see the Storm sliding next season. They weren’t anything special this year. They’ve lost a lot of their forward pack, Bromwich brothers, Smith, Kaufusi. Hopefully it’s in Sydney as well. That will help. Can’t tell as both teams have an away game Rd 1. I’m sure we’ll be the ones screwed over with only 1 home game in the first month.
storm will be top4 once again, any team with a spine of papps, munster, hughes and grant will always be there. Obviously comes down to injuries like every team

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
storm will be top4 once again, any team with a spine of papps, munster, hughes and grant will always be there. Obviously comes down to injuries like every team
Don't forget they lost all their depth players. What happens if a spine player goes injured?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha… predictions or not .. mine is ..

dolphins to come out an smash the rooster, yes I’m dreaming, but Damn that would be an awesome first round we for the new fishes :tearsofjoy: !!!

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Round 17 & 23 are our buy rounds

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Draw has been released. Not a bad draw to be fair. Not much travel involved. Play Panthers, Storm, Roosters once. Of course hard to tell if it’s a good draw or not. But seems we haven’t been rorted.