2023 melbourne cup

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
NRL is 100% human cruelty, the players are trying to get the ball into the tryline and are tackled by huge aggressive pacific islander men
I agree

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Flanagan would keep his horse alive when its leg has been shattered and it keeps getting up in confusion and panic

mr humane
if a horse is in agony it is best to kill it than let it live.
But apparently that is animal cruelty?

in other news I found out muslims think dog food is dirty?
But don’t mind littering public areas with bread, to create bin chicken, pigeon and rodent infestations.
Because it’s a sin to waste food!
But not a sin to pollute or create problems with vermin?
If wasting is a sin then we are all going to hell!

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Merge this thread all ready a horse racing thread.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Horse racing is 100% animal cruelty, I just don't give a fuck. More people should just admit the same and move on.
There's definitely a bit of cruelty there. They force the horses to work so hard that they often die. But at the same time, the horses live a very good life. And if they survive their racing career, they have a very good retirement. I'm generally against animal cruelty, but I don't think that horses suffer as much as it's made out.

I also don't care about horses. Ugly, overrated animals. They don't even taste good.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Merge this thread all ready a horse racing thread.
every year there is a horse racing thread.
If this post was a cheap jab at me because of your thread.

Not my fault you’re with Optus and rely on them like they’re some kind of credible network!
Weren’t you in Brazil for a while?
Even their worst network would shit all over Optus!

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Horse racing is 100% animal cruelty, I just don't give a fuck. More people should just admit the same and move on.
Speaking as a thoroughbred owner this couldn't be further from the truth.
The racing industry in Australia is tightly regulated and the vast majority of persons involved at all levels treat their horses better than most treat people.
Yes, horses get injured in training, but they can also get injured in a paddock. Those horses that are not up to the level required of a certain jurisdiction aren't flogged harder to get results, they're on sold to race in weaker jurisdictions or retired from racing if that'smore appropriate.
I paid months worth of bills for a horse to sit in a paddock before he was able to be adequately re-homed out of racing.
The racing industry generates billions of dollars annually in Australia and keeps thousands of people employed, it's not going anywhere.
Fair enough if it's not your cup of tea, not everyone has to like it, but from my personal experiences in racing, there's certainly no animal cruelty that I have ever heard of or witnessed.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Speaking as a thoroughbred owner
Enough said. Like I said I don't personally care, I'm just not going to pretend that it's something that's it's not.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
every year there is a horse racing thread.
If this post was a cheap jab at me because of your thread.

Not my fault you’re with Optus and rely on them like they’re some kind of credible network!
Weren’t you in Brazil for a while?
Even their worst network would shit all over Optus!
Just a sligh one.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Enough said. Like I said I don't personally care, I'm just not going to pretend that it's something that's it's not.
Wouldn't you prefer to have an educated opinion?