2022 Week 2 NRL Pre-Season Trials - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Broncos were missing Tesi Niu, and I dont think Issako played much (nor Turpin).

Because of the enormous team lists in the trials, it can be hard to gauge how a team will go.

Will the Dogs have a WNRL team?
Leb chicks are heavy duty lol
Dogs don't have an NRLW side. There are only 6 sides in that competition (which makes it kinda pointless).

Broncos, Titans, Knights, Eels, Dragons, Roosters.

Last edited:

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It'll be competitive for the 8

Soufs look like they may drop a few spots without Reynolds
I reckon south's won't make the 8 this year there pack looks weak when you compare it to other top 8 teams I mention this to one of my south's mate they wanted to try and fight me hahahaha typical cody walker moment hahaha . Latrell and cody are only one incident from a long suspension there pack is average and starting to age and no Reynolds gagai sau and no Bennett I can see them slipping down into the bottom 8

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
honestly what is he meant to do, some of these refs lack common sense
As an ex junior league referee, I was extremelly puzzled by that decision.

I have sent a query to the NRL via their contacts icon, seeking clarification on how that was not play on. Just what was the Raiders player suppose to do.

My late grandfather told me was I was very young that when Dally Messnger made a break and had no support that he would throw the ball over the fullbacks head, regather before it hit the ground and then score the try.

The deliberate forward pass rule was brought in to cover that eventuality.

This is a potential Pandora’s box.

Last edited:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
just caught up on the weekend games after being at Randwick yesterday.
Though St Merge we very impressive, have a good mix of old heads and some junior talent. Parra looked good but Penrith missing alot of players.
Cows and Broncos game not much to write home about, i think we have both their measure.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Meaney continuing his sharp shooting from warriors game, hitting them sweetly.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As an ex junior league referee, I was extremelly puzzled by that decision.

I have sent a query to the NRL via their contacts icon, seeking clarification on how that was not play on. Just what was the Raiders player suppose to do.

My late grandfather told me was I was very young that when Dally Messnger made a break and had no support that he would throw the ball over the fullbacks head, regather before it hit the ground and then score the try.

The deliberate forward pass rule was brought in to cover that eventuality.

This is a potential Pandora’s box.
Yup, that is exactly what that rule was brought in for. Plainly what the Raiders player was doing bore no relation to the reason the rule was made. Refs need to have a historical understanding of the game, not just a technical knowledge of the rules.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yup, that is exactly what that rule was brought in for. Plainly what the Raiders player was doing bore no relation to the reason the rule was made. Refs need to have a historical understanding of the game, not just a technical knowledge of the rules.
It will be interesting on 2 fronts.
1. If the NRL reply to my query.
2. If their reply is plausible.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Best injured already, lose some weight you fat ****

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Reimis smith is a deadset grub, next time storm play dogs at our home might aswell boo the **** and we have a reason to, he just bitched his way out and he has such a punchable face.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The storm attack can be easily done by us with their use of the fullback. Last year hynes did it now meaney can. Dufty’s ball playing is underrated and one of the best, its just we prefer to think props will get our points by running 4 prop plays and maybe one occasional spread on 5 tackle which leads to a forward kicking. Tbaz cant teach this though so im looking forward to 2023 with mahoney and our new coaching staff.