2022 Squad - current situation

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is anyone willing to give JAC a go at FB, given we could run Cotric and OK as wingers?
Can’t be worse then 8 years of perrett, Brett Morris, hoppa, zelezniak, Meaney, Allan.

Has the speed, strength and defence. In saying that without a foundation even tommy turbo will struggle at the back for us.

Worth a shot especially because cotric and okunbor can do an adequate job at the back. But if katoa starts making appearances on the wing again then JAC is better off on the wing:expressionless:

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Chricton was horrible before his injury.. we signed that young guy from cairns or wherever.. I think he's a winger/fullback.. maybe he makes top 30.. a young athletic built guy is a better option than chricton imo
Cuz SKaota and C Cricton was dean pay speical must of been a buy 1 get 1 free at penrith sale

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have 7 spots to fill for next year from today. This will be made up of players promoted from lower grades, new purchases and some re-signings. You can take this information to the bank

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is B. Smith really available ?

I think the storm have made it pretty clear he aint going anywhere. I am not saying it cant happen but I certainly wouldnt classify him as being available given he is on contract next year.

Lets not forget the fox asked them for a release for this year to be closer to family. He has a young child and his wife wanted to move closer to home but that got denied. They are more compelling factors than Brandon who just wants a move so he can play hooker.

Unlike other clubs the storm dont just roll over when a player wants out of a contract. The fact that Harry Grant has missed so much footy this year also wont help his cause to get out of his deal next year.
There's been literally like a hundred media reports that the Storm are willing to let Smith go early if they get a like for like replacement so you would think there has to be some truth to it. Maybe we have no-one they want or maybe we refused to release the players they wanted (could have been Averillo ?). Fox didn't want his early release in the end remember because he'd signed with the Tigers but changed his mind so said he had to stay at the Storm.

Last edited:

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we can score Vaughan, Pangai and Dufty, I would argue that we could make the top 8.

1 Dufty
2 Cotric
3 Naden
4 Schoupp
5 JAC
6 Burton
7 Avo
8 Thompson
9 JMK
10 Vaughan
11 TPJ
12 RFM
13 Elliott

14 Topine/BBO
15 Hetherington
16 Ava
17 Doorey

NEED TO MOVE JACKO ON…. Sad but true!

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep, me too. I’m starting to like the idea. We need some punch in our spine. Now only 7 and 9 to worry about
Last week our forwards were Jackson, Thompson, Heatho, Ava, JMK, Doorey...and co. We also had Averillo and Allen in the side. Minimal run metres, no structure or any idea in defence. But you think our main problem is we need punch in our spine?...at 0-66... I think we need more than just punch from 1,6,7 and 9.
Nothing will change until our attitude in defence changes. I don't know who's available as a defensive coach for next year but SERIOUSLY, the Club could be pro active...tell Trent we are fucking off his mate Furner and re employing Dean Pay as defensive coach for next year...why not?...our D was far better under Pay than what has developed this season.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Last week our forwards were Jackson, Thompson, Heatho, Ava, JMK, Doorey...and co. We also had Averillo and Allen in the side. Minimal run metres, no structure or any idea in defence. But you think our main problem is we need punch in our spine?...at 0-66... I think we need more than just punch from 1,6,7 and 9.
Nothing will change until our attitude in defence changes. I don't know who's available as a defensive coach for next year but SERIOUSLY, the Club could be pro active...tell Trent we are fucking off his mate Furner and re employing Dean Pay as defensive coach for next year...why not?...our D was far better under Pay than what has developed this season.
Pay will never come back to the joint, no way he'll accept an assistant coach/defensive coach job at the club where he was First grade coach at.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a club you simply could not bring pay back again after the way letting him go was handled.
I agree with pissing Furner off. If your going to do that tho you need to ensure your upgrading to a better person than you already had.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Updated OP due to Dufty signing, we now have 20 players signed for 2022.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Updated OP due to Katoa re-signing, we now have 21 players signed for 2022.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Assume if we sign TPJ and Vaughan the rest of the top 30 will be from within on minimum

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Assume correctly.

1 Dufty
2 Cotric
3 Naden
4 Schoupp
5 JAC
6 Burton
7 Avo
8 Thompson
9 BBO
10 Vaughan
11 TPJ
12 RFM
13 Elliott

14 JMK
15 Hetherington
16 Ava
17 Jacko

18 Doorey
19 Stimson
20 Allan
21 Waddell
22 Flanno
23 Atoni
24 Wakeham
25 T Katoa
26 Topine
27 Alamoti
28 Patolo
29 Roumanous
30 Promote one of the SG Ball or Flegg boys (maybe Ryan Gray, Danny Ghantous or Khalad Rajeb)

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Assume correctly.

1 Dufty
2 Cotric
3 Naden
4 Schoupp
5 JAC
6 Burton
7 Avo
8 Thompson
9 BBO
10 Vaughan
11 TPJ
12 RFM
13 Elliott

14 JMK
15 Hetherington
16 Ava
17 Jacko

18 Doorey
19 Stimson
20 Allan
21 Waddell
22 Flanno
23 Atoni
24 Wakeham
25 T Katoa
26 Topine
27 Alamoti
28 Patolo
29 Roumanous
30 Promote one of the SG Ball or Flegg boys (maybe Ryan Gray, Danny Ghantous or Khalad Rajeb)
TPJ is being signed to play middle

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
TPJ is being signed to play middle
Well unless they plan to get rid of Jacko or Elliott, which I wouldn't mind I don't know how that'll work. You need Thompson, Pangai and Vaughan all starting as there is 2 million bucks invested in that.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well unless they plan to get rid of Jacko or Elliott, which I wouldn't mind I don't know how that'll work. You need Thompson, Pangai and Vaughan all starting as there is 2 million bucks invested in that.
i dont know about vaughn but i guess on $400k max