Yeo has the best hands I've seen from a forward since Jimmy Graham

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They have had pretty decent teams, 2 grand finals and 1 win over the years though
2021 they finished 1 position ahead of us, 2020 they finished 1 position ahead us and 2019 they finished 2 positions behind us.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They have had pretty decent teams, 2 grand finals and 1 win over the years though
They also had to overhaul their spine, Thurston, Granville aging, Morgan & Coote.

Holmes didn't work at FB but he is still a top player.

Their pack was never the issue and their backs are solid enough.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope the pamfers put a cricket score on the spatchcocks

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cowboys have shit on Gus' "it takes time" narrative he keeps pushing
Cowboys have a much better list then us bro. JT, McLean, Cotter, Hess, Gilbert , Nanak and Luki is one of the best packs in the comp. The have an organising half and in form young 6. Holmes, Hammer, Drink water, are all good strike players. Hiku offers a bit too.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Amazing how Penrith just blew the roosters away in the final 13 mins, especially when it looked like a set of set game. Shows the class of Cleary and Jerome and co. No fluke the sit dead 1st and 2 points , almost 4 clear !!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They also had to overhaul their spine, Thurston, Granville aging, Morgan & Coote.

Holmes didn't work at FB but he is still a top player.

Their pack was never the issue and their backs are solid enough.
Compared to us they have been in a better position to succeed over the past few years and have done so. We have been trying to fix our roster since 2016 realistically and its only starting to come together now with another 1-2 years to see a decent pack finally

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
2021 they finished 1 position ahead of us, 2020 they finished 1 position ahead us and 2019 they finished 2 positions behind us.
They have had at least a decent base team to fix up quickly the way I see it, our base team has been dog shit sadly over the last few years and was getting worse lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Cowboys have a much better list then us bro. JT, McLean, Cotter, Hess, Gilbert , Nanak and Luki is one of the best packs in the comp. The have an organising half and in form young 6. Holmes, Hammer, Drink water, are all good strike players. Hiku offers a bit too.
How did those players perform last season? Point is they turned it all around very quickly. Every player improved under Payten, they targeted 2 key recruits that plenty of people laughed at and their fitness and attitude improved out of sight. We can turn things around quickly if we actually make the right decisions in regards to coaching and immediate recruits however we bought half a new side with a stack of rejects and retained proven duds in the coaching department like Baz, Ferris and Furner. I'm not saying we need to be top 4 or even top 8 within a season but I'm definitely not buying the bullshit that it's going to take years to improve and be pinned to the bottom of the ladder. What do they say, "under promise, over deliver". Gus has done exactly that and our fans have eaten it up.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How did those players perform last season? Point is they turned it all around very quickly. Every player improved under Payten, they targeted 2 key recruits that plenty of people laughed at and their fitness and attitude improved out of sight. We can turn things around quickly if we actually make the right decisions in regards to coaching and immediate recruits however we bought half a new side with a stack of rejects and retained proven duds in the coaching department like Baz, Ferris and Furner. I'm not saying we need to be top 4 or even top 8 within a season but I'm definitely not buying the bullshit that it's going to take years to improve and be pinned to the bottom of the ladder. What do they say, "under promise, over deliver". Gus has done exactly that and our fans have eaten it up.
I think we improve with Reed and Kiks If we get a 7 and 1 we improve alot. Payton has done well, we just should not pretend that our team this year can compare to their talent. TPJ and Vaughan are lone hands in the forwards. Burton our only spine player and Kiraz shows promise but no strike at all in the outside backs. The fact that Anderson and Co dismantled a team and put together this steaming pile of shit is a disgrace.