2022 retention and recruitment

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dylan Napa and William Hopoate definitely gone at seasons end

Chasing a couple of forwards, though they are all demanding big bucks

Other than the obvious signings of Burton & JAC, it is looking very bleak for additional signings for 2022
Don’t bet your house on Burton and JAC actually arriving either

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you're expecting much more then something like B. Smith, Rudolf and Naden in value (just an e.g.) you're going to be disappointed. You're delusional if you think we'll re-sign no one as well and we're going to be filling every spot with minimum waged players. I also did factor in operating under the salary cap. Read what I wrote maybe?
Naden going tigers now either this season or next

silva

Utility
Reaction score
We currently have 16 players contracted for next year at roughly 6.5 million. You get 100k for long service so that leaves 3.1 mill for 14 players.

75k for 4 development players equals 300k. 2.8 mill for 10 players.

If we make 3 marquee signings for 600k, 600k and 500k. That leaves 1.1 mill for 7 players.

You could then sign 1 player on 300k.

The remaining 6 players signed on minimum wage.

Pretty sure this is how the roosters structure their cap. So we could go after 3 marquee signings for next year. A hooker and 2 forwards.

300k player could be an outside back.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Apparently the Bulldogs are after Crichton? That's what my new Titans buddies told me after the thumping we have the Cowboys.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Apparently the Bulldogs are after Crichton? That's what my new Titans buddies told me after the thumping we have the Cowboys.
I'm glad we didn't sign him to be honest and that Penrith are stuck giving him 600k. He's suffering from second year syndrome at the moment and has had some poor touches this year. Momirovski has been better so far. Chrichton is still a mad talent, but not all he's cracked up to be as teams have started defending him better.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Of the 16 players contracted team for next year currently looks like this.

1.Averillo
2. Addo carr
3. Cotric
4. Allen
5. DWZ
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Thompson
11. Elliott
13. Jackson

14.Hetherington
15. Rfm
16. Doorey

18. Wakeham
19. Waddell
20. Stimpson

Can see how we have already mismanaged the cap. Why have Waddell and stimpson there wasting money when they may not even be in first grade. The top sides don’t sign these fringe first graders from other clubs. Go after quality and quality alone. Nevertheless we can turn it around with 4 quality signings.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm glad we didn't sign him to be honest and that Penrith are stuck giving him 600k. He's suffering from second year syndrome at the moment and has had some poor touches this year. Momirovski has been better so far. Chrichton is still a mad talent, but not all he's cracked up to be as teams have started defending him better.
Angus Crichton

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We currently have 16 players contracted for next year at roughly 6.5 million. You get 100k for long service so that leaves 3.1 mill for 14 players.

If we make 3 marquee signings for 600k, 600k and 500k. That leaves 1.1 mill for 7 players.

Pretty sure this is how the roosters structure their cap. So we could go after 3 marquee signings for next year. A hooker and 2 forwards.

We can make it go even further if we get a hooker for 500k or less. Clark would cost a bit more but Robson, Starling, Cotter, B.Brailey or Kenny wouldn't..

Then hopefully we can find some good forward options around the 300-500k mark and make a run at one marquee forward if they become available. But the market looks thin. We also probably have TPA's to use to bump up contracts. So I agree with you that if you balance the money out in a shrewd way, we can fill out the squad reasonably well.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Angus Crichton
Oh really? Colonel Sanders? He'd be after 800k plus though. Plus the Roosters need him more than ever with Cordner fucked and their pack ageing outside of Collins and Sitilli.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
We can make it go even further if we get a hooker for 500k or less. Clark would cost a bit more but Robson, Starling, Cotter, B.Brailey or Kenny wouldn't..

Then hopefully we can find some good forward options around the 300-500k mark and make a run at one marquee forward if they become available. But the market looks thin. We also probably have TPA's to use to bump up contracts. So I agree with you that if you balance the money out in a shrewd way, we can fill out the squad reasonably well.
People saying Brandon smith isn’t a hooker. I don’t care he’s a winner and a tough **** who will be great for the squad. If we can get him and then look at a Paul Vaughan and Jayden Sua as the other marquee signings then we can turn it around quick smart.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People saying Brandon smith isn’t a hooker. I don’t care he’s a winner and a tough **** who will be great for the squad. If we can get him and then look at a Paul Vaughan and Jayden Sua as the other marquee signings then we can turn it around quick smart.
I'd take him for sure. I just don't think he's likely to sign for us. I reckon the Warriors will make him a huge offer to bring him home.

I'm not a fan of Sua. Vaughan would be good at the right price.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we pursued Angus Crighton, Sua, Smith & Vaughan I wouldnt be unhappy. I was unhappy we missed Pikura...we did 2 years x $500k a year...Broncs did 3 year by $300k,$400k,$500k. I think we should be going 3 x $550 as a counter offer rather than giving up on him personally.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Their backs even rapana are on minimum, might not be under as much cap pressure as you would think,probs Soliolas last year as well, but surely Greuler or Horsburugh might want out if continually playing in reserve grade.
Guler is too good to be playing reserves. I know they just re-signed him recently but he's the type of forward we need to sign. Ready to make an impact straight away and wouldn't cost too much.

TroopSalute

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

$9.5 million – base salary cap for the Top 30 players.
$0.2 millionVeteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
$9.5 million – base salary cap for the Top 30 players.
$0.2 millionVeteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game.
There’s another 100k throw it at the cheese