2022 retention and recruitment

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We have 3 million available for next year
The number one priority should be Daryl Clark from Warrington to solve our hooker crisis. He'd cost 500-600k or so. I don't reckon B. Smith is coming, I reckon he'll go to the Warriors or Titans.

That leaves roughly $2.5 million. Spend it on three props, two edge second rowers and a few backs. If we nail recruitment in those positions, we will be a top six team next season.

Last edited:

steveng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hopefully the clean out is finalised next year , we need the likes of D Clarke as B Smith is playing us , need to also look at Jayden Sua and Tapau could be good for the younger boys.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We don't, we have a lot less. All you need to do is have an estimated guess with who's off contract/who we won't retain and then subtract 1m for JAC and Burton. I'd say we're closer to 1.5m (my estimates are a lot less, I'm just praying).
Dexter knows his shit and always has good info. We'd have a lot to spend with 15 players off contract including Hoppa and Napa who are on $1.3 million combined.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Get dunamis lui to replace dylan napa with his money and get some good grunt agressive prop like thomas mikaeli and toby rudolph for jackson and fill the rest with juniors and hetho. The rest can fuck off. And get darryl clark. Or if not deitz start.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even on the fox pre game they said nappa is underwhelming and definately hoppas time is up

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dexter knows his shit and always has good info. We'd have a lot to spend with 15 players off contract including Hoppa and Napa who are on $1.3 million combined.
Look at our outs and remember JAC and Burton are coming (1m already spent, basically Hopoate and Napa money), it isn't possible to have 3m to spend. Dexter is wrong here (and has been in the past too). Some of those players in the 15 you're mentioning are on or close to minimum wage too. We have to replace them with with at least players on minimum wage (mainly promoted players). You should be expecting 1 more big signing (ideally at hooker) and 1 more decent player (ideally at prop). E.g. players on what you'd expect players like Brandon Smith and Rudolf to be on if we signed them. That's about all we're going to be able to do. Nothing near 3m to spend.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Look at our outs and remember JAC and Burton are coming (1m already spent, basically Hopoate and Napa money), it isn't possible. Some of those players in the 15 you're mentioning are on or close to minimum wage too. We have to replace them with with at least players on minimum wage (mainly promoted players).
I'm not going to get into a back and forth guessing cap figures we don't know about. I doubt we've got only a million to spend with 15 players off contract. Yes you need to sign guys on the minimum, but we're going to be active in the market because we have lots of cap space even after signing Burton and Fox.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Look at our outs and remember JAC and Burton are coming (1m already spent, basically Hopoate and Napa money), it isn't possible to have 3m to spend. Dexter is wrong here (and has been in the past too). Some of those players in the 15 you're mentioning are on or close to minimum wage too. We have to replace them with with at least players on minimum wage (mainly promoted players). You should be expecting 1 more big signing at hooker and 1 more decent player. E.g. players on what you'd expect players like Brandon Smith and Rudolf to be on.
im hoping to get up to the cap percentage we had to spend we front loaded some players for next year, theres no way our squad goes anywhere near the 95% or whatever it is of the cap

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Napa, Hopoate
~1m

Atoni, Britt, Crichton, Harding, S. Katoa, T. Katoa, Lewis, JMK, Meaney, Ogden, Okunbor, Roumanos, Smith

~2.5m

= ~3.5m

~1m already spent on JAC and Burton

= ~2.5m and 13 spots to fill

If 11 of those players are on minimum wage ~100k
*We will also be retaining players, more than 0 will be retained (99% sure on that).

= ~1.4m on 2 spots to fill
*We could also be sitting on ~5% of the salary cap (only spent 95%) which is ~500k (you can basically disregard this tho as a lot of those 11 players will be on slightly more than minimum wage).

Yes, these figures are not 100%, but it's a estimated guess, and I think as long as you're a logical thinker you'll see what I'm getting at. No where near ~3m and you're in fairy land if you believe that.

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They're definitely gone, look how they're playing. Hopoate would get a 0/10 for yesterdays performance and this is the 3rd week in a row he's put in similar performances.
That’s his worst performance , he must be injured ?? Or he has given up

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Napa, Hopoate
~1m

Atoni, Britt, Crichton, Harding, S. Katoa, T. Katoa, Lewis, JMK, Meaney, Ogden, Okunbor, Roumanos, Smith

~2.5m

= ~3.5m

~1m already spent on JAC and Burton

= ~2.5m and 13 spots to fill

If 11 of those players are on minimum wage ~100k
*We will also be retaining players, more than 0 will be retained (99% sure on that).

= ~1.4m on 2 spots to fill
*We could also be sitting on ~5% of the salary cap (only spent 95%) which is ~500k (you can basically disregard this tho as a lot of those 11 players will be on slightly more than minimum wage).

Yes, these figures are not 100%, but it's a estimated guess, and I think as long as you're a logical thinker you'll see what I'm getting at. No where near ~3m and you're in fairy land if you believe that.
You just broke it down and found $2.5 million in space. So how is $3 million fairy land stuff?

Meaney is on 300k. Lewis would be on 400k. JMK had been upgraded and would cost 300k or so. So it's not like all of these guys are on the minimum. Just listen to Dexter and the people who give you reliable info instead of just guessing and making it all up yourself. I'm guessing as much as you are, but without seeing the contracts you can't say for sure what our cap situation is.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You just broke it down and found $2.5 million in space. So how is $3 million fairy land stuff?

Meaney was on 300k. Lewis would be on 400k. JMK has been re-signed and would cost 300k or so. So it's not like all of these guys are on the minimum. Just listen to Dexter and the people who give you reliable info instead of just guessing and making it all up yourself.
I broke it down and there is ~1.5m in space which is half on 3m. Players on close to minimum wage replacing close to minimum wage players isn't going to make a difference. I don't think Lewis is on 400k and JMK was one of the worst hookers in the NRL when he was re-signed. If you're expecting much more then something like B. Smith, Rudolf and Naden in value (just an e.g.) you're going to be disappointed.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I broke it down and there is ~1.5m in space which is half on 3m.
You found $3.5 million. We spent a million on Burton and Fox. That leaves $2.5 million. We're also operating under the cap this season which you're not factoring in.

Anyway, I know you're too delusional to listen to any logic or reason, I won't waste my time any further. Believe what you want.