2022 Finals Week 2 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cowboys to win. I don’t want any of those scummy Sydney teams lifting up that trophy

(Even though it might be Penrith)

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are the least hated out of who is left. Main issue is it would flip things. Would go from us giving them shit for no premierships since the 80s, to them giving us shit for not having one in 18 years.
In your eyes they might be or have you done a poll ?

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Raiders in the last month JUST beat the Dragons.
JUST beat the woeful Knights.
Beat up on the Eagles (enough said) and Tigers (LOL).
The got extremely lucky last week with there last 2 tries which included the go ahead try.
The top 8 rewards mediocrity

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He was shown up when he came on for Moses against Penrith last week is not up to standard(I think the 19 pt margin flattered Penrith a bit), not sure of what other options they have to play in the halves in case of injury there.
I would have Niokure at 14. To cover centre, backline can be reshuffled to have Gutho move into 6 brown to 7. Because really If Moses goes down they lose anyways, so may as well play the power game with utility forward on the bench

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Raiders in the last month JUST beat the Dragons.
JUST beat the woeful Knights.
Beat up on the Eagles (enough said) and Tigers (LOL).
The got extremely lucky last week with there last 2 tries which included the go ahead try.
The top 8 rewards mediocrity
I wish you posted this before I put my multis on...

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Raiders won as many as Souths… But it’s got a lot to do with the draw as well..when they play teams..in terms of Origin.. It’s not easy making it equitable..With 16 teams I was for a top 6 but now with 17 a top 8 will have to be the go..
Raiders, Sharks & Cowboys had the easiest draws. Sharks and Raiders weren't effected by Origin. The whole NRL draw is unfair so there has to be a top 8.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I would have Niokure at 14. To cover centre, backline can be reshuffled to have Gutho move into 6 brown to 7. Because really If Moses goes down they lose anyways, so may as well play the power game with utility forward on the bench
I personally think the Eels strongest team would be:

1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Maika Sivo 3. Viliami Penisini 4. Marata Niukore 5. Waqa Blake 6. Dylan Brown 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Junior Paulo 11. Shaun Lane 12. Isaiah Papali'i 13. Nathan Brown

14. Sean Russell/Mitch Rein
15. Bryce Cartwright
16. Ryan Matterson
17. Oregon Kaufusi

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Raiders, Sharks & Cowboys had the easiest draws. Sharks and Raiders weren't effected by Origin. The whole NRL draw is unfair so there has to be a top 8.
Because it’s unfair doesn’t means there has to be a top 8..means the draw has to be fixed to make it more equitable..

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Because it’s unfair doesn’t means there has to be a top 8..means the draw has to be fixed to make it more equitable..
Well the NRL will never fix the draw so there has to be a top 8 with the current system.

People are overblowing 1 match. No one said there shouldn't be a top 8 last week.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well the NRL will never fix the draw so there has to be a top 8 with the current system.

People are overblowing 1 match. No one said there shouldn't be a top 8 last week.
To be honest I’ve always thought it..but I guess the good teams work themselves out in the finals systems anyway..and it does keep the fans of lesser clubs interested..

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
In your eyes they might be or have you done a poll ?
I'd reckon it's about right. Parra without a doubt seem the most hated, fans from every other club despise them. Will only be another week before even their own fans hate them as well lol.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
To be honest I’ve always thought it..but I guess the good teams work themselves out in the finals systems anyway..and it does keep the fans of lesser clubs interested..
The Origin period is the NRL's way of making the comp look a bit closer than what it actually is. A lot of the bottom 8 clubs would be even further away points-wise from the top teams if they weren't handed a few freebies against reserve grade standard clubs fielding a tonne of fill in players the week before Origin games.
Laughable professional organisation in every way.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Origin period is the NRL's way of making the comp look a bit closer than what it actually is. A lot of the bottom 8 clubs would be even further away points-wise from the top teams if they weren't handed a few freebies against reserve grade standard clubs fielding a tonne of fill in players the week before Origin games.
You make a good point about Origin..very true..

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Could you imagine the NBA or EPL telling their best teams that they can't use their best players in games because of an all-star game...

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Could you imagine the NBA or EPL telling their best teams that they can't use their best players in games because of an all-star game...
Should Origin play at the end of the season..or have stand alone Origin weekend? I think Freaky the big issue with League is the physical nature of it…you can get away with a few close games together in the NBA and EPL..League these days you can’t.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Should Origin play at the end of the season..or have stand alone Origin weekend? I think Freaky the big issue with League is the physical nature of it…you can get away with a few close games together in the NBA and EPL..League these days you can’t.
Stop the NRL for 3 weeks & have Origin on 3 Sundays in a row. On the other days you can either have international comps or our own Challenge Cup without the Origin players.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Stop the NRL for 3 weeks & have Origin on 3 Sundays in a row. On the other days you can either have international comps or our own Challenge Cup without the Origin players.
Yep I agree..I like international comps.. Challenge Cup is a good idea too..