2022-2023 Bulldogs Pre Season Thread

ASR010

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Got the following info passed on to me today from a reliable source..

- Kikau was offered captaincy but declined, it will now be given to Reed Mahoney and Burton will be VC.
- We are signing Spencer
- Tyrone May IS a thing, he was at dogs training earlier in the week and is viewed to have high utility value.
- Hayze is a shoe-in for starting FB, with Alamoti and Averillo starting centers.

Make of it what you will.
Close enough with the captains, does anyone know if only one of them will have to be put down as the C on the team paper or both?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How have our halves and fullback been linking up? Is Burton just chilling in the left edge like last season with Flanagan playing on the ball with Perham on the right edge?

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Close enough with the captains, does anyone know if only one of them will have to be put down as the C on the team paper or both?
Not sure but most teams have co-captains these days.

One other key consideration we are forgetting is the captains challenge. You don’t want JAC, RFM, Max King or Kikau in charge of captains challenges haha. You want the two smartest guys on the field ruling that.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice to see legends invited back to training. Would have been a buzz for the younger kids coming up.
The best thing about it all is Anasta hasn’t been invited. He reckons last year the club reached out to him and he replied and they never got back to him lol oh well looks like they’ll never get back to the news limited flog

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully

Hmm, this kinda worries me tbh. Using metaphors and saws in logs etc… does he realise he’s dealing with footy players? Lol.

We all saw what an abject failure Seibold was in Brisbane, apparently because his ways were too complicated. I just hope CC isn’t going down the same road. Same with that passing drill. Perhaps there’s a point to it that needs explaining, or maybe they only practice passing straight out in front to start with.
Yeah I couldn’t imagine the impact of that metaphor to the likes of TPJ, Thompson, Addo Carr etc lol but I reckon that message would have been tailored more to the coaching staff. Either way, I don’t think CC will go down the same road as Seibold. He has Gus’ backing.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if one of the wingers - apart from Okunbor and Papalii in the B team yesterday was Harry Hayes?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How have our halves and fullback been linking up? Is Burton just chilling in the left edge like last season with Flanagan playing on the ball with Perham on the right edge?
Bump

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling Josh Reynolds is going to be our utlity for 2023?

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How good is it to see the players we’ve shed over the last few years and compare it to who we’re signing. It boggles the mind to think about our team being full of these players now. Every pre season since then the excitement keeps rising

1674987870903.jpeg

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How good is it to see the players we’ve shed over the last few years and compare it to who we’re signing. It boggles the mind to think about our team being full of these players now. Every pre season since then the excitement keeps rising

View attachment 64515
We didn't lose any "superstars". Out of all the players only 5 have clubs.

1. Hopoate is so old and will retire in the superleague.
2. Atoni is a dud who got sacked by the Roosters.
3. Chris Smith is nothing at the Panthers and is on his final year of his contract.
4. Meaney is the only one out the whole list is average.
5. Roumanos just signed a train and trial deal with the tigers and isn't any better than Waddell.

Manu: no club
Heleta: no club
Deitz: no club
Britt: no club
Lewis: no club
Napa: no club
Katoa: no club

Roumanos: tigers
Smith: panthers
Meaney: storm
Hopoate: super league
Atoni: super league