2022-2023 Bulldogs Pre Season Thread

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’d have perham in the side over okunbor
But schoupp and burns will be the centres with kiraz and fox on the wings imo
Most likely, Kiraz certainly.I think Okunbor offers a POD with his height. That's why i have Kiraz as centre.
Booourns though ?

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just noticed that Ava seumanufagai isn’t named in the top 30
Out in a direct swap for Sam Hughes it seems. Ava's '23 contract must have been a "club option", or else he decided to retire after last year's run of injuries (he's 31).

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Perham could even be a Smokey for fullback if avo doesn’t stand up.
Played 7 games there in cup last year with 2 tries 9 try assists and a heap of tackle busts
I know perham was playing outside backs and fullback at parra but I thought he played a lot in the halves prior.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I know perham was playing outside backs and fullback at parra but I thought he played a lot in the halves prior.
Yeah he’s a 5/8 I’m pretty sure.
Mainly played fullback and centre this year though

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i was into it until okunbor. that fraud should never get another game of first grade
Now granted he fucks up for no apparent reason, but he also has the ability to score amazing tries and set up opportunities for himself and those around him, not to mention his willingness to take the tough carries and generally make decent metres . . . What are the better options?

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really need a couple of the younger developing players to step up to be a serious top 8 contender as there are still question marks at centre, half, fullback and prop.

Reactions: ATT

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Now granted he fucks up for no apparent reason
As if that isn't enough

but he also has the ability to score amazing tries
at the expense of conceding more - usually a net liability.

What are the better options?
In the squad just announced?
Kiraz, Perham, Burns, Casey, probably Allan, possibly Skelton, and maybe even the pre-ready Alamoti.

On his very best day, if the planets align, he can go okay. Those days are few and far between and he is usually a massive liability in defense, particularly close to the line.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As if that isn't enough

Kiraz, Perham, Burns, Casey, probably Allan, possibly Skelton, and maybe even the pre-ready Alamoti.

On his very best day, if the planets align, he can go okay. Those days are few and far between and he is usually a massive liability in defense, particularly close to the line.
Fuck ! Are you my Ex Mrs ? . . .You have a way of reconstructing my sentences that is sooooo familiar . . .

Last edited:

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now granted he fucks up for no apparent reason, but he also has the ability to score amazing tries and set up opportunities for himself and those around him, not to mention his willingness to take the tough carries and generally make decent metres . . . What are the better options?
I’d rather the club named the late great Bette White on the wing ahead of that useless f{}ck HMAS Knockonbur

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
As if that isn't enough

The unknown is the effect of coaching. Players who have been there a few years may benefit the most from the anticipated improvement in coaching and conditioning.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The unknown is the effect of coaching. Players who have been there a few years may benefit the most from the anticipated improvement in coaching and conditioning.
If Flanno isn't practicing cross kicks to Okunbor by now, then those 2 need their heads knocked together . . .

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing I’ve never understood with okunbur are his repeated attempts to rush up out of the defensive line and take no one the result of poor coaching and not addressing this glaring weakness or is he just a brain dead moron who doesn’t listen and keeps making the same mistakes.