2021 State of Origin Game 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Liam Martin is a solid player but how the fuck does he make Origin when he doesn't even start for Penrith?
Because he's playing behind 2 Origin players and another beast of a backrower.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Wighton. Fucking why. Every fucking year.

Munster fires and we’re toast, he’s still a much better half than Cleary.
Pretty sure Munster basically ruled himself out of at least the first game but if not more

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Like I said, he's a solid player but he hasn't done enough to make Origin. It's just a clear Penrith bias.
Totally disagree. He'd be starting for every other team in the NRL. Also all the Panthers players deserve it after how good they've been the past 2 seasons.

Also he only made the team because Crichton, Frizell and Radley are out.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No he isn't. He's a better defender and is vital in linkup play. You need to keep your eye on him the whole time to see how good he is. Murray is better at hitting up the ball and getting a quick play the ball and nothing else.
I've watched him plenty and he isn't that good, Murray easily better imo. Plenty of better locks in the NRL than Radley.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Panthers have decided to keep Martin over Capewell, I think that's all you have to say to the people that don't rate Martin. If I was buying 1 or the other all things considered I'd be buying Martin.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
wish we could buy him and is related to Baz correct?, i agree he is a ripper..absolutely nothing wrong with Capewell either.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
QLD gonna bomb tf out of To’o.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has been meh. Overall I'd say that's a pretty underwhelming forward pack...bench is strong but the starting pack doesn't really look all that impressive.
3 fullbacks 3+ lock forwards. I dont like

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
QLD starting pack looks way stronger.

Welch, Arrow, Fifita, Kaufusi, Tino. I'd personally start Fotuaika, Arrow to lock and Tino bench.
I can't believe how weak the starting pack looks. Murray has been average when he plays at SR. Jake at prop LOL. Sims LOL. Just looks weak.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Why are Yeo, Jake and Murray ALL starting? I don't understand lol.
Quick play the balls is my guess so Cleary and Luai can play off the back of it and get a roll on early.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty sure Munster basically ruled himself out of at least the first game but if not more
According to Dobbo (the bloke actually seems get good info here in QLD) Munster will be picked in the 20 man squad, but he thinks its unlikely he'll actually play game 1.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Sims seriously? I also don't know why Jake T is starting as prop. I'd have him in place of Sims.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why do QLD get to pick their team after seeing who we pick??? Its a massive advantage! They can just look at our team, and then choose one to play towards our weaknesses. Surely the NRLol see this. Oh wait, who am I kidding!!!