2021 Finals Week 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Winning a premiership at another club proves nothing imo. If you can stay at a club long term and consistently win premierships then kudos
He has his detractors but the stats back him. 8 GF’s for 7 wins at 2 different clubs and 30 of 35 years teams he has coached in the finals. If he is not the goat he is best mates with the goat.

Fucking hire him now for 2 years and we will fly.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Technically he has won 3 premierships at one club, so you are banking on him winning 5 more and at least one of those at another club??
Hold on a sec, I’m not denying that’s he’s one of the best, but a lot of those premierships were with Brisbane who basically had the entire QLD SOO side in the team. Especially earlier on in 92,93,97,98. Bellamy is a little different mate, Storm consistently finish in the top 4 year after year and great players leave year after year but he still does it.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has his detractors but the stats back him. 8 GF’s for 7 wins at 2 different clubs and 30 of 35 years teams he has coached in the finals. If he is not the goat he is best mates with the goat.

Fucking hire him now for 2 years and we will fly.
Hold on a sec, I’m not denying that’s he’s one of the best, but a lot of those premierships were with Brisbane who basically had the entire QLD SOO side in the team. Especially earlier on in 92,93,97,98. Bellamy is a little different mate, Storm consistently finish in the top 4 year after year and great players leave year after year but he still does it.

What he said

dogluvver

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sore loser. The loss was everyones fault but the Panthers
For once I thought Sutton had a good game. He doesn't blame himself or the players for their boring one out running all game?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rubbish , Bennett did exactly the same thing with Brisbane that Bellamy did with Melbourne. Bellamy was an assistant to Bennett in those early days.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
seriously, how are Gallen and Johns stating that the Rabbitohs were no chance prior to the game... they were third on the ladder, you morons
Just like media saying storm are out of touch and a red hot manly will get them. They lost 3 games all year and are the defending premiers. Also morons

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For once I thought Sutton had a good game. He doesn't blame himself or the players for their boring one out running all game?

Maybe that's what we sound like to opposition fans when we complain about the refs haha

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rubbish , Bennett did exactly the same thing with Brisbane that Bellamy did with Melbourne. Bellamy was an assistant to Bennett in those early days.
I can name plenty of SOO players that had never played in Sydney teams that Bennett brought thru.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wonder how many more finals Panthers are going to lose before they start thinking of sacking Cleary.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Does anyone know who Gus tried to bring in when Hook got moved on?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes, we know Bellamy was assistant to Bennett…doesn’t mean anything. Many times a student becomes better than the teacher.

We’ll agree to disagree. Those 90’s QLD teams had about 12 Broncos players in them out of the 17 at one stage. A lot of the players at Melbourne are just fill ins that play in a great system that’s clinical created by Bellemy. Again not saying Bennett is crap, he’s top 2. But Bellemy edges him, he’s too good.