Votes: 53 50.5%
  • Sione Katoa

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Following on from the Moron of the Year poll, let’s have a vote to decide the Cat of the Year.

Who was our softest player to lace a boot? Who refused to roll up their sleeves and get their jumper dirty with low work rates and/or lack of vigour in their appearances? Biggest pillow/turnstile in defence etc etc

Nominees are;
- Renouf Atoni
- Ofahiki Ogden
- Matt Doorey
- Brandon Wakeham
- Jayden Okunbor
- Kyle Flanagan
- Dylan Napa
- Sione Katoa

Last edited:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Dead heat between Napa & Flanno for me.. tough field..

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Going off size and ability - handsdown atoni.
A real dissapointment.

Doorey i dont mind he gets in there and has a go.

The rest meh.
Except i did like napa when he was at the roosters. Well we know how that ended..

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dylan Napa and it's not even close. Guy is 198cm, 113kg, is on 650K and is supposed to be an origin level prop. He's offered us nothing except for lazy efforts and stupid penalties. He doesn't even run the ball or tackle hard anymore.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fuck you haven't made this easy:

• Atoni - Contract season, opportunity to cement himself as an impact middle off the bench, completely flopped making no impact on either side of the ball. Has had a couple of nice 1 on 1 strips but otherwise useless defensively and isn't breaking the line or busting tackles like he used to.
  • Ogden - I think he's still got potential and has had some nice moments this season, but for whatever reason, the coaching staff isn't giving him much of an opportunity. Personally, I would start him and give him 20-25 mins straight, and then leave him off until he's needed as an HIA cover in the second half.
  • Doorey - Another one similar to Ogden - I just don't think he's had the right opportunity to shine. I would play him on the left edge in Herb's place and move Elliot to lock, but with inexperienced and ineffective halves, our edge players were always going to struggle this season.
  • Wakeham - I think he's rested on his laurels knowing he's got a contract until 2022. Has shown flashes and has been better defensively than I expected, but I don't think he's got the right attitude to be an elite FG half.
  • Okunbor - Was always going to have a slow start coming back from an ACL injury. He's still got the physical tools to dominate and I am holding out hope 2022 he can be a handy depth piece. His first few games back though have been some of the worst I have ever seen from a FG winger, notably his handling errors and defensive reads and contact.
  • Flanagan - Just wow - I have never seen a player lose the mental side so quickly. The minute things got tough for him, he was completely broken. That infamous press conference should never have happened, but he also needs to know that this is what comes with being a first-choice Halfback in the NRL. The few moments that stand out for me are his 1st (or 2nd?) tackle kick that almost went into the 5th row to Cotric, multiple lazy inside balls, or hogging it on 4th or 5th tackle inside 20, refusing to ever try and kick to build pressure with repeat sets or get our outside backs a solid chance at competing for the ball, and a poor long kicking game with zero variety or ability to find the grass. The fact Flanagan makes me miss Jack Cogger says all you need to know about what I think of his game.
  • Napa - Don't get me started. Had shown some flashes in 2019, and that was pretty much all she wrote. One of the worst ever contracts dished up in the past 3 years. He's lucky Russell Packer/ Adam Blair/ Anthony Milford were still running around because they've kept him off the bottom of the shit pile.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He’s not really a cat he’s more of an idiot. I’d give the cat of the year award to somebody not putting their body on the line.
I would say cat because he's scared of doing work and I don't like him so let me vote for him in every negative award

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is the only award any of our players have been competitive in striving for