2021 Captain

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If changing captain, unless we bring in someone of note, we re-sign Tolman or Foran and give them the role. Otherwise, Josh it remains.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't care who is captain as long as it isn't Jackson.

He isn't vocal with his teammates, he doesn't lead by example and lift his team on the field, he never challenges the refs and is maybe the worst captain's challenger in the comp. He's been captain for several years now and clearly it isn't working for him or the team so it's time to find someone else..
He shouldn’t even be in the side if we are going on current and recent form

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jackson was always in line for a poor reception as captain because about 75% of the refs hate us. It can make very little difference if you try talking to a referee that has it in for your team.

The 6 again rule negates replays on the refs calls. But for a good three years at LEAST a few calls made against us per game were shockers. I'd hazard a guess that he hit a point where he's decided that the refs are turds and it's not useful arguing a point.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Jackson will still be there in the top grade so he it is

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats annoyed me about Jackos captaincy is the lack of direction and accountability onfield, if not the coach then the on field captain should have been telling Tolman to piss off from the ball after tackle 3!...this single issue has cost us in so so many games...Tolman on the 4th has become the only 'move' we have, and its [emoji90]

He isn't vocal with his teammates, he doesn't lead by example and lift his team on the field, he never challenges the refs and is maybe the worst captain's challenger in the comp. He's been captain for several years now and clearly it isn't working for him or the team so it's time to find someone else..

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

I expect a captain to be calling the moves, and focusing the troops when they're under pressure. He should be on the backs of the poor performers, and making sure players are in their positions, and doing their jobs. Lack of application has costs us every close game.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I can see Elliott as captain. I can see him speaking up to refs

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What's really sad is Lewis is as good as anyone in our current squad. But as some as already mentioned. This is the least of our problems.