Opinion 2020

Pappydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can we keep Smith, Ogden, Lewis, CHN, Jackson and get rid of everyone else and recruit some talent next season? Is this possible? Because if it isn’t, then we have a long 2 seasons ahead of us. There simply isn’t the talent to threaten any team in the NRL. This is worse than 2008. At least in that year we had the 2009 recruits to look forward to

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes get rid of all of them and we wait another 10 years to win a comp :grinning:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can we keep Smith, Ogden, Lewis, CHN, Jackson and get rid of everyone else and recruit some talent next season? Is this possible? Because if it isn’t, then we have a long 2 seasons ahead of us. There simply isn’t the talent to threaten any team in the NRL. This is worse than 2008. At least in that year we had the 2009 recruits to look forward to
Yeah let’s get rid of Meaney makes a shit load of sense fmd

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We are missing one or two key strike players and things would be much different, yes we lacking but not as much as we all think... as above,we just need a couple An will be much more competitive. Will still be a long couple of years but still some good signs tbh..!!

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
he makes a lot of dumb decisions and gives away some dumb penalties, their second try came off the back of his penalty
I’ve been a critic of him myself, but I saw some good things again today.

I could pick flaws in most out there today if I had to.

Pappydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m sure someone will let him know
They better, because nothing is getting through their fkn heads. This was just dumb fkn footy. And our spine, apart from Lewis, should be smarter than this. If Meaney wants to be a first grader he needs to control games like this and carve it open. Since when did we accept substandard footy? We are the Dogs for fk sake. How hard is it to find a decent fkn spine. Go over the cap if you have to, Hyatt buy some talent. We’re gonna come last anyway the way we’re going, so who gives a shit if we rort the cap

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They better, because nothing is getting through their fkn heads. This was just dumb fkn footy. And our spine, apart from Lewis, should be smarter than this. If Meaney wants to be a first grader he needs to control games like this and carve it open. Since when did we accept substandard footy? We are the Dogs for fk sake. How hard is it to find a decent fkn spine. Go over the cap if you have to, Hyatt buy some talent. We’re gonna come last anyway the way we’re going, so who gives a shit if we rort the cap
We got our ass reamed for having players on a balcony photographed by reporters. I dare say that the NRL would come down on us like the twin towers if we cheat the cap.

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We really need a good 80 min hooker and another prop to fix up our forward pack.

We would improve our attack immensely with a gun centre like latrel and a fast winger that can catch...

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way things are going lichaa will be here for another 3 years

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We got our ass reamed for having players on a balcony photographed by reporters. I dare say that the NRL would come down on us like the twin towers if we cheat the cap.
Yeah but they can't detect shit without someone leaking info. So cheat while you can til you get caught. The other 15 clubs are doing it.

We can't keep playing by the rules in a competition where none of the other clubs are. It clearly worked for Cronulla. They won a comp, have a 500k reduced cap and still sign Johnson and Morris while re-signing their best youngsters..

If we do get caught, hopefully we win a comp out of it like in 2004. Since that time we've had NRL endorsed lackies as CEO's in Noad, Greenberg, Castle and now Hill who have bent over for any unfair punishment handed out and lo and behold, we haven't won anything since then...

It's about time the club got with the times and fought fire with fire to compete with the other cap rorters. Being the one club who tries to appease the NRL clearly isn't working because they find a way to punish us anyway.

Last edited:

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely don't think Melbourne are cheating the cap.
I'd almost go as far as saying that us and Storm are the only ones not cheating the cap as both clubs were caught and severely punished.
They are just a lot more astute than us at the moment.
Ie; They would never pay Lichaa a cent little own the reported 300k Pay is.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have too many second rowers. We could possibly organise a mid-season transfer for Martin in exchange for an outside back.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have too many second rowers. We could possibly organise a mid-season transfer for Martin in exchange for an outside back.
You can't be serious ,Martin would be the last Player I would be letting go he will develop into a great player & he will be the one to break Cam Smith's record & bring the tittle back to Belmore