2020 Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The best predecitor of future behaviour is past behaviour, I would bet all the Hasler/castle signings are back ended, and the last year rediculously so. But are we forward paying some this year and next to avoid the problem then? I hope we can have a slightly crappy cap situation by then instead of a massive problem one.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% right about Hethrington sending him our way. But I think it was Cleal the pie eater who rejected him and never returned Hethrington's phone calls.
Exactly, what a fuck up...I think it was all part of Dessie’s grand plan to wash the joint clean of Bulldogs culture

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Our next raid should be two or three players from the same club. They should be in key positions. It was the right idea to raid Teddy, Moses and Woods. It just didn’t work out and we got stuck with a fat plodder. If it did, Des would still be our coach and ditto Dib as chairman.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our next raid should be two or three players from the same club. They should be in key positions. It was the right idea to raid Teddy, Moses and Woods. It just didn’t work out and we got stuck with a fat plodder. If it did, Des would still be our coach and ditto Dib as chairman.
And how would we been able to fit em under the cap knowing our current situation....
That was the problem with that admin etc
Only got 1 and had to release him n mbye
Imagine if we got all 3..... would of had to release our fans.......

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des didn’t like moses

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des didn’t like moses
Moses plays hard to get he has an attitude, des type players have to suck him off willingly at the weekly statistical meet ups that’s the rules in his back ended contracts and Moses wasn’t worth the risk for blow jobs

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mr I knows something if this has remerged back under Bulldogs discussion lol

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just goes to show you how ignorant and arrogant Des was

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
%100 spot on
Nothing against Dean pay I am a fan of his, my concern is his ability to attract big name players,
The other concern, does he need a better and experienced assistant coach with him ?
I dont believe its Dean Pay who cant attract players, its the club who cant afford to pay them.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is my take on our salary cap and future signings.

After releasing Mbye and Woods this has allowed us to bring forward the majority of back ended deals.

By the end of 2019, we won't be paying ex players at other clubs.

We have signed a few juniors not costing a great deal.

By 2020 we would have released a few more players Lichaa, possibly Tolman and Hoppa to name a few (total close to $1M+).

Certain players will get an increase but overall we will be in a very good position to spend up with what I think could be in excess of $2M once all of this is taken into account. Should Foran be medically retired, there's $800k wiped off the cap. Though a big if, it's not out of the question.

This is where i think our recruitment personnel minds are at right now. Forget 2019, it will just be a year playing for pride.

Could we quietly and behind the scenes working on the following from 2020 when all other clubs will have their caps full?

1. Ivan and Nathan as a package deal.
2. Munster signing (this "rumour" is getting louder by the day and I keep hearing it's close to happening)
3. Miss out on Cleary's and sign Luke Brooks to partner Munster.

We just have to be patient in 2019, sit back and watch how our club will be turned around ready to be back competitive as ever from 2020. We keep hearing it's a business and players will go where they can get the best contract and if we can just get one or two of these mentioned above then others will follow.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont believe its Dean Pay who cant attract players, its the club who cant afford to pay them.
If you are a star or a very promising young player and have a chance to go to another but a stable club for a little less money what would you do ?

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

After releasing Mbye and Woods this has allowed us to bring forward the majority of back ended deals.

By 2020 we would have released a few more players Lichaa, possibly Tolman and Hoppa to name a few (total close to $1M+).

Certain players will get an increase but overall we will be in a very good position to spend up with what I think could be in excess of $2M once all of this is taken into account. Should Foran be medically retired, there's $800k wiped off the cap. Though a big if, it's not out of the question.

This is where i think our recruitment personnel minds are at right now. Forget 2019, it will just be a year playing for pride.

Could we quietly and behind the scenes working on the following from 2020 when all other clubs will have their caps full?

2. Munster signing (this "rumour" is getting louder by the day and I keep hearing it's close to happening)

We just have to be patient in 2019, sit back and watch how our club will be turned around ready to be back competitive as ever from 2020. We keep hearing it's a business and players will go where they can get the best contract and if we can just get one or two of these mentioned above then others will follow.
I think you are close to the mark
Not to sure about our future recruitment plans because the committee will keep that info in house
Mind you there always seems to be a few leaks
But the other stuff seems to make sense

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Would much prefer the munster brooks option than the cleary's one. Although he has a decent kicking game, I don't really rate cleary much as a ball player compared to other halves. By signing his dad it'd make it very difficult to explore other options should nathan not turn out for us.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Des didn’t like moses
The one thing Des got right. Moses is woeful.
Plus him and Nick Meaney are clones.

Mr I knows something if this has remerged back under Bulldogs discussion lol
Nope, I just made the thread after comments about players backended till 2020, and decided to look into when certain players were signed so we can get a visual indication of just how many players COULD be backended.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you are close to the mark
Not to sure about our future recruitment plans because the committee will keep that info in house
Mind you there always seems to be a few leaks
But the other stuff seems to make sense
Agree, but if the best of the crop are available from 2020 we will be very close to having first pickings based on money available. Deals like these are always done in the background and seriously the November date when players can be approached is almost non existent because player managers do the dealings and the Mr 6%'s aren't going to sit back and wait. It's happening now.

Exciting times with new personnel along with the current crop will re-invigorate the club.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree, but if the best of the crop are available from 2020 we will be very close to having first pickings based on money available. Deals like these are always done in the background and seriously the November date when players can be approached is almost non existent because player managers do the dealings and the Mr 6%'s aren't going to sit back and wait. It's happening now.

Exciting times with new personnel along with the current crop will re-invigorate the club.
The deals probably are being nutted out at Auburn McDonald’s as we speak
I’ve heard all those shonky player managers work out of there,no chance
Of beings spotted out
They get a standard 6% off meals
In all seriousness,I have faith in this current board

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The deals probably are being nutted out at Auburn McDonald’s as we speak
I’ve heard all those shonky player managers work out of there,no chance
Of beings spotted out
They get a standard 6% off meals
In all seriousness,I have faith in this current board
Wouldnt be surprised if the Mehajer's are involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.