2020 recruitment

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else notice how good both Morris boys were tonight more than a year after we let them walk with a rubbish offer to them?

I know they are older, so what.

They were good characters, wealth of experience AND still good players.

great decision investing in up and comings like Meany Crichton Okunbor Montoya and co....

say what you want to flame this opinion, they still have much more than any else we have in the backs...

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone else notice how good both Morris boys were tonight more than a year after we let them walk with a rubbish offer to them?

I know they are older, so what.

They were good characters, wealth of experience AND still good players.

great decision investing in up and comings like Meany Crichton Okunbor Montoya and co....

say what you want to flame this opinion, they still have much more than any else we have in the backs...
Your right. And I was happy to see them go because they were flat for so long.
Wonder if theyd still be just going through the motions if they were still with us. Doesnt matter I suppose, we'll never know.
good luck to them.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we cant get Grant, B Smith or even Walters for hooker we better be looking a matt parcell or darryl clark in england.
As we have seen with the rule changes a classy hooker makes a massive difference.
Id even take jake friend if the roosters want tk play verrils. Another year of JMK is another year wasted

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Was never the biggest fan of Ben Hunt at 7. However, he has impressed in the past playing at 9 occasionally for Broncos, SOO and Aus. He’s reportedly on 1.1Mil at the Dragons. I wouldn’t mind discussing the option to have him come and play 9 and have Dragons count their loses and pay a large chunk of that 1.1. Just for the record I would have preferred Grant, Robson, B Smith but we desperately need an attacking 9 with a kicking option and Hunt might be an option to consider.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ennis was talking him up at HT but after that game I reckon Cam Smith is cooked... Couldn't handle that pace and had multiple errors in his game and some poor pass selection at times. I think this will be his last season. So the question is who will storm keep as their 9, B.Smith or Grant ? I really liked what I saw from Grant tonight and really looks to be the better all round hooker. But the big cheese has that power and X factor about him. Tough call to make

Last edited:

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like the idea of Ben Hunt except for the price. As a left field option and I know this goes against my own grain of no “dickeads”, but what about Jack de belin?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of Ben Hunt except for the price. As a left field option and I know this goes against my own grain of no “dickeads”, but what about Jack de belin?
Will Jack be able to get released on game days?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
29 and hasn't played footy for almost two years now? I think we need a second rower more than lock but maybe that's because I rate Elliott a bit higher than most. I'd much rather Bateman over de Belin. Bateman can also play lock if we wanted. I like Hunt too for hooker if Dragons chipped in ~500k.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
These sort of players we should be signing, weren't we supposed to search the globe and bring the best of the best talent to belmore?
We obviously aren’t selling the club well enough. This weekend has shown how important quality spine players are. Would it have been so bad to pay overs for Grant, Koroisau or Robson? We’re at the stage where fixing this needs to be a priority and we stop using makeshift players

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
have said several times brisbane have some quality players in their feeder clubs waiting to be picked up, tesi niu just another in a string of them, carrigan, stags, dearden, flegler all were in briabane system with no interest shown by other clubs, toby rudolph was another, sharks picked him up after qcup gf
Someone recommended Tesi Niu the other day. "Brisbane have fended off interest from NRL rivals to secure the signature of a player some at the club are calling the Broncos’ most exciting fullback talent since Darren Lockyer."

https://www.couriermail.com.au/subs...k=4039c001c7f636c0d433d573c338e46e-1590840411

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
29 and hasn't played footy for almost two years now? I think we need a second rower more than lock but maybe that's because I rate Elliott a bit higher than most. I'd much rather Bateman over de Belin. Bateman can also play lock if we wanted. I like Hunt too for hooker if Dragons chipped in ~500k.
I reckon Elliot should be our left edge backrower ATM . See if he can make a fist of it. If he plays well it makes like potentially alot easier for the coach to run with
11. Bateman (if we sign him)
12. Elliot
13. Jackson
Keeps Bateman on his prefered right edge, which will also keep him away from Lewis if he continues to get selected...