Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Pay has talked a bit about bringing local talent through. So going out and buying expensive players from elsewhere doesnt seem likely too soon. We have $2 million worth of players coming for 2018 as is.

Maybe when mozzes retire we might need a few backs. I reckon that may be more like end 2019 barring serious injury. And we may have some talent coming through to replace them by then. We "found" Montoya this year. We may find others without spending $1 million per player

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rts unless mbye kills it at fb but will need a good centre and winger to replace morris boys

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pay has talked a bit about bringing local talent through. So going out and buying expensive players from elsewhere doesnt seem likely too soon. We have $2 million worth of players coming for 2018 as is.

Maybe when mozzes retire we might need a few backs. I reckon that may be more like end 2019 barring serious injury. And we may have some talent coming through to replace them by then. We "found" Montoya this year. We may find others without spending $1 million per player
Whilst I agree that we should be bringing our own through we still need to find established players to guide them, were in the need of a superstar in my opinion.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Whilst I agree that we should be bringing our own through we still need to find established players to guide them, were in the need of a superstar in my opinion.
Foran if right is. Woods is a core origin player. Plenty experience incoming.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looking at woods stats this year, and only 2 forwards had more average metres, and more average hit ups than woods!
Taumalolo and Gallen!
Now I know wherebeen burnt on the stats rubbish from Hasler but I thought it was worth pointing out

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Looking at woods stats this year, and only 2 forwards had more average metres, and more average hit ups than woods!
Taumalolo and Gallen!
Now I know wherebeen burnt on the stats rubbish from Hasler but I thought it was worth pointing out
He gets those stats and is a walk up origin selection. Hes been in a shit team with a shit coach and no culture. Hes coming to a club that is better (even this year when we had Desball), to play with his best mate, for what has to be a better coach, to a club with plenty culture. He should be even better.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It would be nice to be getting quality emerging in our juniors by/before then. We have some guys with potential coming through the system and from an optimistic point of view, hopefully the young guys will be knocking down the door to get a run in two years.

I don't want to have to sign established stars to fill positions anymore. I look at the years when I started paying a lot of attention to football and remember signing guys who had shown sparse glimpses of their ability which other clubs couldn't put polish on. Andrew Ryan, Mark O'Meley, Nigel Vagana, Luke Patten are all examples of this. With Ryan and O'Meley they had both emerged with a bang before losing form. We signed them and turned them into established stars iand regular rep level players n short periods. Patten and Vagana had both dropped back into the lower grades and we turned them into better than average players in our side. We even managed to scalp guys like Tonga who jumped into the queensland origin team within a year after a handful of NRL games at Parra. Lesser clubs signed stars in the past while we found them in the rubble and polished them here at the dogs. The manly influence of Hasler and Cleal has seen us move away from that and it's meant that we've gone ten years without a premiership. I want premierships again but I want them to be won by players that have predominantly come through the ranks or weren't signed with already huge reputations.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
According to Pay our next FB will come from within.... lol.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Latrell Mitchell and Cotric would be first two I'd go for straight away. Latrell is a fukn weapon. He is only going to get better. Cotric is still raw and has massive potential.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Well we had Jade Anderson but the club let him go...

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
With Grahams bit, eastwood, moz bros off the books for 19 we need to recruit a gun fullback any of rts, Mitchell and crotic would be amazing. Crotic tipped to sign new deal soon, rts maybe if he’s sick of losing, Mitchell could be a big chance if we paid enough. We should sing one of them. Any ffs we need a fullback. Still waiting for that rockstar since 2014?!

Ideally with all that money I’d see a star fullback signed from them. A quality forward : papalii, brown, Crichton, cordner all off contract. No chance on cordner you would think. The best thing would be if the turbo bros had a fall out with Manly. Jake and Tom are perfect fixes and with klem and woodsy they are bum chums with Jake

Last edited:

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be over the moon if we signed Tom and Jake. Tom because he is an instinctive player with real speed and Jake because he reminds me of what our pack used to be like. Other than that we need to get serious about junior development because that is where the real gems come from. Mullholland would be a great pickup because he could pick the good ones.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If there is one real weakness in the team, it would be centre. I would promote Mbye to the centre.
He has good speed, can tackle, and is a good support player. thats his position.
I dont think he has the football smarts to do any good at FB. And he isnt creative enough to play half, 5/8 or hooker.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Word here in NZ is RTS is looking for a Sydney club in 2019. There is no way he is going to resign at the Warriors.

He sees no future for himself at the club even though he is captain and actually wants to do well at the game and not just collect a pay check. He has gone backwards at the Warriors like everyone else does.

We need to act fast.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Word here in NZ is RTS is looking for a Sydney club in 2019. There is no way he is going to resign at the Warriors.

He sees no future for himself at the club even though he is captain and actually wants to do well at the game and not just collect a pay check. He has gone backwards at the Warriors like everyone else does.

We need to act fast.
Would he make All Blacks?

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
I still want cronk haha
But rts is my 1 pick
Josh Papalii and latrell Miitchell
Would be nice as hell

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latrell Mitchell and Cotric would be first two I'd go for straight away. Latrell is a fukn weapon. He is only going to get better. Cotric is still raw and has massive potential.
We missed the boat with Mitchell & won’t play for the Dogs. Cotric is still growing & will fill out to be an awesome centre/winger/back rower

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

We need to act fast.
With the Morris bros and Eastwood most likely departed the club next year i'm sure we could EASILY afford him.

Status
Not open for further replies.