Official 2019 Bulldogs Members Forum (Concluded) - See update P10

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
That is all a massive assumption on your part. The players are off contract but you have no idea if we have 5% cap space this year or any other specific cap numbers.
The 5% free cap space was known by many, please feel free to do your own research. Plus 5% of $9.6m is only $480k so it's not "massive" anyway. The players off contract are known, the minimum NRL player payment is $105k, how many do you think are on the minimum, you do the maths and see what you end up with.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The 5% free cap space was known by many, please feel free to do your own research. Plus 5% of $9.6m is only $480k so it's not "massive" anyway. The players off contract are known, the minimum NRL player payment is $105k, how many do you think are on the minimum, you do the maths and see what you end up with.

Go Dogs
No the 5% isn't "known by many" another assumption on your part. You have no idea and are guessing it all.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume the back ended deals will ratchet up another level next year , the players off contract would be closer to minimum wage so not sure where the cash for signings will come from for next year. seems to me the money will be available for the 21 season.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
No the 5% isn't "known by many" another assumption on your part. You have no idea and are guessing it all.
There is a Football Club forum tonight, why don't you go along and ask the question "Do we have any cap space free this year?" Do it in public or do it in private after the meeting, as I did after the last forum where my question was "Do we still have around the 5% free as allowed" the answer was "yes, around that". Please let us know what answer you get.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is a Football Club forum tonight, why don't you go along and ask the question "Do we have any cap space free this year?" Do it in public or do it in private after the meeting, as I did after the last forum where my question was "Do we still have around the 5% free as allowed" the answer was "yes, around that". Please let us know what answer you get.

Go Dogs
So now its gone from known by many that i was asked to research to a question you asked at a forum.......

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So now its gone from known by many that i was asked to research to a question you asked at a forum.......
Nice try, I wasn't the only one who asked. I was simply suggesting that one should do their own research if they doubt others.

Go Dogs

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Yeah because the club is really going to tell you or any other Joe blow the amount of cap space they have, if any

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone talking about percentages of player wages and having 1mil, 2mil etc etc and all seem to be the accountant at the dogs!! Seriously, enough is enough... you are all forgetting that Lynne Anderson communicated with us the fans and strictly pointed out that 2020 was going to be a tough year salary cap wise due to further back ended contracts...

WE ARENT SIGNING ANYONE UNTIL 2021... signings will be made next year for the following year... unless we are able to player swap or negotiate a release nothing will happen.

Move on

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah because the club is really going to tell you or any other Joe blow the amount of cap space they have, if any
I don't consider myself any other Joe Blow walking in off the street, I'm a season ticket holder (many, many seasons) a club Member, I vote and like any other "shareholder" I expect the Board to answer reasonable questions. Of course there is "commercially sensitive" information that I would not ask, simply because I would not expect to receive an answer.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone talking about percentages of player wages and having 1mil, 2mil etc etc and all seem to be the accountant at the dogs!! Seriously, enough is enough... you are all forgetting that Lynne Anderson communicated with us the fans and strictly pointed out that 2020 was going to be a tough year salary cap wise due to further back ended contracts...
WE ARENT SIGNING ANYONE UNTIL 2021... signings will be made next year for the following year... unless we are able to player swap or negotiate a release nothing will happen.
Move on
If I may be so bold as to quote Lynne, the Thursday before the Manly game, we "may not see "daylight" until 2020-21".

Go Dogs

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I may be so bold as to quote Lynne, the Thursday before the Manly game, we "may not see "daylight" until 2020-21".

Go Dogs
It’s just a waiting game... it’s gonna be like this for another 18months to say the least... I’m just sick of reading that they’re upset at the board for not putting answers out there, yet there is a members forum tonight and yet people are saying that they’re not gonna go cause they think it’s all pre staged... smh

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't consider myself any other Joe Blow walking in off the street, I'm a season ticket holder (many, many seasons) a club Member, I vote and like any other "shareholder" I expect the Board to answer reasonable questions. Of course there is "commercially sensitive" information that I would not ask, simply because I would not expect to receive an answer.

Go Dogs
Because the clubs dont lie to their fans

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s just a waiting game... it’s gonna be like this for another 18months to say the least... I’m just sick of reading that they’re upset at the board for not putting answers out there, yet there is a members forum tonight and yet people are saying that they’re not gonna go cause they think it’s all pre staged... smh
Your right mate it is what it is,we can talk about it till the cows come home
But won’t change hard facts and the position the club are in
For me personally I will keep going to games,taken out membership
Support them and know things will be better in 12 months

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Because the clubs dont lie to their fans
Of course I'm a fan, like we all are (well most of us anyway) , but I'm also a "shareholder" and I have the same vote as any other member.

Go Dogs

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Of course I'm a fan, like we all are (well most of us anyway) , but I'm also a "shareholder" and I have the same vote as any other member.

Go Dogs
Get the "shareholder" idea out of your head!

You are a numpty to them just like the rest of us

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Move on
Well there wont be any fans left by then

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's old now, but why not offer James Roby a 1year deal with us with an option in his favour for a second season if we are going infact groom Hetherington. If that's to hard I'd be happy with Mitch Rein at 9 and rotate him with the young fella.