2019 Australian Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
https://ausopen.com/draws

In my opinion, the best grand slam on the calendar.

256 players from around the globe descend on Melbourne Park for the first grand slam of the tennis calendar. Let's go!

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
My friend's brother is playing in this tournament. Young 19 year old aussie Alexei Popyrin. Was ranked 600 a year ago. Down to 150 now. Bright future coming up

Wahesh

Reaction score
Here's a pleasant surprise - American Bethanie Mattek-Sands has been eliminated by 22 year old Aussie girl Zoe Hives. Another Aussie, Astra Sharma, is through to round 2 after beating Priscilla Hon (also Australian) in 3 sets.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Nick has a really tough draw. Wont make it paste the first week lol. Not even in the top 50 anymore. What a waste of talent.

All eyes on Alex de Minaur. 19 and already in the top 30. Australia's next big hope

Wahesh

Reaction score
I think a Semi Final finish by Nick.
I'd like to think so but the bloke just doesn't give a rats arse. His approach to the game is poor. I mean people thought Hewitt and Philippoussis were bad when they were kids... they're practically angels compared to this bloke.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Nick has a really tough draw. Wont make it paste the first week lol. Not even in the top 50 anymore. What a waste of talent.

All eyes on Alex de Minaur. 19 and already in the top 30. Australia's next big hope
Yeah Alex D is out next big thing. He's got a steady head on his shoulders, let's hope it stays that way. Glad he won Sydney (he's a Sydney boy) Currently, he's the 2nd youngest player in the top 100. Really hope he has a good career.

Malla

Reaction score
I'd like to think so but the bloke just doesn't give a rats arse. His approach to the game is poor. I mean people thought Hewitt and Philippoussis were bad when they were kids... they're practically angels compared to this bloke.
I see a bit of a change in him thus far, hopefully it can translate to good results.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Australian Open is my favourite, as it's the Grand Slam of the Asia-Pacific....

Wahesh

Reaction score
@Wahesh ... there's still time whilst she is in Australia! It's your destiny!!!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ooking-hot-date-uploading-seductive-snap.html
Oh man... what happened to the humble Eugenie Bouchard, the one who was hot but didn't know it? The one who was super friendly and warm? Why has she gone down the path of being one of those "Girls these days..." threads candidates? Why can't she be the one I fell in love with? Stop being up yourself Genie.... please go back to your 2014 form :(

Wahesh

Reaction score
Australian Open is my favourite, as it's the Grand Slam of the Asia-Pacific....
Get French Connection United Kingdom mate. It's the Grand Slam of AUSTRALIA!!!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Both Aus #1's Alex D and Ash Barty both through in straight sets.

Angelique Kerber (my personal favorite) also through in straight sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.