• No, Still need a fullback moving forward

Votes: 22 91.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Getting back to the original question.......If it is true that foran has signed then im thinking our spine will be somewhat like this:

1. Abbey/Mbye
6. Foran/Mbye
7. Foran/Frawley
9. Mbye/woolford

I think any combination of these could work. But who knows. There must be something more in the wind if we have saved 500k on Reynolds. Maybe it will just allow us to not shed any other players, but i get the feeling we have more signings to come.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bullshit. If he's that crap, why did Cleary throw cash at him? Why were better teams than us like the sharks interested? Probably because they are smart enough to see Reynbolds is a running half who has never had an opportunity to play with a good organisational halfback.....and he's never had proper halves coaching. Ben Hunt signed on for around 1 mill a season reportedly. Reynolds is 5x the player thgat donkey is. face it mate, you haters and naysayers don't know your arses from your elbows. Reynolds is a quality player who has ALWAYS BLED BLUE AND WHITE and done some great things for us despite never having proper mentorship. Some of you are total ingrates.[/
Never said he was crap. I mentioned him
as inconsistent and erratic. On his day, he can tear teams apart and that barley happens. The sharks were only interested in him due to Townstead's contract situation. After townstead re-signing. There hasn't been any talk of Reynolds to the sharks. As for the tigers, they have lost 3/4 of their top players and have money to spend. They need to rebuild and overspend on some players. We did that 09.

I was a huge fan of Reynolds when he first started until the tripping, the massive lapses in defence and the lack of development started to show after a good 2012 season. If Reynolds was so good as you make it out to be the storm, the knights, the broncos and Rabbitohs who need a 5/8 would have been linked with him. Good luck to him at the Tigers.

Last edited:

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hold on, isn't that exactly what we did with Barba??!! 4 years on and we're still waiting for a true replacement.
How is getting rid of a drug addict comparable with a good clubman like Reynolds deciding to take a pay rise elsewhere? Barba was released because he "just had to go home to Qld to help his family get put back together". It was a compassionate release not an upgrade. We got Bmoz who is a superstar FB in 2015 ie. the next year. Not our fault his knee dug through to China at Brookie and buggered him for 18 months. How much money do you think we have for FB's? He's back there now and showing he is still a top class FB.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Getting back to the original question.......If it is true that foran has signed then im thinking our spine will be somewhat like this:

1. Abbey/Mbye
6. Foran/Mbye
7. Foran/Frawley
9. Mbye/woolford

I think any combination of these could work. But who knows. There must be something more in the wind if we have saved 500k on Reynolds. Maybe it will just allow us to not shed any other players, but i get the feeling we have more signings to come.
It should be
Abbey
Mbye
Foran
Woolford/Lichaa

Despite how rubbish Lichaa has been. I feel Hasler has invested too much in him to let him go. He still only young and woolford cannot even get a start over Garvey in NSW cup.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hold on, isn't that exactly what we did with Barba??!! 4 years on and we're still waiting for a true replacement.
There was a whole lote more shit going on with the whole ben barba saga.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Never said he was crap. I mentioned him
as inconsistent and erratic. On his day, he can tear teams apart and that barley happens. The sharks were only interested in him due to Townstead's contract situation. After townstead re-signing. There hasn't been any talk of Reynolds to the sharks. As for the tigers, they have lost 3/4 of their top players and have money to spend. They need to rebuild and overspend on some players. We did that 09.

I was a huge fan of Reynolds when he first started until the tripping, the massive lapses in defence and the lack of development started to show after a good 2012 season. If Reynolds was so good as you make it out to be, the storm, the knights, the broncos and Rabbitohs who need a 5/8 would be linked with him however that isn't the case. Good luck to him at the Tigers.
You're stick in the past mate. He was consistently good for us last year and has been again this year.hes still getting better too. To let him go for an alleged match fixer and s of confessed recovering gambling addict with so many mental issues is just out and out insane.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yeah he'll be a walk up start for a club most agreed after losing its best three players was the worst squad in the NRL. Two Cronulla he was seen as a bench utility and would never be on the run on team. I think you'll find out offer we made was more than what The sharks made.

but keep it going let's see what else you got....
Cleary tapped one of those so called best three players on the shoulder (the one who plays Reynolds' position) and signed Reynolds mate, but don't let the truth get in the way of a good bullshit fest.

No. Clue.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It should be
Abbey
Mbye
Foran
Woolford/Lichaa
To be fair im pretty sure woolford is still eligible for under 20s unlike garvey. But i agree to a degree with lichaa. If we let him go no doubt he will be better over the next few years with a different club. But if we keep him and he doesnt improve then we have made a massive mistake!! Also, where does this leave mbye? Personally i think he would be best suited at FB. Again, where does this leave Abbey.
This is the thing, theres actually so many options. And i still think we will chase another signing or two.

Despite how rubbish Lichaa has been. I feel Hasler has invested too much in him to let him go. He still only young and woolford cannot even get a start over Garvey in NSW cup.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Sharks were reportedly interested because Townsend was lagging on Re-signing with them. All the top line halves are signed already. Cronk is the only other big name but clubs aren't willing to wait for his decision.

Tigers threw money at him purely out of desperation. They lost 3 of their big 4. The fans are filthy about their management. They needed to save face. I don't blame him for taking the money. I would.

But realistically he's been here 6 years. He hasn't developed. Maybe it's des? Maybe it's him. Who knows. But the fact is he's had time to develop his fundamental skills as a half, and he still runs sideways. Can't organise shit. Can't kick well. Can't tackle. That is why he's worth 500,000. Compare him to Widdop who signed with dragons on similar money? There is no comparison.
I hatch a crock of received bullshit. Cleary told Moses to look elsewhere so he could sign Reynolds.

You have no capacity to measure unquantifiables and no real understanding of what Reynolds adds to our team imo. Cleary does.

If you want to look at it another way, Reynolds must be a pretty outstanding talent to have played (and helped nsw win) origin and made two grand finals as a half despite never benefitting from proper halves coaching.

You just don't understand his worth. Like many on here. Many of us do though.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If reports that we only offered Reynolds 500k are accurate. That is absolutely disgraceful.
Agreed how the fck could we risk wrecking our future with that dud playing with us for another 5 years by offering him more money then he is worth and money he would have considered staying for. 300k would be the offer for him, NSW cup halves spot and and backup injury player

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
You're stick in the past mate. He was consistently good for us last year and has been again this year.hes still getting better too. To let him go for an alleged match fixer and s of confessed recovering gambling addict with so many mental issues is just out and out insane.
Let's hope Foran kills it for us then. We all know how good he is of a player. Look at the teams he has played for Manly, Eels, Kiwis & Warriors. He just makes them more competitive and plays more direct. We didn't let Reynolds go, we offered him a contract he didn't agree too so he left and took the better offer which was financially better.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Let's hope Foran kills it us then. We all know how good he is of a player. Look at the teams he has played for Manly, Eels, Kiwis & Warriors. He just makes them more competitive and plays more direct. We didn't let Reynolds go, we offered him a contract he didn't agree too so he left and took the better offer which was financially better.
Don't s agree. We made him an offer that was insulting. I don't want us to go well next year with Foran. I'm hoping we win it this year. I'll worry about next year when I get to it. I think I might take a year or two off nrl next year. I don't want to be around when the foran thong blows up in our face. I guess I'll still be here, but I am really not looking forward to bedt year and would rather avoid focusing on it for as long as possible tbh.

My focus is 100 percent on this year.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Agreed how the fck could we risk wrecking our future with that dud playing with us for another 5 years by offering him more money then he is worth and money he would have considered staying for. 300k would be the offer for him, NSW cup halves spot and and backup injury player
I detect some sarcasm! Haha.

We all know yourself, Godverys and Gotenks were all hokntcraidong the cat Reynolds ran over all those years ago. There, there! :p

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hatch a crock of received bullshit. Cleary told Moses to look elsewhere so he could sign Reynolds.

You have no capacity to measure unquantifiables and no real understanding of what Reynolds adds to our team imo. Cleary does.

If you want to look at it another way, Reynolds must be a pretty outstanding talent to have played (and helped nsw win) origin and made two grand finals as a half despite never benefitting from proper halves coaching.

You just don't understand his worth. Like many on here. Many of us do though.
To be fair, if the tigers had re signed moses i dont think this discussion would even be happening.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

1. BMoz
6. Foran
7. Frawly
9. Mbye

1. Abbey
6. Foran
7. Frawly
9. Mbye

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
To be fair, if the tigers had re signed moses i dont think this discussion would even be happening.
I honestly think they tipped him in the shoulder. That's why he wants the immediate release.ckwary didn't want him. No other reason he'd be chucking a tantrum and wanting to leave early. Moses is highly overrated and Reynolds highly underrated by our fan base it seems.

Anyway I wish we weren't having the discussion, for whatever reason.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thinking outside the box for a minute Dane Gagai elusive, strong and quick ??? Would be a good fullback if he could make the transition from center, wing.
I have always entertained the idea of Gagai at fullback next year (if he is willing) if it doesn't work we will need a center to replace J. Morris the year after anyway.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can we stop fkn talking about Woolford for hooker when he can't even get a start in reserve grade!

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 Bmoz
6 Mbye
7 Foran
9 Leech

What I think it will be, not necessarily what it should be.

If Leech goes, then it will be
1 Bmoz
6 Foran
7 Frawley
9 Mbye

Status
Not open for further replies.