2018 kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like most clubs we have way too many jerseys and almost all of them are horrible.

We should be wearing our traditional jerseys and heritage jerseys and no others unless it's indigenous round etc.

We should never, ever have another movie jersey again. But whoever has been designing the jerseys and merchandise the last 5 years has to go because it's one thing to play ugly but they look ugly too!
Totally agree, the training shirts, singlets have been terrible, I cant stand that machine type look

coreyhart

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

coreyhart

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
lads lets change the recent topics a little bit

I would love next year to change our kits:

Home jersey stays the same, but with 2 white stripes on the shorts and back the socks white stripes on them, the ones like our 1995 kit. the stripes were different thicknesses

Away Jersey should see the black gone and replaced with white, I hate the black on our jerseys

I also think clubs should only have 3 jerseys.. Home, Away and Heritage. the amount of jerseys at the moment as out of control. If a see the Bulldogs wearing an Alternative jersey again I will scream

To Celebrate certain things through the year cant they just have a special badge or something. We have already worn Home, Away, Heritage, Anzac, Alternative and Indigenous.....
100% Spot on. There should be no more than 3 jerseys. Home ; Away & possibly heritage. A Special badge on the Home or Away jersey worn for Women in League / Indigenous / ANZAC rounds etc etc etc.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Castle said at the AGM that the black jersey is changing next year and there will be a lot less black in our merchandise. She didn't say what would replace the black jersey but hopefully it's a reverse of the home one.

She also said that KIA wouldn't have any other colour besides the red logo for their first year but were open to change it after that.
I think KIA uses different colours in other teams around the world so hopefully we can get a blue one.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Totally agree, the training shirts, singlets have been terrible, I cant stand that machine type look
I went to the dogs stand on the weekend to buy a polo and just couldn't do it. They don't look classy enough.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
100% Spot on. There should be no more than 3 jerseys. Home ; Away & possibly heritage. A Special badge on the Home or Away jersey worn for Women in League / Indigenous / ANZAC rounds etc etc etc.
Kinda get what your saying. In a way it cheapens the jersey having so many iterations. But I dont see a problem looking at the bigger picture.
The modern generation want everything customized or personalized and having different jerseys is just an extension of that.

Also, if only one club had an indigenous and/or a pink womens jersey for instance, dont you think that club would have marketing advantage to those groups and also probably would attract 'some' indigenous players.

If we are the only club without an indigenous jersey I think it disadvantages the club on those two fronts.

It is just another example of poor management imo.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think KIA uses different colours in other teams around the world so hopefully we can get a blue one.
Don't like our chances of blue when Ford has a blue oval shaped logo too. I think black would be the best we could hope for.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't like our chances of blue when Ford has a blue oval shaped logo too. I think black would be the best we could hope for.
I'm sure the marketing geniuses will come up with something, but I thought I saw a series of KIA logos on various sports outfits around the world, maybe on here, and one of them was blue.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the marketing geniuses will come up with something, but I thought I saw a series of KIA logos on various sports outfits around the world, maybe on here, and one of them was blue.
Isn't KIA owned by Hyundai? That would really bring back some memories.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay, I know I'm old and getting older and yes, I'm pretty keen on tradition. But please tell me if I've missed something here. Aren't our club colours just blue and whie? Where the hell did the black come from?

If we're just blue and white, they're the only colours all we should display in all three grades. Any other colour alterations should be kept for training jerseys only.

I think the home jersey should be of white background with blue vees. The away jersey of blue background and white vees. The heritage jersey a white background with horizontal blue hoops with the "thick / thin" design.

I also agree with berries1935 about the white stripes on the socks; but the shorts IMO should remain plain blue. That's all folks :grinning::grinning::grinning:

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Okay, I know I'm old and getting older and yes, I'm pretty keen on tradition. But please tell me if I've missed something here. Aren't our club colours just blue and whie? Where the hell did the black come from?

If we're just blue and white, they're the only colours all we should display in all three grades. Any other colour alterations should be kept for training jerseys only.

I think the home jersey should be of white background with blue vees. The away jersey of blue background and white vees. The heritage jersey a white background with horizontal blue hoops with the "thick / thin" design.

I also agree with berries1935 about the white stripes on the socks; but the shorts IMO should remain plain blue. That's all folks :grinning::grinning::grinning:
While I prefer the straight blue and white, I do remember reading an article during the superleague war that identified merchandise that sells the best has 3 colours and not 2 in it. That's what started the clubs adding extra colours into their strip.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
While I prefer the straight blue and white, I do remember reading an article during the superleague war that identified merchandise that sells the best has 3 colours and not 2 in it. That's what started the clubs adding extra colours into their strip.
Thanks for that Oatley Dog.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cows have a big red Toyota symbol on the front. Have done for ages.

I agree a blue Kia would look better, but from an advertising perspective red stands out.

Of course, being linked to a team of plodders with no speed can't be ideal...

Status
Not open for further replies.