2018 FIFA World Cup - Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was talking about the Croatia player that beat Schmichel and was certain to score if Jorgenson didn't tackle him from behind in the box that was a penalty.

Croatia missed the penalty but Schmichel came off his line. Even the commentary said it should have been replayed but again they let it go.
How that was not a red card i will never know

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I have no idea how that was not a red card. I am SO GLAD Croatia won that penalty shoot out. IMO justice was done well.

As for Spain... well I don't think that golden team they had back in 2010 will be replicated in this life time. That was their chance and they took it with both hands, and good on them.

Generally speaking, the hosts can be pretty hard to beat. At least they didn't lose it in regular time.

Wahesh

Reaction score
A couple more thrillers coming up:

Brazil v Mexico

Mexico have been very impressive this year. I think that Brazil will win, but Mexico will make them work for it. It will not a rollover.

Belgium v Japan

I can't see the Japs getting through. Belgium are the dark horse of this tournament and will surprise many. It will be a major upset if Japan win. However no one is certain in a World Cup.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have no idea how that was not a red card. I am SO GLAD Croatia won that penalty shoot out. IMO justice was done well.

As for Spain... well I don't think that golden team they had back in 2010 will be replicated in this life time. That was their chance and they took it with both hands, and good on them.

Generally speaking, the hosts can be pretty hard to beat. At least they didn't lose it in regular time.
Ridiculous only giving it a yellow. He was impeded from scoring what was a certain goal. Goalie was beat for all money and no defense in front of goal. Illegal tackle from behind. Even after reviewing it they still got it wrong. As you said, i think Croatia winning it eventually was justice. I know my best mate is very happy today ( he is Croatian )

It's pretty crazy how many of the "stronger nations" have already been knocked out of the World Cup. Brazil and France would be favorites but it would be nice to see someone else take it out, apart from the poms cuz watching them fail is always entertaining.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Ridiculous only giving it a yellow. He was impeded from scoring what was a certain goal. Goalie was beat for all money and no defense in front of goal. Illegal tackle from behind. Even after reviewing it they still got it wrong. As you said, i think Croatia winning it eventually was justice. I know my best mate is very happy today ( he is Croatian )

It's pretty crazy how many of the "stronger nations" have already been knocked out of the World Cup. Brazil and France would be favorites but it would be nice to see someone else take it out, apart from the poms cuz watching them fail is always entertaining.
I got an old mate who's Croatian as well, no doubt he'll be happy. I also feel for them because of all the war and fallout with other nations. I really hope they do well. I certainly want Belgium to go far but Brazil... they might just be their speed hump unfortunately.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
because spain wins that game 97 times out of 100, a lucky penalty and the refs ignoring a judo throw in the box is what fucked me

its ok this only helps my main prediction that its a belgium/sweden final because now that whole section is wide open, hopefully denmark stops croatia as well
Would mind seeing Belgium in the final. It's a shame Brazil and Belgium are on the same side of the tree.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Would mind seeing Belgium in the final. It's a shame Brazil and Belgium are on the same side of the tree.
Belgium and Croatia are on opposite sides of the draw. However even if Belgium beat Japan, I don't think they will beat Brazil. I'm pissed off about that :(

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Belgium and Croatia are on opposite sides of the draw. However even if Belgium beat Japan, I don't think they will beat Brazil. I'm pissed off about that :(
I'm pretty confident Belgium will beat Japan.

Early call for tonight's games...

Brazil 2 (5) Mexico 2 (3)
Belgium 2 Japan 1

Not much of a punter, but could this prediction be made into a multi, if so how much would it pay?

Last edited:

Wahesh

Reaction score
I'm pretty confident Belgium will beat Japan.

Early call for tonight's games...

Brazil 2 (5) Mexico 2 (3)
Belgium 2 Japan 1
I'm secretly hoping Mexico will go through because I think they'll be Belgiums preferred opponent (please don't kill me, I'm aware that there are 12 million Lebanese people in Brazil who'll probably want my blood now :tearsofjoy:).

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm secretly hoping Mexico will go through because I think they'll be Belgiums preferred opponent (please don't kill me, I'm aware that there are 12 million Lebanese people in Brazil who'll probably want my blood now :tearsofjoy:).
You know I have a soft spot for Mehico, Cancun, tequila and tacos live there lol.

I honestly don't mind who wins it apart from England and Uruguay

PS more Assyrians in Brazil than in Australia lol Plus apparently there is an Assyrian bloke in the Swedish team.

Wahesh

Reaction score
You know I have a soft spot for Mehico, Cancun, tequila and tacos live there lol.

PS more Assyrians in Brazil than in Australia lol Plus apparently there is an Assyrian bloke in the Swedish team.
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: Taco's - bro you just reminded me of something.

Listen to this song - pay close attention to the background vocals - don't you think it sounds like they're saying "We love tacos" towards the end?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: Taco's - bro you just reminded me of something.

Listen to this song - pay close attention to the background vocals - don't you think it sounds like they're saying "We love tacos" towards the end?

Bahahahahaha kind of does!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

I like beefing tacos :p

Also, Mexico has Yenet Garcia. The hottest weather woman on tv with an arse that will hypnotize you for days!!
images.jpg

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
That wasn't a lucky penalty. That's a clear penalty every day of the week. As bad, if not worse than umtitis against us.
no its lucky that they got that penalty, its lucky that the hand was raised and lucky that it hit it because it was a nothing situation

another clear penalty every day of the week was russia judo throwing spanish players down in the box to avoid them getting the ball, in the goal he turns around and makes an nrl tackle then in the penalty shout 2 of them drag down spanish players

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhCta90WkAA6t-x.jpg

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
no its lucky that they got that penalty, its lucky that the hand was raised and lucky that it hit it because it was a nothing situation

another clear penalty every day of the week was russia judo throwing spanish players down in the box to avoid them getting the ball, in the goal he turns around and makes an nrl tackle then in the penalty shout 2 of them drag down spanish players

Leave Uncle Putin alone lol

Wahesh

Reaction score

Remember what happened in Sochi a few years ago? Terrorists made threats to cause death and ruin the game killing thousands or innocent people. Once these threats were made public, the terrorists were never heard of again. THAT is how Putin deals with terrorists.

Now STFU before Putin reads this post.

PS I'm also burning as I support Spain, but I'm not stupid enough to threaten Vlad.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Remember what happened in Sochi a few years ago? Terrorists made threats to cause death and ruin the game killing thousands or innocent people. Once these threats were made public, the terrorists were never heard of again. THAT is how Putin deals with terrorists.

Now STFU before Putin reads this post.

PS I'm also burning as I support Spain, but I'm not stupid enough to threaten Vlad.
I know you feel the same way about Putin tbh but don't worry say what you want about him I guarantee he can't do anything to either one of us

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Argentina have never been so bad but we deservedly got knocked out.

Hope Croatia takes out the cup.

Top team with nutter supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.