2018 and our incoming recruits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Was thinking about this today....

Foran and 'Manu Brown will be headed our way next season. There's no way either signed on for NSW Cup, which makes it interesting.

Both have played majority of first grade at five-eighth.

As has Frawley.

So the million dollar question is who goes into the halves in 2018?

Perhaps the key is Michael Lichaa remaining unsigned to date.

Could we be looking at:

6. Frawley/Brown
7. Foran
9. Mbye

???
Frawley is still unsigned

I'd have him at 7

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I still think we will re-sign Lichaa.

I think spine will be:

1. Hoppa
6. Mbye
7. Foran
9. Lichaa
14. Brown

Id like:

1. Hoppa
6. Jesus
7. Foran
9. Mbye
14. Brown

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whoever plays next to Foran next year will look world class including the myth Mbye

Reactions: DT

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Could Frawley play hooker possibly?

Looking at Forans passing yesterday though, if Mbye was #9 and with Foran in the halves, there should be some crisp delivery next year.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Just one time can Des get the playing roster to be lean and fit. We need some speed, overweight plodding players including backs cant cut it anymore

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Could Frawley play hooker possibly?

Looking at Forans passing yesterday though, if Mbye was #9 and with Foran in the halves, there should be some crisp delivery next year.
No because:

1. Poor passing especially left to right
2. Poor defence
3. Slow thinker

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mbye can be a good hooker. I don't think he can ever be a good half. Just hasn't shown any progression in his kicking game and playmaking abilities.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just one time can Des get the playing roster to be lean and fit. We need some speed, overweight plodding players including backs cant cut it anymore
Ideally we should lure someone like Billy Johnson back to the club. Hasler can choose to work players hard in fitness terms but having the right trainer on board would be far more effective than just making them run a lot.

With all the money at the disposal of the club they should be able to provide our players with personal trainers to work on healthy weight loss during the off-season. I get the impression that Kasiano probably screwed up his preseason diet. Probably not so much that he didn't work hard to lose weight, because photos show that he did. But if he did so in a manner that caused some muscle loss it can explain why he looked fit as hell in the preseason but then ballooned a little when the season began. Healthy weight loss for athletes usually involves funding the right balanced of nutrient intake as opposed to just cutting back to a salad diet. I'm not sure that Kas or his wife got that balance right prior to the season.

Dogs1938

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What shits me is that we could have such a deadly team next year and guess who wil fuck it up? Des Hasler... He has another set of players careers to fuck up, guess that's why he gets payed $1.5mil a year

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The game was won, Mooks took him off precautionary

He set up his usual few tries which is more than our halves have set up in the last 5 weeks
I can't believe some people don't think he can lift our side. I think the structures will change to suit his style of play BUT even if they didnt he would still do it better than shit house Mbye and Frawley.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't believe some people don't think he can lift our side. I think the structures will change to suit his style of play BUT even if they didnt he would still do it better than shit house Mbye and Frawley.
The jury should still be out on Frawley in my opinion, but you are correct about Foran and the possibility that he'll have a big impact on our fortunes. I wasn't that excited about his signing initially given his metal health issues and the fact that he was out injured to begin the season. But I've watched some warriors games and think he will prove to be a great signing. Part of getting the best from him will involve the club helping him with his issues, but he's been one of the best in an underperforming warriors outfit. I've seen comments from the warriors junior halves saying that he's provided then with some helpful insights into their games too. So hopefully whoever partners him in the hands can develop alongside him.

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Actually the only reason we snared Manu was because the Sharks had no openings (and at the time) had Maloney, Bird, Townsend battling for halves spots. Manu came to the club because he's been offered a first grade gig.

Cleeland came to the club with the chance to play first grade.

Note the difference.
if nu brown has been recruited to your club to play first grade the des really needs to have a good hard look at his recruitment strategies

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2018 how it stands at the moment.

Not 100% of the combination in and around the spine. Foran will play the 7 role regardless of what number Des puts on his back.
Mbye, Frawley and Brown can all play a role at 6, 9 and 14. I just want to see Mbye play minutes at hooker this year.

1. B Morris
2. C Stanley or (C Rona)
3. J Morris (wouldn't mind him seeing him at left side second row)
4. Hopoate
5. Montoya
6. Brown
7. Foran

8. Klemmer
9. Mbye
10. Woods
11. Jackson
12. Elliot
13. Graham

14. Frawley
15. Tolman
16. Fualolo
17. RFM

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Brown for bench utility?

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares anymore? Our level of talent is way below other clubs and Hasler has set this team back light years so I'm through looking to next season or what players will be coming as none of it will make a difference.

The fact that we're talking about Frawley, Hoppa, Mbye and Lichaa to fill in three of the four spine positions is a joke. Three of those four are reserve graders and Hoppa is the slowest and least threatening attacking fullback in the comp!
I know what you are saying. The dogs sign one of the best halves of the last 10 years and I am not even excited as I know our awful style of play will still be there which makes the signing redundant

Status
Not open for further replies.