Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It can only be that people suggest playing Foran at 7 due to super coach playing people out of their normal spots but Foran is a 6 and thats that!
I cant recall him playing 7 anywhere though maybe at parra due to Norman an at 6, not sure.

Any way Foran is a 6, the team selection should start like that then work around him.

And whilst im in the mood, Foran will be/should be captain come 2019 when Graham retires.
Foran is a halfback, clear as day tbh.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My 2018 how it stands at the moment.

Not 100% of the combination in and around the spine. Foran will play the 7 role regardless of what number Des puts on his back.
Mbye, Frawley and Brown can all play a role at 6, 9 and 14. I just want to see Mbye play minutes at hooker this year.

1. B Morris
2. C Stanley or (C Rona)
3. J Morris (wouldn't mind him seeing him at left side second row)
4. Hopoate
5. Montoya
6. Brown
7. Foran

8. Klemmer
9. Mbye
10. Woods
11. Jackson
12. Elliot
13. Graham

14. Frawley
15. Tolman
16. Fualolo
17. RFM

I'd love to see that team run out but with tualau on the bench instead of Frawley.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Yeah still no excuses for the shit Kas dishes up.

Look I hope Hasler gets the boot, this week!! But I'm not going to dish up excuses for players who are just taking us FANS for idiots dishing up shit week after week.
I stopped blaming players yrs ago because they are trying to follow a game plan that just doesn't work. . Well i do blame lichaa for not knowing how to pass but after yrs i would have thought thats something that can be taught.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And he'll probably miss another 2-3 weeks, I get he's a good player but seriously, we will be lucky to get him playing more than 50% of games.

That's good enough for me, if it means we make the finals and then he is fit and ready to go well that can't be a bad thing.

Better then a player like renoylds so plays the whole year and then come finals time he does nothing.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually the only reason we snared Manu was because the Sharks had no openings (and at the time) had Maloney, Bird, Townsend battling for halves spots. Manu came to the club because he's been offered a first grade gig.

Cleeland came to the club with the chance to play first grade.

Note the difference.
Correct. He's also the first choice replacement just like against the dogs. Has played first grade and is younger than Cleeland

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not entirely true, pretty sure he had a good year there in the halves and was gonna start there again the next season but did his acl. Think that was the year bird got a run there and then they signed maloney
Can't be too far down the pecking order since he was chosen to replace Maloney against us

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Foran is a halfback, clear as day tbh.
I believe he can handle either position as good as the other, he will be the best half's purchase since Terry Lamb except Terry was a better 5/8 than 1/2 back IMO

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I stopped blaming players yrs ago because they are trying to follow a game plan that just doesn't work. . Well i do blame lichaa for not knowing how to pass but after yrs i would have thought thats something that can be taught.
Allgood we will agree to disagree.

Yeah and Lichaa AWFUL.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I believe he can handle either position as good as the other, he will be the best half's purchase since Terry Lamb except Terry was a better 5/8 than 1/2 back IMO
Yes he will have no problem playing either role, but it's obvious for us he will need to play halfback for us to be any chance. I do think he is far more suited to this role anyway, his skillset perfectly suits this role and he has lost a load of pace so ideally you would want him on the ball earlier calling the shots rather than later with limited options. A lot depends on Hasler actually making the right call on our systems and playing with a more traditional halves pairing.

I do have massive doubts over the Foran signing though..he is physically and mentally unreliable at this stage and we will be his 4th club in 4 seasons. But while he is fit he has to be our halfback.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes he will have no problem playing either role, but it's obvious for us he will need to play halfback for us to be any chance. I do think he is far more suited to this role anyway, his skillset perfectly suits this role and he has lost a load of pace so ideally you would want him on the ball earlier calling the shots rather than later with limited options. A lot depends on Hasler actually making the right call on our systems and playing with a more traditional halves pairing.

I do have massive doubts over the Foran signing though..he is physically and mentally unreliable at this stage and we will be his 4th club in 4 seasons. But while he is fit he has to be our halfback.
Mentally, club should have it covered in clauses in his contract... physically, which player isnt a risk...

Lichaa has all but signed the paper on his new contract is what i am hearing.

Looks like it will be:

1. Hoppa
6. Mbye
7. Foran
9. Lichaa

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mentally, club should have it covered in clauses in his contract... physically, which player isnt a risk...

Lichaa has all but signed the paper on his new contract is what i am hearing.

Looks like it will be:

1. Hoppa
6. Mbye
7. Foran
9. Lichaa
Well i wouldn't say the club have it covered, if Foran loses his head then we lose our halfback lol. And physically he is at much more of a risk to cop an injury than the average NRL player. Any sort of minor injury to his hammy and he will he gone for a weeks.

That spine looks extremely disappointing and it's hard to see how anything can change. Lichaa just can't pass and other than Moses there is absolutely no speed. Slow slow slow. Slow forwards, slow backs and a slow coach..lol

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well i wouldn't say the club have it covered, if Foran loses his head then we lose our halfback lol. And physically he is at much more of a risk to cop an injury than the average NRL player. Any sort of minor injury to his hammy and he will he gone for a weeks.

That spine looks extremely disappointing and it's hard to see how anything can change. Lichaa just can't pass and other than Moses there is absolutely no speed. Slow slow slow. Slow forwards, slow backs and a slow coach..lol
Lol didnt say it was good. Just whats likely :(

Status
Not open for further replies.