2017 Grand Final Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone have a read on ticket sales? NRL email earlier today indicated the final release of tickets today/morrow.

~c.
Just went on Ticketek to do a little 'fishing'. Nosebleed tickets for families still available but would not pay nearly $500 for them.( talking level 4 and above- where we get shunted for reciprocal games at ANZ)

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Gronkos thought the Cowboys era was coming to an end but from 8th position they have gone further than the Gronkos bahahaha

Bennett & Darius in crisis

FAS33

Waterboy
Reaction score
Cowboys have good recent success.

2014 Semi Final
2015 made GF
2016 Preliminary Final
2017 made GF
2018 - JT, Matt Scott and Jordan McLean.

If not this year. We'll be hard to stop next year.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone have a read on ticket sales? NRL email earlier today indicated the final release of tickets today/morrow.

~c.
Surely it will not sell out. But plenty of people go even when their team is not there (NFI why).

Just went on Ticketek to do a little 'fishing'. Nosebleed tickets for families still available but would not pay nearly $500 for them.( talking level 4 and above- where we get shunted for reciprocal games at ANZ)
Come on, how is level 4 nosebleeds? Level 4 is a great place to sit if you actually want to see wtf is going on whilst still having a pretty decent atmosphere. Level 6 is a joke though, I sat up there for our GF vs Souths and never again. You are so disconnected from everything and can barely see who each player is.

If level 4 is still available, there is no way this thing is selling out.

Best thing Cows did was get rid of Tamou..
I have not been able to understand for 2 or 3 years why this pretender is considered one of the best props. He has a pea heart as far as I am concerned. One dimensional and next to useless.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Best thing Cows did was get rid of Tamou..
You can add Ben Hannatt to that list too. Neither were a great loss.

I for one didn’t think the boys would do this well as neither had been replaced. Jordan McLean partnering Thumper up front next year is going to be epic AF.

FAS33

Waterboy
Reaction score
I have not been able to understand for 2 or 3 years why this pretender is considered one of the best props. He has a pea heart as far as I am concerned. One dimensional and next to useless.
He was good for about 1 year. The thing that annoys me is how he slows down every time just before he hits the line. Every single run. just run hard ya numpty. Big for nothing.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cowboys have good recent success.

2014 Semi Final
2015 made GF
2016 Preliminary Final
2017 made GF
2018 - JT, Matt Scott and Jordan McLean.

If not this year. We'll be hard to stop next year.
The Jordan McLean pick up is going to be so good for you guys, one of the most underrated props tbh. Real good tough prop.

Rarely ever misses a tackle and has only made 2 errors all year while still averaging 10m per run.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Come on, how is level 4 nosebleeds? Level 4 is a great place to sit if you actually want to see wtf is going on whilst still having a pretty decent atmosphere. Level 6 is a joke though, I sat up there for our GF vs Souths and never again. You are so disconnected from everything and can barely see who each player is.
Don't like heights,lol.

Just done another little check and the only sections that are allocation exhausted are silver and bronze non alcohol (Gold non alcohol is in aisle 122 on tunnel side) and restricted view. Storm supporters area behind the posts are down to single seat availability. Can still score a family ticket ( two sets together in fact) in section 115 which is in the corner near where the Bulldogs army normally sits.

Considering a lot would have been purchased in the pre- sales for NRL club members earlier in the year and later by fans of sides who made the finals will the majority of them still want to go just for the experience of watching two non NSW sides play?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't like heights,lol.

Just done another little check and the only sections that are allocation exhausted are silver and bronze non alcohol (Gold non alcohol is in aisle 122 on tunnel side) and restricted view. Storm supporters area behind the posts are down to single seat availability. Can still score a family ticket ( two sets together in fact) in section 115 which is in the corner near where the Bulldogs army normally sits.

Considering a lot would have been purchased in the pre- sales for NRL club members earlier in the year and later by fans of sides who made the finals will the majority of them still want to go just for the experience of watching two non NSW sides play?
Wow there is no way it will sell out unless they heavily discount tickets. I can't imagine many neutral fans wanting to go along at all, apart from people with ANZ Memberships who get a free ticket.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wow there is no way it will sell out unless they heavily discount tickets. I can't imagine many neutral fans wanting to go along at all, apart from people with ANZ Memberships who get a free ticket.

Just done another little check now and Storm area behind goal posts sold out. Still plenty available in all other areas : I just added in two family tickets i.e. 8 consecutive seats and had no trouble with availability. Not that I did actually order them though and I did not even have to log in via the 'my Ticketek account' button. Did the whole thing other than actually hit the order button before it asked to create an account.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
They'll claim there are no tickets, then on game day with wide angle shots half the stadium will be empty.

Then to save face they'll use stock footage from previous games/years matches of the 2 clubs to make it seem more full :grinning:

Media have been doing it all year.. namely Ch 9.

On another note.. Watson Boas seems fit to play for PNG Hunters and cleared of serious injury, just has to pass concussion test tomorrow.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They'll claim there are no tickets, then on game day with wide angle shots half the stadium will be empty.

Then to save face they'll use stock footage from previous games/years matches of the 2 clubs to make it seem more full :grinning:

Media have been doing it all year.. namely Ch 9.

On another note.. Watson Boas seems fit to play for PNG Hunters and cleared of serious injury, just has to pass concussion test tomorrow.
Still tickets available even in the dedicated supporters bays. Have seen plenty of freebies given by groups like Brydens etc.

Great if Boas plays; I am looking forward to watching the game between Hunters and Panthers. The other games well I can give or take on those...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As at 7.56pm tonight tickets STILL available........

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would have thought cowboys fans would have snapped them all up

Status
Not open for further replies.