2016 playing structure/style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure if I heard correctly but in tolman's interview on the doggies website, he talks about others learning about a new structure.

Let me know what you guys think as I can't hear it properly.
Never noticed when first listening but you are right, he says "learning the different stucture we have".

On a side issue it says he looked up to Morley as a kid and he soneone he "tried to model his game around" , i couldnt help but LOL. His game is nothing like Morleys. With Morley people feared running at him, he bent the line and was a an enforcer on the field the complete opposite of Tolman.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Desmond better change it, it's okay grinding out wins every now and then but doing it all the time is way to taxing on the players. We need to be able to destroy teams and close out games. The 1 point win over the Dragons in the finals was a disgrace and a perfect example of playing negative football. We need to be able to implement both styles to be successful (top four finish).

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Des doesn't change tactics and team selection policies (i.e not dropping out of form players and rewarding those in Reserves) this season then it should be his last. Plain and simple.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who was he saying that about though, the whole team or just the new guys?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who was he saying that about though, the whole team or just the new guys?
Zap asks him how has he found the pre season and he talks about himself first getting the body fit and ready, and then learning the different structure.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Zap asks him how has he found the pre season and he talks about himself first getting the body fit and ready, and then learning the different structure.
id say hes referring to donny singe's regime. they wont see a footy til after new year if im not mistaken.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good to hear Frawley bcaking up what Tolman said that we will be playing a little differently with different structures.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
would love to see some 2nd phase plays and more ball movement in the oppositions 20 this is where we lacked and couldn't score trys .

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Will it be 4 years straight playing the same boring and predictable structure or will Des revamp our playing style for 2016?[/

Last edited by a moderator:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I just hope our play in 2016 has some structure and style after 2015

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
would love to see some 2nd phase plays and more ball movement in the oppositions 20 this is where we lacked and couldn't score trys .
Agree with you on both of those. JUst my opinion but attacking with second phase plays should leave the opposition's defence a bit ragged when we get to their 20 metres.

We have enough players with ball skills and those who are hard hitters in attack to score the tries.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
With the limited interchange it would actually make sense to involve the backs and the halves more. Hopefully we will see much more enterprising play this year.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That run around.
And there was a particular little fuk head who kept sooking about that play in his column clothes creating fan backlash from other retarded clubs

Let's see who can guess who this little Wessel is

I'll give you a hint
He has been punched in the face by a player when he was coach of a toothless club

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Des is God's gift to league so I doubt he will bite the bullet and change his outdated, ineffective style.
Stop trolling assassin everything is going to be fine man. Des hasbeen is a SuperCoach whom has delivered us premiership after premiership playing some entertaining and attacking footy. He's had all the resources at his disposal incl a bloody shrink ffs and still play boring as bat shit. However don't u dare criticise him or post negative comments on here otherwise you will be called a troll and told to go support another team.
Everything is suppose to be rosey in kennel land and we are suppose to get along as robots just like des haslers playing structure!!!!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd go with Garvey on the bench and play a more up tempo game around the ruck. Hopefully with donny singe tearing into their fitness they can adapt to an uptempo faster game plan.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Stop trolling assassin everything is going to be fine man. Des hasbeen is a SuperCoach whom has delivered us premiership after premiership playing some entertaining and attacking footy. He's had all the resources at his disposal incl a bloody shrink ffs and still play boring as bat shit. However don't u dare criticise him or post negative comments on here otherwise you will be called a troll and told to go support another team.
Everything is suppose to be rosey in kennel land and we are suppose to get along as robots just like des haslers playing structure!!!!
I'm sorry sir.

In Des we trust.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That will keep the sheep happy on this forum.
Insert: we will win the grand final every year des is our coach here^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.